Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    BG tournament (attempt #2)

    Good news everyone. It's the time of the year where we have to decide who is the alpha male on this board, and apparently, there is no better way to do it than a starcraft 2 tournament!

    The first tournament never happened (only 3 of us logged that day), so I decided to do thing a little differently this time...if people are still interested of course.


    Fucking tournaments, how do they work?
    -Any BGer can signup, no matter what league they are in
    -We will have a single division that include everyone (in the unlikely scenario where a lot of people signup, I will split it in two group)
    -Everybody will play 3 matches against everybody.
    -You will have 2 weeks to complete your matches. If you and your opponent can't figure out a schedule, I will reserve 3 more days after the tournament to figure out something (if one side can't show up, he lose, if both side still fail, it's a draw).
    -If a participant played less than 75% of his games, he will be removed from the tournament (and every match against him are nullified)
    -Score will be calculated like this: 2 points per win, 1 point per draw, 0 points per lose


    Grand Finale
    The top 4 will play a semi-finale round (1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd), and a final round. Again, the players will decide when they want to play it, except this time, we will announce it on the board beforehand in case people want to watch. The semi finale and finale will be respectively "best of 5" and "best of 7"

    Prize
    Bard will sing songs about your manhood for generation. What more could you ask for?


    Match rules: final destination, no item
    - Map selection will be limited to ladder map, unless both side agree for a different one. I will decide who pick the first and third map beforehand (half of the time, you will pick 2, the other half, you will pick 1). If there is some odd number somewhere, a good old d&d dice will decide who get jewed.
    - Cheating is allowed. Cheating however will make your penis shrink, and you don't want that.
    - Mention the "game #" at the beginning of every match, and save the replay. You don't need to upload it, and I doubt anyone will lie, but let's just say it might be helpful if there is some confusion over the score.
    - If both side agree to call the game a draw, then it is a draw. If both side refuse to make any move (after a base race), the game is a draw.






    Participants
    -Kaylia : Kaylin/444
    -Geno : Geno/125
    -Jotaru: Disharmony/480
    -Anakron: omni/532
    -Lovehatehero: pnelly/941
    -Thulius: Thulius/482
    -Misuicide: Misuicide/789
    -Bweigelt: Britton/872
    -Falaras: Falaras/665
    -Stewie: Dissonance/845
    -Tornfleshofsoul: Torn/114
    -Serif: Serif/870
    -Zhais: ???
    -julian ??? (maybe)
    -Rehn: Lucid/853 (maybe)
    -Beleron: Matthew/1550 (maybe)
    -Secksi: Copper/437
    -Jinn: Jinn/660





    So who is in? As long we have more than 4, I will do it!

  2. #2
    LazyShell
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,903
    BG Level
    6

    /

    geno.125

  3. #3
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    And post your battle net name/id if its not listed in the other thread!

    [edit]

    Also, I would like to start next sunday if we have enough name by then. Late application is still possible due to the format, but yeah...I'm not going to wait 2 weeks to start it!

  4. #4
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    /

    geno.125
    I already had it sheesh, didnt need the edit!

  5. #5
    LazyShell
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,903
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah I noticed afterwards

  6. #6
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I think the rules are solid in overall, but if anyone has any suggestion, or see any flaw that I overlooked, it's still time to change it.

  7. #7
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,383
    BG Level
    6

    /

    My info is listed, but its Disharmony / 480... I think. I'll doublecheck the code in a bit

  8. #8
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    omni / 532

    Are you saying that everybody will play everybody else for 3 games, and then the top 4 scorers play the semis and final? I don't understand what you mean by "bracket" in that case,, since it's just one giant group. And also, if we get more than 10 people, it may be hard to finish 9 x 3 + games in 2 weeks for some people.

    I think it would be easier to start with what most consider a balanced map (e.g. metalopolis) and then have loser of each match pick the next map. This should work pretty well for all the 3s. As long as people can agree to it.

    Thanks for organizing!

  9. #9
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    That's why I said if we have more than 8, I will split it in 2 groups . Not gonna happen though...I think. Also, I don't mind adding more time if needed, but 3x9 games is approximatively 9 hours, which in my opinion is reasonable over 2 weeks. I will worry about this later though!!


    And yes, I mean one large group where everybody will play against everybody. It's pretty much like any professional sport season, except there is a single conference/division.

    That's a decent idea for the map. I personally would go with random map if we had the option, but bnet suck. I will go with w/e people want instead.



    [edit]

    Don't need to thanks me, I just wrote a post! Organizing the tournament will be everyone responsability, since they play the match whenever they want If I have to babysit people to make them play against each other, it's not going to works.

  10. #10
    You fall, we haul. Saving your Ass is my business
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    488
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Sign me up. HOPEFULLY, I will be all moved back in Ohio after this cross country move from cali-ohio.

  11. #11
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Count me in, Thulius.482.

  12. #12
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    690
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I'm in. I SHALL BE THE ALPHA MALE OF BG! maybe we can get a custom title if whoever is the winner. Up to sono, ofcourse

  13. #13
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,382
    BG Level
    7

    I'm in. Britton.872 and I agree with the custom title.

  14. #14
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,252
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Sure why not.

  15. #15
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I'm interested but, really busy with school, probably for the next week and a half, maybe two weeks, so I'll abstain until I feel that I have a good handle on that work getting done. So I guess I'll late app or something if it's not too late

  16. #16
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Whomever plays me automatically wins :D

    I am in as long as it isn't this weekend or during the day or at 6 PM EST or during one of my shows.

  17. #17
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    478
    BG Level
    4

    I'm in so long as my schedule works. If not I'd still like to play some of you guys

    Torn: 114

  18. #18
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6

    I'll play~

  19. #19
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    12-13 already! That's more than I thought.



    Should we split the tournament in 2 groups? I don't mind playing 40 games, but it might be too many for most. Hopefully, a few more will join and we can make 2 decents group.


    I'm going to give people until sunday to signup, and the "season" will begin right after!

  20. #20
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Splitting would probably be easier, otherwise, people would need to be very proactive about getting their matches in. It's not simply a matter of playing 11 x 3 games, because you also need to coordinate with others to actually get the matches in. Also, there will likely be people that aren't on as much as others, and they'll end up being bottlenecks as everybody waits to play them.

    But since it's a season-style type thing, I personally don't have any problems with having it go over 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BG SSF4AE Tournament(XBOX) 9/9/11-9/11/11
    By Callisto in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 2011-09-13, 19:09
  2. BG SC2 Tournament attempt #3, 2v2 Edition
    By Salodin in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2011-05-12, 11:19
  3. BG SC2 TOURNE ATTEMPT #2!
    By Misuicide in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 2011-04-18, 11:19
  4. Replies: 223
    Last Post: 2010-11-27, 23:43
  5. BG's SFIV Tournament II: Raging Demons 6/15/09
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 332
    Last Post: 2009-07-03, 02:15