So I've been wanting to get a new hard drive for my laptop for a while because I need more space for stuff like movies. My current hard drive only has 250GB of space, which makes me feel really limited on what I can bring with my laptop. My main concern is the RPM of the hard drive and the effects it can have on the performance and battery life of the laptop. I want to upgrade to a faster hard drive (7200RPM), but scared that it'll drain my battery even faster. Was wondering if anyone here has had any experience switching from a 5400RPM drive to a 7200RPM drive and can let me know the pros and cons on how it affects the battery life of the laptop and the performance of the hard drive itself.
Also, the two hard drives that I've been eyeing if anyone has had any experience with them:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152237
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152242
Thanks in advance
XI Wiki

