Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Disconnecting from Final Fantasy XI

    As the title implies, I get disconnected from FFXI and POL. Well the problem is, with internet service as spotty as mine at times I've noticed something rather unusual, this issue only happens on my Windows 7 Ultimate box.

    It starts off as a lowering of the outgoing connection percentage, the problem is that I have a ps2 and an XP box that seem to be able to handle the reconnection and stay online while the windows 7 box automatically fully disconnects me regardless of the connection status. I have at times stayed online for a few seconds while ffxi reconnects and I am able to send out a message via ls chat or party chat before I am completely kicked off.

    My question is this, is there any component that I am not aware of that does this solely on Windows 7? I've searched for quite some time and have been unable to find an answer to this dilemma. As I recall as well, this issue happened on Vista Ultimate as well, not just on this pc but on a completely separate pc as well.

    Any and all help is welcomed regarding this issue !

  2. #2
    IN CANADA!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    472
    BG Level
    4

    I had a terrible router (D-Link 524) that would always disconnect my FFXI connection after every 2 hours of continuous gameplay (torrents and downloads were fine). I gave it a google, but in the end, it was quicker / easier to buy a new router.

    Not exactly your issue, but it might be worth mentioning.