Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Issue with displays not turning off...

    Wondering if anyone on BG can help me figure out this issue. Monitors refuse to turn off ( and stay off ). Started happening post-upgrade to Win 10.

    Power settings aside, I've tried to set my power button to turn off display. When I press it, it would turn off momentarily then turn back on again. I should note that this only happens when I'm logged in. When I'm logged out, the monitors turn off properly. I've also tried unplugging all USB devices and Network cables and the monitors still refuse to turn off.

    =/ Not sure what else I can try, or is there a utility I can use to check what is keeping the displays on?

  2. #2
    Ranger
    9900klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    9,976
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    I ran into this recently and it was teamviewer
    there are some things you can do to find out stuff here
    http://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-...-accidentally/

  3. #3
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    I just uninstalled team viewer to check but still happening... and yeah I tried checking the powercfg and had disabled all devices that could have woken it. =(

  4. #4
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    OK, finally! Found out the reason. After deleting software 1 by 1 until I found the culprit, it turned out to be the n52te editor. That was kind of strange since it wouldn't turn off even with the n52te unplugged but suddenly worked with the software uninstalled.

    Meh, the keys are already registered and I probably won't use it for any future games so all good.

  5. #5
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Mine was doing the same thing until I unplugged my razer nostromo (same thing). Didn't have to remove synapse, but if it is plugged in the screens burn all night...

Similar Threads

  1. Lagging Issue with FFXI.
    By Koga in forum Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-08-13, 19:44
  2. Issues with Power Supply
    By Hollaback in forum Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-06-09, 20:56