Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Exclusive Tags     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    72
    BG Level
    2

    Exclusive Tags

    If we as players could designate armor or weapons to be branded with the Exclusive tags by an NPC that could not be removed, would you do it? I just wondered because I know there are certain items that I would not sell nor ever plan on selling.

    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...eexclusive.jpg

  2. #2
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,921
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    no, i like to share when i can.

  3. #3
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    I wish the opposite sometimes. I have some items that I wouldn't mind other people borrowing/having.

  4. #4
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    579
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    I'll probably be hammered for this but ....

    I'd really like to be able to lend out my ridill. For this example I am completely ignoring the ability to sell non rare ex items, which would probably have a "fairly" negative effect. It would stop a large amount of the aery drama and if an ls getting a ridill meant that a number of people could mess around with it boost ls morale.

    On many items it would be great if you could trade them back to an ls if you quit the game or want to trade back an item which you have now replaced. I.e. you get a joyeuse and then some time later a ridill it would be nice to be able to trade the joy toy back to the ls rather than keep it on a mannequin. The same goes for a lot of af2 as you progress to I suppose.

    As for the op's suggestion. I don't see the issue if you don't plan to sell it having marked as rare or ex is just a pointless limitation. The only real benefit would be the warning that flashes up if you try to drop it but meh.

  5. #5
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    I would like a 1 time send thing on rare/ex items, similar to their one time item recovery. If say, you have a Duelist Chap/Dalm and you decide to quit, have your one time send on each item go to a friend so the items don't get wasted.

    This would still keep items rare and unsellable, and they don't go to waste either when people quit.

  6. #6
    Lampoon
    Guest

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    I'm more interested to see an NPC storage for such items as Tungi, Franny, Minstrel Coat, etc. Anything that are not sets. Event items can be stored with NPC (Pitchforks, Staves, Robes), why can't these?

    Also, hoping SE will implement NPC storage for assault sets (Askar, Amir, Yigit, Pahl., etc.)

  7. #7
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    Well they only give you the extra security option if it's rare not ex. Rare would be pointless cause then you'd be only able to hold one item of the type.

    Solution: Don't play when you are drunk or if you are mentally retarded

  8. #8
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    168
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoon
    I'm more interested to see an NPC storage for such items as Tungi, Franny, Minstrel Coat, etc. Anything that are not sets. Event items can be stored with NPC (Pitchforks, Staves, Robes), why can't these?

    Also, hoping SE will implement NPC storage for assault sets (Askar, Amir, Yigit, Pahl., etc.)
    QFT lol

    50% of the crap i have in my mog house are things like shamans cloak and the lv. 50 JSE, which i probaly wont ever use... But i dont want to drop them. I would also enjoy if the Limbus NPC would hold materials I have about 5.

  9. #9
    Lampoon
    Guest

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroken
    I would also enjoy if the Limbus NPC would hold materials I have about 5.
    This should work the same way as Salvage NPC does.

  10. #10
    PRINCESS NEWMUMMY
    space mini!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    183
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    I am totally in favor of the storage NPCs holding any and all rare/ex items. That would be so tremendously helpful given how much new gear is rare/ex, not to mention the older gear (Emp pin, r/e Okote) that is being turned into rare/ex. I think people would complain a lot less about inventory space and MH/ML space if this was the case. And if the Limbus/AF Upgrade NPC would take materials and store them like the Salvage NPC then a lot of upgrade items might not be tossed or allowed to drop into the abyss.

    As far as tagging items ex that are not, no way! I rely on being able to send things to mules and Dbox them to myself. If ex meant more than one extra "Yes I want to drop this piece of trash" I might think about it. However the reverse would be quite useful to me.

  11. #11
    Lampoon
    Guest

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    I'm curious as to how much server space key items for armor/weapons take up vs MH/ML?

  12. #12
    Liquidedust
    Guest

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoon
    I'm curious as to how much server space key items for armor/weapons take up vs MH/ML?
    Depending on how it is implemented less or more, for sets I would say less (think 1 string compared to 5 strings of data) for single items might be less might be more (depending on how the key item data is stored vs. item data).

  13. #13
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    I have never used a storage NPC. I dont keep gear that I dont use unless its r/ex, and most of that gear is not storeable, of the exceptions that are storable like AF, I use at least one peice from each set so I still cant store. For this reason the Storage NPC's seem rather useless to me.

  14. #14
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoon
    Also, hoping SE will implement NPC storage for assault sets (Askar, Amir, Yigit, Pahl., etc.)
    Amen... I have Pahl set and enough points to get 3/5 pieces of another set right now if I wanted. I'd probably grab the Yigit set and store it if I could on the off-chance that I leveled a mage job one day.

  15. #15
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    963
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    Wouldnt that completely nullify the idea of ex items? They were made ex for a reason, if you were able to switch the ex tag on and off, would just make it like any other item you want to sell/dont want to sell.

  16. #16
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    527
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Exclusive Tags

    Hmm, in light of the recent account thefts it might make me feel more secure about my toon if I could make some things exclusive. I'd definitely add an ex tag to gear that took a lot of work or gil to get and I have no plan to get rid of... stuff like osode, ebow, nobles tunic, and serket ring. That being said, it's nice that those items are sellable because they're a quick way to accumulate gil if I suddenly decide to quit whm or rng and gear some other job.

Similar Threads

  1. Assault Tags Problem ; ;
    By McTaru in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2006-08-08, 15:34
  2. I.D. Tag crap
    By Priran in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2006-06-06, 12:29
  3. Assualt ID tags? How many a day?
    By Elipse in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-05-01, 19:06
  4. new game of tag.
    By Shaodin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2005-08-28, 17:35