Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Computer problems     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Computer problems

    On startup, I get this:
    http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6...computerr3.jpg
    two times, if I click it a second time, a bunch of command prompts start opening, then computer just freezes. I've done checks with spybot/avg and it hasn't helped. I would just keep the message on there, but it overlaps WoW

  2. #2
    Ashira
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    On startup, I get this:
    http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6...computerr3.jpg
    two times, if I click it a second time, a bunch of command prompts start opening, then computer just freezes. I've done checks with spybot/avg and it hasn't helped. I would just keep the message on there, but it overlaps WoW
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/winupdate

    Also:

    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=152789

    With links on taking care of it in those forums.

  3. #3
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,008
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Nice Wallpaper! >.>;

  4. #4
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Ok, now I can't stay on my computer for more than 5minutes without it freezing no matter what. Halp? I need a system restore but I can't get to it ><

  5. #5
    Ashira
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Ok, now I can't stay on my computer for more than 5minutes without it freezing no matter what. Halp? I need a system restore but I can't get to it ><
    You have a trojan, as the links I posted above state. If you get to a point where you can't even do the instructions given on taht site, may be time to just wipe the drive and reformat it :/

  6. #6
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    I did the first and second one(spybot), but once I tried the third one it went to hell. If I reformat I would need the discs, so I guess I'm screwed ._.

  7. #7
    Not Killing Ganon
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,262
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    you can try doing the steps in safe mode>.>;

  8. #8
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    When I try to enter safe mode, my monitor says Out of range

  9. #9
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Well, I just ordered a decent(for me, anyways), computer off ebay. Good bye christmas+birthday money, goodbye 200gb of manga
    If anyone has any ideas to get safe mode to work, please tell D:

  10. #10
    YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,453
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Just because windows won't boot doesn't mean you have to lose your personal data.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812232002

    Buy one of those, hook your old drive up to it, instant access to your data.

  11. #11
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Well I just got it working, just taking out the video card >_>; Could it be a driver thing? I just updated about a week ago. My card is a Nvidia 7300 GT
    Also, my USB keyboard works, but not my normal mouse? So hard to post this only using tab

    Edit: This is what the screen usually looked like when it froze
    http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5...entaspxnb2.jpg

  12. #12
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    I wiped my old drivers, put video card back, and reinstalled the latest ones. I'm afraid to restart it, since Nvidia control panel will open up, and I read that it causes the computer to freeze.