Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Taisaijin?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Taisaijin?

    2 nights ago, I killed Taisaijin. Last night, it never popped, so I assumed someone killed a Taisai. At this time, I killed all 3 Taisai so I would know when to come back 72 hours later. Tonight, after dynamis, my buddy passed through the zone and told me Taisaijin was up and I was like O.O. So I went there and it was indeed up (killed + no drop btw). So whats the deal? I thought it was 72 hour wait if the taisai were disrupted?

  2. #2
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    That's what I had always heard, but I wouldn't know because the only time I camped it, for a month straight two JPs would kill taisais and /wave and/or /laugh at me then continue doing w/e it was they were doing.

  3. #3
    They're just like us
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Wow. Talk about a couple of dick holes.

  4. #4
    Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,425
    BG Level
    6

    Give up, the only way to really get a good hold on Taisajin is to get him after maitenance, then just pray you can keep the time.

  5. #5
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    450
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Amentos Vonfreshmaker
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

    From my experience, I believe it can be 24, 48, or 72 hours after the Taisai is killed, I *think*.

    I'm not 100% sure, but something similar to this has happened to me as well.

  6. #6
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    32
    BG Level
    1

    If you really got a pop 24 hours after killing all 3 PHs, then something is amiss. If you're full of shit, then your full of shit and we all go back to camping it with what little life we have. Either or, we all lose.

  7. #7
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    taisaijin is a pissy nm anyway drops nothing good unless your that desperate for refresh which i highly doubt

  8. #8
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,272
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Easiest way to get the hat is to do Nyzul Isle - we've had 3 drop in the past year, and saw him again last night.

    The title is awesome though, and you don't get that from the Nyzul version.

  9. #9
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,612
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Wasting a month is probably not worth the title, and like LinkTheDeme said, his drop is worthless as well.

  10. #10
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    450
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Amentos Vonfreshmaker
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

    His drop is amazing. It's like the ultimate town piece.

    The title is the real prize though...it's by far my favorite.

  11. #11
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I was bombarded with school so the only time I could play was Dynamis and Limbus.
    When I was camping, so I'd just sit there logged w/ timestamp on. Didn't really waste time if I wasn't there.

    Title was the main reason I wanted it too. :/

  12. #12
    S N K
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,664
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    taisaijin is a pissy nm anyway drops nothing good unless your that desperate for refresh which i highly doubt
    Some people just don't get the appeal of Notorious Monster hunting. :<

  13. #13
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    It's is a great piece for skilling up guard.

  14. #14
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei View Post
    It's is a great piece for skilling up guard.
    lol, I guess you didn't check out my sig

  15. #15
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by #686578 View Post
    Give up, the only way to really get a good hold on Taisajin is to get him after maitenance, then just pray you can keep the time.

    Or be lucky like me. I was bored one day so I went to see if he was up. He wasn't. I sat there for 45 minutes and then he popped. No hat though, sadly. But the title is enough.

  16. #16
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,003
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei View Post
    It's is a great piece for skilling up guard.
    ^-- This, 0/1 so far...

    Yea, I had this issue too as well. Not sure what was up with it. Whats the drop rate anyway? Finally got 1/5 on Rain Hat the other day. Hope the drop rate isn't as bad as that

  17. #17
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    ^-- This, 0/1 so far...

    Yea, I had this issue too as well. Not sure what was up with it. Whats the drop rate anyway? Finally got 1/5 on Rain Hat the other day. Hope the drop rate isn't as bad as that
    Actually, if you want a hat for skilling guard, get a Feral Mask. -6 eva and +6 guard skill.

  18. #18
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,096
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei View Post
    It's is a great piece for skilling up parrying.
    fixed

  19. #19
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    273
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by EssEnnKay View Post
    Some people just don't get the appeal of Notorious Monster hunting. :<
    Yea, this is one of those NMs you just wanna kill cuz......Its an NM, and I love killing/hunting NMs even if they have no drop/shitty drop.

  20. #20
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    346
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Spelunker's Hat more rare than drings?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast