Well i just dled the demo from PSN, played through it, seems like it'll be decent, I'll prob pick it up when it gets cheaper, right now it releases 10/7.
Well i just dled the demo from PSN, played through it, seems like it'll be decent, I'll prob pick it up when it gets cheaper, right now it releases 10/7.
I got the demo last night for the PS3, it has an amazingly fun system, reminds me a lot of Red Faction, there's just one deal break for me, and that's the one weapon at a time BS. I hate not being able to swap through an arsenal of weapons, it's so annoying. I was playing the demo instinctively trying to fumble for a weapon switch button but didn't find it =\ Only other thing I had a problem with is that the combat and the terrain alteration do not mix well.
Tried out the demo this afternoon; wasn't terribly impressed. The terrain modification system is really quite neat, but the shooting felt too 'loose' for my tastes. The story looks to be absolute trash, but Fracture could have legs if they can really nail the level design and get players using the terrain modifiers in innovative ways beyond "get over this wall" kind of puzzles.
As neat as the terrain altering feature is, it's very linear. It's like you can only use the feature where they tell you to or exactly where they want you to.
Exactly my point. You can't cause any wall to crumble by rising up terrain under it and even using it in firefights (to create obstacles for cover or enfilades to duck down into) was pretty useless.
It's not somethin im buying right away, so I'll pick it up for 20-30
If the online is fun I will probably buy it, if not then it's just a rental. Will probably only be like 5hrs long anyways.
Haven't got round to playing the demo yet, but absolutely everyone I've spoken to about it says good concept bad execution. I'll probably give the demo a shot tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much.