Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7

    "AntispywareXP2009" anyone ever get this trojan?

    Please don't flame, if you don't know how to fix this don't respond.

    I suck with computers these days. Yesterday this stupid fucking program DLed onto my comp and I cannot get it off. I have looked up other people complaining about it and tried to delete some registry values with no luck. I cannot remove it using add/remove programs. It has also hijacked any search engine I use and redirects it to baloney sites and, heres the kicker, it times me out when I try to visit any anti-virus software site like norton, pc-cillin, even McCaffee.

    Is there any other way to get rid of this stupid thing now? Im gonna get some new antivirus tomorrow, it ran out a couple weeks back.

  2. #2
    Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,569
    BG Level
    6

    http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

    Follow the instructions on the web page exactly, write them down or print them out if you have to. Will remove virtually any of those ransomware spyware/antivirus programs (even if it's not listed explicitly, they come up with new names every day) with minimal collateral damage.

  3. #3
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,652
    BG Level
    6

    Here's a removal guide,

    1. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (mbam-setup.exe) and save it on your Desktop.

    http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes...4-10804572.htm

    2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    3. Follow the prompts and install as “default” only
    4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
    - Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
    - Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
    5. Click “Finish.” Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
    6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
    7. When scanning is finished click on the “Show Results”
    8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
    9. Restart your computer.

  4. #4
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,720
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    just run malwarebytes, removes that shit right away!

  5. #5
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7

    Have you used the above program or heard anything about it? I fear downloading stuff that will just turn out to be more of this nonsense.

    edit: I love how you come out of hiding zig to answer my questions.

  6. #6
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,652
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi View Post
    Have you used the above program or heard anything about it? I fear downloading stuff that will just turn out to be more of this nonsense.

    edit: I love how you come out of hiding zig to answer my questions.
    Firefox + Spybot + CCleaner + Avira security (or ESET smart security) = malware proof

  7. #7
    Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,569
    BG Level
    6

    I've personally used SmitFraudFix on several PCs, but not MalwareBytes. I'm sure that they're both safe though, if 0ni0n and Zigma are backing up the other one.

  8. #8
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,652
    BG Level
    6

    Avira and ESET are two of the most effective (98% and 99% respectively) anti-malware software on the market according to Virus Bulletin, an independent group that tests all security products every 3 months. Avira is relatively resource demanding, I will recommand 4GB of ram for vista and 2GB for xp if you want to run it. ESET is more layback but equally secure. You can grab both from mininova. I also use hijackthis sometimes in conjution with all the programs mentioned above.

  9. #9
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7

    well that worked perfectly. you guys are damn good. thanks for the speedy advice.

  10. #10
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86
    BG Level
    2

    A while back a friends computer had the same thing (except anitvirusxp2008) and Malwarebyte's fixed it quick.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone ever get tutored one on one for the SATs?
    By Ksandra in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2009-08-23, 21:48