Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Windower Scripts Issues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    942
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Windower Scripts Issues

    Long story short, my scripts aren't working properly. I use the /input thingy scripts...Erm better example would probably help.


    input /equip Main Terra's Staff";
    input /equip Ammo "Hedgehog Bomb";
    input /equip Head "Wlk. Chapeau +1";
    input /equip Neck "Grandiose Chain";
    input /equip L.Ear "Magnetic Earring";
    input /equip R.Ear "Loquac. Earring";
    input /equip Body "Errant Hpl.";
    input /equip Hands "Dusk gloves";
    input /equip L.Ring "Aqua Ring";
    input /equip R.Ring "Tamas Ring";
    input /equip Back "Prism Cape";
    input /equip Waist "Swift belt";
    input /equip Legs "Mahatma slops";
    input /equip Feet "Dusk Ledelsens";
    Anyway basically, my rings and earrings won't equip properly from switching from a different script set.

    I always hit my idle script after everything I do so this is how it looks..


    input /equip ammo "Hedgehog Bomb";
    input /equip sub "Raptor Strap +1";
    input /equip main "Terra's Staff";
    input /equip legs "Crimson Cuisses";
    input /equip waist "Hierarch Belt";
    input /equip back "Cheviot cape";
    input /equip ring1 "Tamas Ring";
    input /equip ring2 "Jelly Ring";
    input /equip hands "Dvt. Mitts +1";
    input /equip ear1 "Loquac. Earring";
    input /equip body "Vermillion Cloak";
    input /equip neck "Grandiose Chain";
    input /equip ear2 "Magnetic Earring";
    input /equip feet "Mahatma Pigaches";

    Now this happens with my BLM scripts too... I'm not exactly sure how to fix it other then redoing the whole thing. Which I don't really want to do considering I have a lot of scripts for both jobs. So any ideas on how to fix it?

    Thank you. :3

  2. #2
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6

    Seperate the ring1 and ring2 a few slots, same with earrings.

  3. #3
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I'm tired as hell so it could just be my eyes, but are you crossing over earrings/rings there? Tamas Ring and Magnetic/Loq seem to swap positions which will very potentially screw up the macros.

    I mean as in L Ear => R Ear etc.

  4. #4
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    942
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    That could probably be it. I'll have to check it out later since I'm on BLM again. xP

    So basically just keep the earrings/rings I can't really say in the same place but for example, my Tamas ring is 100% always on and I switch my other ring constantly. I've also tried spacing everything apart and put a Pause 0.5 between the rings and it didn't really work.

    I wouldn't have noticed it till my friend pointed something out. xP.

  5. #5
    Radsourceful

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,964
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    For sanity reasons use either rring\lring\rear\lear or ring1\ring2\ear1\ear2, not both. xxx1 = lxxx though, so it is trying to equip the already equipped Tamas ring to the other slot.

  6. #6
    Failed Sex Ed
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,391
    BG Level
    7

    right ring/earring first, I have problems when I do left ring/earring first, weird. And yea like they said separate them by a few pieces of gear.

    This never fails me on my whm:
    Code:
    alias curep input /equip head "mirror tiara"; input /equip ring2 "trooper's ring"; input /equip hands "blessed mitts"; input /equip legs "blessed trousers"; input /equip body "Noble's tunic"; input /equip ring1 "Bomb Queen Ring"; input /equip neck "beak necklace +1"; input /equip waist "Penitent's Rope"; input /equip ear2 "novia Earring"; input /equip back "errant cape"; input /equip sub "staff strap"; input /equip ammo "holy ampulla"; input /equip ear1 "Insomnia Earring"; input /equip feet "blessed pumps";

  7. #7
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,674
    BG Level
    8

    Use spellcast. I can PM you old blm and rdm ones that just need your gear put in if you want.

  8. #8
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    942
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I don't know how to use spellcast. ; ; I have it from the windower but I don't figure out how to use it so I settled for using the built in windower scripts. But if it'll help I guess I'll give it a try.

  9. #9
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    I put quotes around every gear macro I have. I never have any issues.

    /equip "Ear1" "Spike Earring";

    Probably won't help but maybe it needs quotes *shrug*

    Does R.Ear and L.Ear even work?

  10. #10
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    942
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I put quotes around every gear macro I have. I never have any issues.

    /equip "Ear1" "Spike Earring";

    Probably won't help but maybe it needs quotes *shrug*

    Does R.Ear and L.Ear even work?

    Yea it works. ^^;

  11. #11
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    942
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I believe I've managed to fix it...I just made sure that the rings/earrings don't interchange. Like keeping my Tamas ring on as R.Ring while switching out L.Ring. I haven't tested it out on my RDM yet but it works so far on my BLM. ^^; Thanks everyone!

    And for spellcast, I'd like to give it a shot since I don't have to type names and <t> but it looks complicated. >><<;

  12. #12
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Also keep your rings and earrings separated by a few lines.

    Meaning, put Ring1, Ear, then a couple other pieces, then Ring2, Ear2. Keep them a few lines apart and they usually won't have any problem equipping properly.

  13. #13
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    324
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenjade View Post
    And for spellcast, I'd like to give it a shot since I don't have to type names and <t> but it looks complicated. >><<;
    I was put off by Spellcast looking complicated. But I tried it with a script I got from someone else and then I grasped it. Trying to learn it from scratch without an example to play with first is kinda hard.

    Also, I didn't trash all the old macros I used. I got so used to the position of the macros on my G11 keyboard that I kept them all... and just used a smaller Spellcast script for instances where weather/day could affect choice of gear. For example wearing Light/Dark Obis or Diabolos's ring etc. That's basically all I use Spellcast for and it works great.

  14. #14
    Failed Sex Ed
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,391
    BG Level
    7

    only thing I don't like about spellcast is it delays your spellcasting a little bit to wait for gearswaps to go through which i am pretty sure is unnecessary since i never have problems with windower scripts having no delay (think people dying mid-cure, any extra delay is too much for good mages!)

    and you can't set a negative aftercast delay, so if you have lots of fastcast, its not going to be swapping in your idle gear until way later. This presents a problem, if spellcast swaps in your idle gear, and you initiate another spell under 600ms of the idle gear swap, it will not swap in your precast gear because the gear swaps are too close together. I work around it by not using aftercast at all and putting midcast command wait so and so /sc set

Similar Threads

  1. Windower Script Macro Help
    By pancakesandsex in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2010-10-26, 19:45
  2. Windower scripts?
    By Suci in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2006-05-16, 14:33