Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    864
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

    Dumb Steam purchase question

    If this is in the wrong place feel free to move, I wasn't sure where to put it.

    I've never bought from Steam and this is a really lame time to do so according to the news, I kinda want another FFXI account for my friends to mess around on and it's on half price atm.

    What I want to know is if the game will auto-download, if it does, can I cancel that without messing my game up? Or can I just buy the game and not download it at all, then wait for the CD key (do they get sent via email?) Can't be bothered with a reinstall/messing up my current install. Steam support is worthless and suggested using my original disc to install via Steam as an alternative to re-downloading. Sup every update since 2008

  2. #2
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    You can access the serial key without installing the game. It won't mess up your registry this way. Just don't have Steam install it after purchase.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../steamffxi.jpg

  3. #3
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    864
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

    awesome, thanks! also wow at how fast the key turned up.

  4. #4
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Keria View Post
    awesome, thanks! also wow at how fast the key turned up.
    Transferring a few hundred bytes of data rarely takes long!

  5. #5
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    That and Steam typically has a licensed amount of keys to distribute on their end, so there's no waiting on the publishers to send them the key to deliver to you.