Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Help, urgent     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,594
    BG Level
    10

    Help, urgent

    Need suggestions for a 6 pack to just chill with tonight, getting tired of winter lagers.

  2. #2
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    blue moon

  3. #3
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

  4. #4
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,156
    BG Level
    6

    Blue Moon is always a good choice.

    However, recently I have discovered Mike's Hard Seasonal Apple Spice. 5.9% and tastes just like apple cider. You can drink that shit quick as hell, and not even know it has alcohol in it. Malt beverage is awesome

  5. #5
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,388
    BG Level
    10

    Blue Moon or Yeungling(sp?)

  6. #6
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,243
    BG Level
    6

    L2Hardalcohol

  7. #7
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    I 2nd, 5th, or 6th the blue moon.

  8. #8
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Presidente

  9. #9
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,739
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Presidente
    That's my shit right there.

  10. #10
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,594
    BG Level
    10

    had yuengling the other day

    blue moon has been acquired

    also you can tell you're an alcoholic when the guy running the counter recognizes you and gives you a free bottle of wine as a christmas gift

  11. #11
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    when this first came out I was given some for free, I had one shooter glass (what they were being served in) and then turned down any further

    yeah that's right

    it's so bad I turned down free beer -- my german friend didn't even finish his first

  12. #12
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,989
    BG Level
    8

    Fucking THIS times a thousand. ^


    Dos Equis Amber, Moosehead lager or Boddington's.

  13. #13
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,989
    BG Level
    8

    Howie you obviously have no taste in beer whatsoever if you don't like Hoegaarden.

  14. #14
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7

    http://thehungariangirl.com/wp-conte...zech-beer2.jpg

    It's the original Budweiser that doesn't taste like Budweiser, it's really fucking good and has an intersting backstory

  15. #15
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Howie you obviously have no taste in beer whatsoever if you don't like Hoegaarden.
    sorry, my favorite beer is from a microbrewery in southern Germany, my friend laughed at me when I asked if we could get in Canada -- he told me it's not even available in Berlin (northern Germany)

    the recipe is 500 years old, I don't mean to sound snobby but I have amazing taste in beer



    I'm not even kidding when I say that Hoegaarden tastes like weak lemonade with a hint of urine

  16. #16
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    gimme a good heffe weisse anyday

    Hoegaarden has turned me off all white beers in fear they will taste like that

  17. #17
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    sorry, my favorite beer is from a microbrewery in southern Germany, my friend laughed at me when I asked if we could get in Canada -- he told me it's not even available in Berlin (northern Germany)

    the recipe is 500 years old, I don't mean to sound snobby but I have amazing taste in beer



    I'm not even kidding when I say that Hoegaarden tastes like weak lemonade with a hint of urine
    I saw a documentary on that, the one made by the monks at that castle or w/e and they only sell a limited amount?

  18. #18
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Curtis View Post
    I saw a documentary on that, the one made by the monks at that castle or w/e and they only sell a limited amount?
    nah nothing exclusive as that

    to be fair many german beers brag of a 500 year old recipe, dating back to German Purity Laws, they standardized the shit way way back

    that's why German beer is so so good

    don't get me wrong, I love me a good Stella (although I find it to be a bit gassy at times but that's probably due to being on tap, which I loooove) but something about German beers, wheat beers especially, so so good



    a good alternative, available in North America is Paulaner:
    http://www.ciudadvirtual.cl/turankin...-weizen_bg.jpg

  19. #19
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    me and my german friend found this at a friggin SUSHI place near campus one year, a few months after we came back from germany

    I can't describe our shock and joy, we must have tipped the shit out of that waiter, we went there weekly for months after

  20. #20
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    sorry, my favorite beer is from a microbrewery in southern Germany, my friend laughed at me when I asked if we could get in Canada -- he told me it's not even available in Berlin (northern Germany)
    here:
    http://bregenz.silberball.com/websit...fc97344581.jpg
    in germany 24's are 20's and served in 500ml bottles

    I had 4 while waiting for my friend to pick me up for the bar/dinner and I ended up not eating dinner (my guess is the wheat content, I pretty much ate a loaf of bread haha -- not rly)

    http://beeradvocate.com/im/beers/21398.jpg

    hard to find a good pic, this last one is not the exact same but the color is quite similar:
    http://www.beerme.com/graphics/brewery/7/7459/5381.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast