Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (Smartphones)

Spoiler: show

The final announcement is a collaboration between Square Enix and Alim. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius is produced by Square Enix’s Kay Hirono, with Brave Frontier‘s Hisatoshi Hayakashi serving as the general director and Eiji Takahashi as the production producer.

The game will feature characters from previous Final Fantasy titles, as well as artwork by Yoshitaka Amano. It will be free-to-play with micro-transactions when it launches in Japan this winter.
    http://www.jp.square-enix.com/FFBE/

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

holy shit.... brave frontier x final fantasy?!?!? made by both of them?? so want...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Ugh just when I kicked my Brave Frontier addiction I get pulled back in..

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Trailer

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Even though it's going to fuck you because you actually like it and like playing it so you'll have to dump money on it...I'll definitely be playing it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn that looks dope

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Damn that shit is dope as fuck. I guess im gonna be playing brave frontier again.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Brave Frontier is a hell of a lot of fun, and Brave Exvius seems to build on top of it. Definitely looking forward to this one, but if you want a taste of what it's like, try out Brave Frontier to hold you over.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

That looked great, Quina doing Frog Drop lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Fucking sold. I saw characters from almost all final fantasys, including my favs cyan and terra.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

guess register button also works only on may 16?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A player from reddit posted his thoughts on the game, and based on it, the game just sounds like a worse Brave Frontier.:

This is of course just my opinion, but having played the Japanese version since release, I don't like it.

If you go in expecting something like FFRK, you're going to be disappointed. In FFBE, you draw for characters in the gacha - so if say, your favorite character is Celes, you better hope that you get lucky enough to draw her. The rates are pretty bad too, with the 5* rate being estimated at about 1% (they have not published the rates). In the beginning, this wasn't so bad, because you could evolve characters in rarity, but only in a limited fashion; some characters could only be evolved to 4* while others could be evolved to 5*, so god forbid if your favorite character was "only" a 4*. Power creep then took over the game very quickly; they introduced Lightning as a 5* only character, meaning people had to throw money at the gacha to get her, and simultaneously introduced 6* characters (just Lightning initially). The power differential was so ridiculous that the first event after Lightning's introduction basically required you to either own Lightning or use a friend's Lightning or you weren't going to be able to clear the final battles. FFBE has a lot of character-specific abilities, so you needed to rely on specific characters. Only a few characters have Full Break for instance, so if your fave character doesn't have it, they're just plain less useful.

The events were also badly designed, think playing the same map 100 times (this was literally what the New Year's event was) just to grind out tokens, or having to replay an EX++ difficulty level stage 20 times to get enough tokens to exchange for rewards. This was by no means fun, and as power creep progressed again, you had to rely on whale friends or become a whale yourself to get everything.
    Game balance is bad too, at first Drain was too powerful, then they nerfed it so now Drain is useless. Full Break was too powerful, so instead of toning it down they just randomly made certain bosses immune to it.

The game has some good points, the music is good, the graphics are neat (though as it turns out, very repetitive), and the story is fine. However, the mercenary nature of the gacha was just far worse than anything that FFRK has ever done, and again, the gacha is for characters. So if you go in to FFBE with the expectation that you'll be able to collect all of the characters, you had better be prepared to whale hardcore.

EDIT: oh yeah, I forgot the most egregious form of grind in that game which is the Trust Mastery rewards. Think of these sort of like Record Materia in that they provide useful passive abilities or equipment, but in order to get them you have to raise a character's Trust level to 100.0%. Every time you clear a stage with a character in your party, you have A CHANCE to gain 0.1% Trust with that character. Just a chance. So you literally have to play thousands of stages with a character to get their Trust Mastery reward. (The other way to raise Trust is to fuse duplicate characters together, so really the system is designed to encourage people to whale and gain multiple copies of characters.)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    A player from reddit posted his thoughts on the game, and based on it, the game just sounds like a worse Brave Frontier.:
    Sad to hear but hopefully they adjust it for us otherwise the game will die quickly since Brave Frontier already exist and the final fantasy name is only so strong (Didn't they learn this lesson already?).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Eh, don't have enough willpower / time to commit to 2 mobile games so I'll probably pass on this. That review kind of solidifies that decision for me since I already dislike mobile games due to gacha systems.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    the final fantasy name is only so strong (Didn't they learn this lesson already?).
    I'm betting FFRK has made them more money than the entire XIII saga, so probably not.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I'm betting FFRK has made them more money than the entire XIII saga, so probably not.
    XIII sold pretty well in JP so yeah.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    FFRK is a good game though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 422 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast