1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

FFXIV 4 Year Anniversary 14 Hour Broadcast (Sep.1 8PM PST)

From The Lodestone:

FINAL FANTASY XIV will celebrate its four-year anniversary on August 27, 2017, and in honor of this momentous occasion, we’ll be hosting a special 14-hour broadcast!
    Peruse the full schedule and guest line-up.
    Schedule:

Notably, the Live Letter (possibly dropping info for 4.1) is included in the program, at a reasonable hour for once (as long as you live on the US West coast).

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So 4.1 not until October...? That's quite a long stretch.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

This has been known that early October would be 4.1 because of their comments of Kugane housing not being released until early October and would be released with 4.1. We kinda just connected the dots there.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    This has been known that early October would be 4.1 because of their comments of Kugane housing not being released until early October and would be released with 4.1. We kinda just connected the dots there.
    That's rather disappointing because he had said they would not take as long to get 4.1 as 3.1

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair from July to October would make 3 months which I'm totes fine with (3 months of savage prior to odd patch).

Better than the November 10th release of 3.1 jesus christ that was awful.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wasn't that the one where the team decided to take a long vacation right after? No hotfixes or anything. Just shitty patch and dip out. Also I feel like I wasted 4 years of my life playing FFXIV when I don't regret none of the 13 years I played in FFXI.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah they took a vacation. People like to sneer and make fun but honestly, considering the standard Japanese work week, maybe they needed it. After all when your culture needs a word that means death from overwork - karoushi - you wanna nope out of that shit asap. It was disappointing to players regardless and endless Neverreap combined with the prospect of grinding beast tribes all day erryday made more than a handful quit the game for an extended period, myself included. I'm glad they're not making that mistake this time. (but you really never know)

I just hope they come out with some info about Shirogane, and hopefully place some restrictions on the number of houses one account can own. I'd be perfectly happy only having one house, and I won't lie that I'm kind of sweating thinking about how difficult it's going to be to get a house, especially the plot I want, even on my relatively empty server. It's gonna be a fucking bloodbath.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Watching the noclip documentary made me wonder how bad the crunch time was between 1.23b and 2.0

I got the money for a mansion. Hoping transferring an FC house isn't bad because I just started my own 1 man FC. I can get a mansion ezpz (I know FCs that are planning to move) but I'd love to snag a Shirogane spot.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Watching the noclip documentary made me wonder how bad the crunch time was between 1.23b and 2.0
    Was going to mention this documentary. From the sounds of it they worked their asses off not only putting out 1.x patches, rebuilding FFXIV into 2.0 but when 2.0 launched they also simultaneously worked on 2.x patches and the HW expansion which let us remember included 3 (welp, 4 really) new jobs as well as a new race. So yeah, they kind of earned a vacation lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rising event is a real treat.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It is! It's so good, I was nostalgia tripping and loling all at once.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol the twitch stream crashed

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Youtube stream working fine, but can't find no simulcast translation. That being said, all the slider points have English so it's not the worst thing. Seems like a lot of QoL changes so far. Have they covered anything battle related?

Edit: Summoner can't get new Egis but Bard can get new instruments to "perform" with lol

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Moar Bahamba

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Edit: Summoner can't get new Egis but Bard can get new instruments to "perform" with lol
    Does the BRD harp animate at all? A new instrument will largely be a static object, you just animate a few arm movements.

A new egi is a new model, that needs a variety of animations for all the SMN/Egi abilities that need them, auto attacks, and possibly new effects for all attacks if they want to properly elementally theme them.
    A completely new egi is a bigger hit on the asset pipeline than a bard instrument.
    Just being a palette swap is probably a big factor in why ruby carbuncle is even available.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I meant moreso that in contrast to Smn's not getting new Egis, they're actually creating a system for Bards in which they can freely and openly play and create music in-game with their instruments with notes hot-key'able. And they plan on adding new instruments in future patches to it.

It was mostly in jest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can finally put the 3500 venture seals I have away from a retainer

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Honestly pretty excited for the upcoming patches. Even if I'm not doing it myself, I can't wait to watch the race to world 1st Ultimate Bahamut. It's about time we got a new delivery client, and I can't wait for 24-man Delita&Ramza Rabanastre shenanigans. Curious about the expanded Canals and the new pvp map (now with mechs, aka get in the damn robot Shinji) as well.

And yet with all this new content it seems like what everyone is most excited about is beastman currency and ventures moving to currency tab lmao

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I can't wait to watch the race to housing
    Ftfy

#true endgame

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Unfortunately, I won't just be watching that one.