Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Coyote vs Acme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,613
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Coyote vs Acme

    Finally comes out this week, and didn't see a thread for it. Currently at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes with 118 reviews.

    Seeing it Friday, and excited for the positive reviews. Kind of a sign for me as well, as growing up, my dad and I would watch Warner Bros. and Hanna Barbara cartoons together, and anniversary of his passing is Saturday.


  2. #2
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I smiled. maybe out of pure nostalgia but I hope this does well anyway.

  3. #3
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,017
    BG Level
    7

    I clicked the trailer without knowing wtf to expect and thought it was just a modern version of the standard cartoon. I am now 100% here for this after watching it.

  4. #4
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,047
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Just saw it.
    I think it's ok, though I don't like the 3D animation. (At least it's not herky-jerky like Spider-Man/Kpop Demon Hunters).

    It feels like the film could have really had a pointed contemporary message, but pulled the punch.

  5. #5
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,047
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Also, they did a thing this morning.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...g_on_acme_ama/

    I don't think an AMA has killed it that hard in a while. Ketchup knows TF they are doing.

  6. #6
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,613
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/s/qBdvPRp3vu

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Fam enjoyed it. It was entertaining for sure.

  8. #8
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,751
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Saw it today. Worth the price of admission. Was a ton of looney tunes member berries

  9. #9
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,751
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Also, they did a thing this morning.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...g_on_acme_ama/

    I don't think an AMA has killed it that hard in a while. Ketchup knows TF they are doing.
    Some of these are excellent. Glad I waited til after the film to read this

  10. #10
    Pseudo-Elitist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,502
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    It feels like the film could have really had a pointed contemporary message, but pulled the punch.
    How so? Seemed like they hit a few points - exploitation of workers and consumers, leveraging political influence, silencing whistleblowers. Even Congress inaction with CEO confessing bragging in their faces.