+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Final Fantasy Record Keeper - Magicite Dungeons - Summon Crusader! Annihilated

Today, FFRK has launched Magicite dungeons. Since there will be a lot of discussion, I thought it would be prudent to filter all discussion here. And here's a few links (will be growing) about Magicites and the fights.

Boss info - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ns_megathread/

General Primer about Magicites - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...n_preparation/

And a quick FAQ that will grow.

Q: How do I beat <x> boss?
    A: This is going to be very relic dependent. Not everyone will be able to clear one if any reliably if you have gaps in your elemental soul breaks. You do not need BSBs to prevail (though they do help.) En-Element and Imperil are a plus. Celes' Runic/Indom Blade SSB/BSB2 do absorb spells from select magicites (Can confirm Bismarck & Sealion) helping with overall damage mitigation while charging your spellblade hones. Some magicites are better with a mage team (Golem and lesser extent Fenrir)

Q: How do I get keystones?
    A: Each day, you can redeem a keystone from the Magicite Dungeon screen. You will also get 1 for clearing your first fight. You can have a maximum of 15 keystones at a time. You won't be pressured to do more magicite fights since you can bank so many.
    And starting on Aug 27th, a pair of weekly missions will pop up which will award a keystone after 3 and 6 clears.

Q: How do you level up Magicites?
    A: Two ways.
    1 - You can use arcana to level them up similar to upgrade mats for weapons/armor.
    2 - Equip them on your party (Main or sub) Then play the game as normal and they will gain XP like party members

Q: How do you level break Magicites?
    A: Hit the level cap of an arcana, then like weapons/armor, combine them to break the cap. May be more to this but I will update as more answers come out.

Q: How do passive abilities stack? (WIP)
    I'll let this post from the main thread get this discussion rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Found this on Reddit

You will get the full buff of your highest elemental bonus in the category.
    You will get half the buff of the second highest bonus in the category.
    You will get a quarter of the buff of the third highest bonus in the category.
    You will get an eight's of the buff of the fourth highest bonus in the category.
    You will get a sixteenth of the buff of the fifth highest bonus in the category.

Seems like this is how it stacks

Main : Lv6
    Sub1 : Lv10
    Sub2 : Lv3
    Sub3 : Lv1
    Sub4 : Lv5
    We sort them : 10 , 6 , 5 , 3 , 1
    Then we use the formula :
    PSVdmg = ceil[10 + 6/2 + 5/4 + 3/8 + 1/16]
    PSVdmg = ceil[14.6875]
    PSVdmg = 15%
    So every fire abilities will have it's damage increase by 15%, these damage multiply everything and factor at the end.
    Dampen effects are multiplicative. Here's some math courtesy of FFRK Reddit.
    So say you have 3 level 6 Dampen element. This will give you a level 11 dampen overall (6 + 6/2 + 6/4 rounded up.) The damage multiplier is 89% for that element.
    With a Major Resist accessory, base damage multiplier is 40%. The overall resistance will be calculated as 0.89 x 0.40 = 36% damage taken from that element.

These fights are no joke. Getting a clear is probably the first priority, then level up a magicite for the buffs, then slowly progress for speed. We won't be getting 30s clears unless you're a whale or you have Cloud USB to destroy Golem on Day 1.

Good luck to everyone.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

So downed Fenrir a 2nd time. Nabbed an Enkidu Magicite. I'll probably farm Fenrir until I can get enough copies of Enkidu to triple break. At least I can feed him all the leftover 1* magicite for XP.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I still haven't been able to beat one of these. Have Clouds USB but Golem is a beast.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Finally, managed to take down Ice. Didn't get mastery, lost 1 for actions and 2 for damage, but it's a start.

Copied a Reddit setup. BSB's all around, used Vivi's OSB once to finish him off.

champion'd both Fenrir (1:02) and Bismark (48s).

Got both Enkidu and Enki 1/1.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Cool when there is a keystone to collect you get a little pop up on the Nightmare + magicite icon on the home screen

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    I still haven't been able to beat one of these. Have Clouds USB but Golem is a beast.
    Cloud USB is probably the best phys SB for this fight but wind magic is just so much better. His stoneskin only works against physical attacks. Alph, Emperor or Strago bursts are really good for it, if you have them.

Also, a well honed raging storm is amazing for Golem. I put it on OK with +40% wind damage and it was hitting for ~9.5K per hit without any +ninja damage RM.

BG Level

Thank you for that advice for Golem. Magic team Ho! Fujin, Emperor, Garnet + Red XIII, time for them to shine. Sorry Ramza, you get a back seat on this one.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm 3/6 so far, with no sub 30s.

I'm enjoying this.

Haven't been able to take any so far x.x doubling up on healing BSB, but I only have 2 lol, so it's Eiko + Lenna for everything. I will try OK+Emperor+Alph later to see if I can get that team to work against Golem. It should be decent with OK+Eiko with Mana Paeon for mage buff, but my previous attempt with Fujin(BSB)+Alph(BSB)+Tyro(spam BSB)+OK(BSB)+Eiko(BSB) didn't work.

I have no Ultra's only chain I have is Zach. Tried a melee team on golem and got to about 50% but that shield he puts up was killer.

BG Level

Golem in a nutshell

STUN
    STUN
    STUN

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Haven't been able to take any so far x.x doubling up on healing BSB, but I only have 2 lol, so it's Eiko + Lenna for everything. I will try OK+Emperor+Alph later to see if I can get that team to work against Golem. It should be decent with OK+Eiko with Mana Paeon for mage buff, but my previous attempt with Fujin(BSB)+Alph(BSB)+Tyro(spam BSB)+OK(BSB)+Eiko(BSB) didn't work.

I have no Ultra's only chain I have is Zach. Tried a melee team on golem and got to about 50% but that shield he puts up was killer.
    Oh meant to mention my Tyro is full dive, so extra timing on the RW is why I threw him in and tried to make it work.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This was the setup that I used for a sub 60s Golem:

Spoiler: show

SBs:
    Alph - BSB
    Emperor - radiant shield SSB and BSB
    OK - BSB
    Ramza - USB
    Relm - BSB

I also used a Lvl 50 Enkidu for my magicite. I only used it once near the end of the fight.

I was stacking as many mag buffs as possible for this build. Emperor was the target of Ramza's first entrust to be able to get Emperor's SSB and BSB up as fast as possible. Ramza then just kept his USB up and entrusted Alph after that. I didn't use MM until Emp had enough gauge to use his SSB to avoid the doom timer from killing him. He did take a dirt nap around 30% hp left though. For the most part I just relied on burst commands for most of the damage and Tiamat and meltdown to generate SB gauge. I was able to get Alph's CMD 1 up to 6k per hit and Emp up to 5k per hit

I feel like a few extra hones would help drop at least 10s of the clear time. Having an extra hone on Tiamat and a R4 raging storm would help speed things up. I did just R3 meltdown with the orbs from Golem too. I might also switch out Ramza for Edward since I have his +mag/mnd and quickcast 3 SSB.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Farming fire atm, the 1* magicites just hit 50 from normal usage. Have 2x living flame and salamander. Entry on living flame is getting pretty strong. Up to ~5k x4 in the highest dailies, and it's only lvl 50. Also getting fire dmg +9% and resist +5-6%. Should make ice really easy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Am I correct in understanding that Arcana serves no other purpose but giving EXP to your Magicite?
    Breaking their level caps requires a second copy of said magicite?
    ...or am I wrong?

BG Level

That is correct. Arcana = magicite xp growth eggs. Breaking cap is like weapons/armor. Max out level, use a 2nd copy to break cap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New weekly missions being released tomorrow: Clear 3 magicite dungeons, Clear 6 magicite dungeons. Each rewards a keystone.

BG Level

Cleared Sealion. I had a gap in fire soul breaks, but runic does indeed work for the fight. So Celes went to work with Indom blade and R3 Blazing Twinstrike. She also avoids the imperil ice so she is one less target to heal. 49 second clear. I was also worried I was going to need a 2nd Blazing Twinstrike, but Bartz has 5* sharpshooter. The R1 Ruby Spark did the trick to push a bit more damage.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Which begs the question why Noctis doesn't have it?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

As frustrating as these magicite bosses can be, I have to say I'm really liking it. I do wish the super fest pulls came with the release though because I'm definitely hurting in some areas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast