WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Let the F5ing begin!

Patch notes are up. Pretty early for once. :3

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yay at +2 armor sets that we have been waiting forever for. Hope the PET bonuses are nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Yay at +2 armor sets that we have been waiting forever for. Hope the PET bonuses are nice.
    Probably just slightly higher than already on there. Granted they already have a ton of acc/racc/macc but hey taliah become BiS dt woot

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Probably just slightly higher than already on there. Granted they already have a ton of acc/racc/macc but hey taliah become BiS dt woot
    There are still a few minutes of hope that the set bonuses will actually be good for pets. ^^;; I can totally see master regen or DT- on Tali'ah.... ><;;

..... 966 files to download? Seems high for what little we are getting this month...

... And nevermind... set bonuses suck all around. ><

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Those set bonuses are terrible.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

pet set bonuses for jobs that aren't smn? hahahahahaha

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whole lotta meh.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well at least the last trust is out. Took em long enough to release it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Well at least the last trust is out. Took em long enough to release it.
    Better than releasing too soon

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Spectral Chair mount?! At last, I can amuse myself by poking ppl out of nowhere and running away speedily. >:3 (For those who don't know, you don't lose Invisible status when mounting, so others only see the mount.. Invisible chair = You see nothing! XD Another odd thing w/ Invisible is that if you AOE it using SCH or /SCH on Trusts, they get it too but it doesn't wear off when they enter combat.) BTW, laziest mount ever. lol

Ambuscade RoEs:
    V1 = Qutrub, V2 = Undead
    .... >_>;; I think this is the first time we have not had actual "beastmen" in V1.

Tokens/vouchers were finally swapped. It's been a while.

Fiber has identical sources/limits as metal. Extra entries for fiber were added in for total hm at the same points as metals, so we now get one of each at those marks. Costs were not changed for metals, so the farming burden was basically doubled. -_-

LOL@ Cinna-cookie for 5hm (max 99). Betting this is the link to the Halloween event. XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

^1 month last year was demons (soulflayer + imps).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    ^1 month last year was demons (soulflayer + imps).
    I think that soulflayers kinda/sorta count since they are former blue mages. XD

----------------------------------------
    Ambuscade V1 Easy Notes
    * Party comp: BLU/war, BLU/rdm, PUP/dnc w/ tank puppet, Shantotto II, Koru-Moru, Yoran-Oran

* 1x boss NM at start: Bozzetto Bigwig
    ** Takes 10x physical damage from all sources. 2x magic damage. Every melee swing ended in 0, WS were easily hitting 99999 + 99999 Lights.
    ** Has obscene HP. Those WS/SC were being spammed and it still took a while for bar to move... Estimate ~10-15mil.
    ** Saw a few unique moves in addition to standard Qutrub moves.. Boss used "Turn the Tables" (drained the puppet for 2375hp) and BLM add used "Triple Reversal".
    ** Popped 2x adds @ 80% HP. Popped a second set of 2x @ 30%, first set was downed before it reached this point.
    ** While adds were up, we started taking more damage.. Mostly in the 200-300 range. Once both adds were down, went back down to ~25.
    ** Used Perfect Dodge at 50% HP.
    * 1st round of testing, killed the adds when they popped. Each death gave a unique chat message noted below.
    ** Move set and AI changed @ 30% when 2nd set of adds popped. BLM's "Triple Reversal" drained a tank puppet for 33333hp. Boss turned into a NIN and started spamming Utsusemi:San in addition to TP moves. Possibly related to downing the 1st set of adds before it happened. Unknown if 2nd set will spawn if first set not downed.

Both add types took lower damage than the boss.
    * Add #1) Bozzetto Astrologer - Seemed to be BLM, definitely saw elemental -gas, T4 single target nukes, Ice Spikes, and Sleepga II. Roughly 2x damage taken.
    ** Death message: The boss's phantom blade no longer looks as uncanny!
    * Add #2) Bozetto Tormenter - DRK, used Blood Weapon when it was held for a while. Seemed to be just spamming standard Qutrub TP moves as far as we could tell. Seemed to melee a bit harder than the others, but nothing noteworthy that we noticed. Roughly 1x damage taken. Didn't notice any major differences.
    ** Death message: The boss's phantom blood begins to flicker.
    Death messages were swapped in a different run. "Blood" message appeared to remove the damage buff from the boss, got the msg after the first add downed. "Blade" message removes the Added Effect: Death that just killed me. >_>

Overall, tank/spank w/o any issues. For now, I'd suggest killing adds as soon as they pop, at least until we figure out what the messages do.

I afk'd while disengaged for 3min with the boss on me and came back not-dead while in my refresh gear. >_> Was trying to death warp....
    Will add more as I find it.

Gave V1 Normal a shot:
    * Adds popped at 79-80%. 3x this time, 2x Tormenters + 1x Astrologer
    ** Boss got a 20x+ damage dealt buff when adds popped. Melee swings went from ~25dmg > ~550dmg.
    ** Died too fast to do anything else I was going to try. XD
    From the logs I've got:
    ** Light, Distortion, Gravitation, Darkness(!) SCs all hit for 99999.
    ** Have seen boss use: Mangle, Animating Wail, Fortifying Wail, Leaping Cleave, Spinal Cleave, Hex Palm, Unblest Jambiya, Gen'ei Ryodan. Plus unique move "Turn the Tables" which seems to be a single target drain that hits HARD. Second unique move spotted! "Phantom Whorl" used ~30%, possible hate reset. Hit PUP for 27k, likely AOE.

All mobs are immune to sleep (immune msg from both Sheep Song and Dream Flower), Distract, Gravity.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Spectral chair mount? So is that a dvergr chair we sit in maybe? Only thing I can think of.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Costs were not changed for metals, so the farming burden was basically doubled. -_-
    After all the effort they took to make so people would grind less every month... what's even the purpose of their actions?
    I mean...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    After all the effort they took to make so people would grind less every month... what's even the purpose of their actions?
    I mean...
    They probably figure that most ppl have already ground out at least 1-2 full sets of +2s already and demand should be lower

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good update for DRG. There is now no likely hope of Valorous feet augments ever beating Flamma Gambieras +2 for TP >:D

Rest of the Flamma +2 has solid upgrades for their previous purposes. Stat bonuses are a good boost too.

EDIT: Also archived the old information, and set up the Ambuscade template for this month. Anyone can add info now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tried V1VE. Only got drk add and only once. With no death message

Turn the tables still did a good 1700 to my auto. Phantom whorl did like 17k to my trusts and 700-3k to my autos. Didn't seem AoE or if was was short ranged. You can also out of range it.

Note adds pop with aggro on whoever not necessarily the tank...

utsesmi san adds like 9 shadows <.<.

Something is odd about the Bigwig. Literally didn't hit my autos once before the add appeared then it started hitting them albeit low acc. Then goes back to missing. Not sure if related but the low dmg Whorl was to the auto that hadn't gotten hit with melee hit at all.

Also used Gen'ei Ryodan a few times while add was out for basically no dmg but was AoE.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

V2 VD starts out with a Lancer jack that a taru in all the Halloween gear that takes severely reduced dmg an doesn't appear to take extra from blunt. After awhile spawns 2 spooky skeletons that die real easy. It didn't do too much dmg though used standard polearm low level ws. Leg sweep stun lasts forever. When trust used tomahawk dmg about doubled BUT was still rather shitty. After awhile later spawned 3 spooky hounds and those did do a bit of dmg.

At 50% used trick or treat. Single target terror

At around 30% summoned 3 ghosts that also died fast.

All in all took my 3 bsts like 13 minutes to kill <.<.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    V2 VD starts out with a Lancer jack that a taru in all the Halloween gear that takes severely reduced dmg an doesn't appear to take extra from blunt. After awhile spawns 2 spooky skeletons that die real easy. It didn't do too much dmg though used standard polearm low level ws. Leg sweep stun lasts forever. When trust used tomahawk dmg about doubled BUT was still rather shitty. After awhile later spawned 3 spooky hounds and those did do a bit of dmg.

At 50% used trick or treat. Single target terror

At around 30% summoned 3 ghosts that also died fast.

All in all took my 3 bsts like 13 minutes to kill <.<.
    Having holiday themed fights sounds fun for V2 now :D

EDIT: Updated the new +2 sets on the ambuscade rewards page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast