FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

New or Returning Players Discussion 3: FFXI Single Player Edition

If thread title sucks drop some other suggestions.

Carry on.

Spicy Edit: Sorry to intrude, but I wanted to edit the OP for new/returning players:

Please read the Quickstart 1-119 Guide if you are new/returning.
    Check out the Guides section in general. The Returning to Vana'diel guide is also good for some info on how the game has changed.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

For the comment in the last thread about farming materials for coalitions, summon Nanaa Mihgo trust. Probably won't help speed things up a ton, but for some of those she was definitely a help with despoiling what I was after.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone aware of what Sisyphus is like on other servers? Every time I go by him on Asura hes being camped like fafhog back in the day. Thinking of switching servers just to do Apademak then switching back.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Anyone aware of what Sisyphus is like on other servers? Every time I go by him on Asura hes being camped like fafhog back in the day. Thinking of switching servers just to do Apademak then switching back.
    That's why I have enjoyed my time on Odin. Stuff like that you can do easily. I kind of lost my want to login though so today is my last day. Not deleting character or anything, just don't have the passion to go after the higher end gear.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Willing to bet any lower pop server will have him be up and running around. I'd check out database tab on xiah to see, along with fragment being sold on ah. If its being sold by same person, its probably being camped.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It seems to really go in waves. It'll be camped heavily as someone is doing that stage and then go unclaimed except people passing by for awhile

Any time I got the urge to poke at him during free campaigns I usually found one or two people there. None I could ever successfully convince to team up and chest farm in between pops. :/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So I'm confused. 99thf/49dnc. Bought Wrathwing Nails as a holdover. Can't equip. Item is in inventory. What gives?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Game trying to stop you from being terrible

Relic Shield
    BG Level

On Shiva Syphilis seems to only be busy when ever i want to work on him..Ill check often and nobody there for days but the moment i head there 2 people to compete with show up and that is just not worth it to me to fuck around with that at that point lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Game trying to stop you from being terrible
    I was so terrible I had to cancel my sub. It happened with some other equipment too which is very weird. Like, no special requirements for it, it's in my main inventory, and 110% I'm of level and job.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Never happened to me. Do you got wardrobe 3/4?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Never happened to me. Do you got wardrobe 3/4?
    No. Just whatever came with a standard sub. I won't be subbing again for probably a little while. Yakuza 0 is coming today and DOOM is a fricking blast. Plus I just bought the newest Humble Bundle, all DLC for FO4, and Dark Souls 3.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe I should rephrase did you at one point have it and now no longer? Also is it bazaared? If not those I'd call a gm or just play your other 10 games lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Maybe I should rephrase did you at one point have it and now no longer? Also is it bazaared? If not those I'd call a gm or just play your other 10 games lol
    Neither on both. I bought a few items off AH and when trying to equip they weren't listed in the slot, but when opening inventory they were there. I'll probably fart around with XI occasionally but the powerful itch has been quelled for now.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Neither on both. I bought a few items off AH and when trying to equip they weren't listed in the slot, but when opening inventory they were there. I'll probably fart around with XI occasionally but the powerful itch has been quelled for now.
    Kinda similar to what was being said before, this sounds like your equipment (ctrl+e) defaults to showing a specific Mog Wardrobe. I had this too where i couldn't find a necklace to equip even though its in inventory. Apparently at the top of the list when selecting neck equipment, is a button to change what "inventory bucket" that slot is looking at to equip from. So when you press ctrl+e, then select shoes, it will show the shoes available in "Wardrobe 1". When you select "Wardrobe 1", you're allowed to change to "Inventory" or "Wardrobe 2", but it doesn't actively show all of these at the same time. Your shoes should be shown under "Inventory".

Edit: One of my friends also bought a dagger he thought his thief could use. Couldn't equip it at all. Come to find out theres a "superior level" requirement on some gear that has something to do with job points /shrug. Pretty sure the dagger wasn't highlighted yellow on the AH for him.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I noticed the SU2 and what not. Next time I fire up the game I'll look into what you said though. Even though Odin has been good I may transfer. It seems like Dasva is pretty active but I can't be Kalmado on Shiva. I mean, what identity do I have if I can't have my BG name?! I never linked up with Cail because I have so much pre-req shit to do and as I've said (possibly in other threads and not here) I'm usually watching a game or something while "playing XI".

I'd think it would be awesome to have 4-10 good BG peeps on a deserted server and just wreck whatever we want. Only downfall would be possible lack of items for crafting or maybe other things?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    oh I thought you meant it was jus not letting you equip not that you couldn't see it. You aren't in the right inventory

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Kinda similar to what was being said before, this sounds like your equipment (ctrl+e) defaults to showing a specific Mog Wardrobe. .
    As far as I can tell if the slot is empty when you open it defaults to invent. If slot is filled it stays in the same that the equipment in that slot is in until you change it or unequip. This makes organizing wardrobes by jobs and such pretty useful

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If you want a really low population server, go to Quetzalcoatl. Poor Sisyphus is usually up and walking around all sad that no one wants to play with him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    If you want a really low population server, go to Quetzalcoatl. Poor Sisyphus is usually up and walking around all sad that no one wants to play with him.
    Valefor is pretty quiet too... there's really no one i remember around anymore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag