BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ask the Final Fantasy XI development team your questions on Reddit

Hey all, Square Enix has agreed to take questions from the FFXI subreddit. It's a tad different from the live AMA last time, we'll be sending over questions in bulk around next week. So the deadline is May 29th.

You can leave your questions in this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...ent_team_your/

[UPDATE] Answers have arrived!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen..._team_answers/

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Preview of the result:

We have no plans to do X.
    We have no plans to do Y.
    We can't do Z because of convoluted and illogical reasons we just made up, not because the staff is a skeleton crew.

Old Merits
    BG Level

They didn't answer anything....

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Didn't they do that the last time? Answer basically nothing because anything anyone asks about the game now is information they can't give?

No roadmap is typically a telling thing but I'm seeing it as a positive with where things are right now. Means change is likely!

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    They didn't answer anything....
    They almost never answer anything of real value. Only the fanboys get excited with these shitty Q&A sessions. Best lesson to learn is to not even waste your time talking to them as it is just a fan service. Hence why you won't see me bother as it is just insulting to watch all the real questions they ignore or dismiss (not give a real answer to) in one way or another. As well as the Dev team continuing their trend of historical ignorance to the game and its balance.

Fuck forbid SCH is more desired for Haste 1 as that might break a game that almost never uses SCH for anything anymore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

They used Reddits terrible vote system to determine what questions to answer. So basically nothing actually upvoted and wanted got answered, just the skewed/fuzzed results from Reddits terrible vote system did.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You'd think after like 17 years they'd be a bit more open about XI. I mean, even the XIV dev team is super chill and transparent -- tooltips literally tell you what the spell or ability does without stupid guesswork. The fact that they acknowledge there are assloads of mechanics hidden in FFXI that we STILL don't know about is infuriating. For example, we still don't know what Pandemonium Warden's mechanics are, as he is still unbeaten at 75 with 18 people. We never figured out to lock or prevent his Lanterns from turning into 20 Avatars and spamming Astral Flows (probably some kind of pivotal mechanic/hard enrage that nobody ever figured out)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    They used Reddits terrible vote system to determine what questions to answer. So basically nothing actually upvoted and wanted got answered, just the skewed/fuzzed results from Reddits terrible vote system did.
    Because those on Reddit are generally either fanboys or revolving door players who rather talk about which NPC/storyline is their favorite, repetitively ask a really basic question that shows they don't care to use Google, spread misinformation through what is a community of ignorance for the overall XI subreddit, or just whine about stuff like "I HATE MOUNT MUSIC". Which unsurprisingly was a question they wasted everyone's time with because of course they would all rate that up.

It is a place where posting a picture of fighting Leaping Lizzy would get infinitely more rate ups for the Devs than asking a question about something practical.

The fact that the Devs seem to only do these Q & As on Reddit now with what amounts to a group of gamers giving each other a reach-around is a disappointment to say the least. I mean who was the moron that asked for a road map? In what world did they think that was either useful or important? They might as well have done this on Zam instead of Reddit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Should've tried getting BG to brigade a question or three.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Should've tried getting BG to brigade a question or three.
    Funk asked a question (don't remember what it was), I am banned, and the others don't really use Reddit outside of Chia doing the update thread for me there each month after that. Pretty sure Rag and Sonoma don't have much interest in asking XI questions either.

Otherwise if it was here instead perhaps they would, but remember BG was shafted back when SE was naming all those Premier sites like Zam, Killing Ifrit, and Clopedia so SE will never pop in here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That unity shirt question was mine, but I was hoping for a little bit more detail. Oh well.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Funk asked a question (don't remember what it was), I am banned, and the others don't really use Reddit outside of Chia doing the update thread for me there each month after that. Pretty sure Rag and Sonoma don't have much interest in asking XI questions either.

Otherwise if it was here instead perhaps they would, but remember BG was shafted back when SE was naming all those Premier sites like Zam, Killing Ifrit, and Clopedia so SE will never pop in here.
    All sites that housed the shittiest players known to man, especially Zam. Back then BG practically controlled the Bahamut server.. so don't know what SE's deal was. Oh well.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Preview of the result:

We have no plans to do X.
    We have no plans to do Y.
    We can't do Z because of convoluted and illogical reasons we just made up, not because the staff is a skeleton crew.
    Accurate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Accession > Haste/Flurry question was mine. Stupid answer. "We decided not to do that, because it'd make SCH even more popular."...

A few years ago I would've disagreed about SCH AoEing Haste, but now that Haste II is a thing, idgaf.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It doesn't make sense at all, both BLU and SMN can do it with Haste II.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It doesn't make sense at all, both BLU and SMN can do it with Haste II.
    They don't give a damn. They never have, and never will.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Reddit: FFXI MOBILE WHEN???

SE: We are working hard to--

Reddit: FFXI MOBILE WHEN???????????

SE: At our current status, we will--

Reddit: FFXI MOBILE WHENNNNNNN?????????????????????????????

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

SE should just come out and say next person who asks for it and we pull the plug on the current live servers and you get to sit in the dark until mobile release in Winter 2017, along side with Oldschool Runescape Mobile.