Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm actually kinda stoked to see what MNK is getting this month.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

shit on, monk is gettin shit on!

Haha I dunno, but i also am hopeful.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

sign me up for mnk buffs, been playing the job a lot lately. increasing accuracy cap to 99% is like a 50% increase in likelihood of impetus making it to 50 hits without missing so pretty crucial.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i cant remember but what was monks acc cap before this update? what were other jobs?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

95% like 2 handers, 99 is 1 handers

Relic Shield
    BG Level

notes up

Relic Shield
    BG Level

the best part is when they somehow fuck up and we start doing 1 million dmg WSes

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wow even BST got thrown a bone on this Damage Limit Job Trait?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If this is part of their shit on BLU thing leaving them off gear, it's pretty sad. How does RDM, a traditionally support job, get that buff and not BLU? Hopefully it is set via traits from spells and they didn't mention. Otherwise, how can they think BLU is overpowered when jobs like DRK and WAR eclipse them in dmg now.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    If this is part of their shit on BLU thing leaving them off gear, it's pretty sad. How does RDM, a traditionally support job, get that buff and not BLU? Hopefully it is set via traits from spells and they didn't mention. Otherwise, how can they think BLU is overpowered when jobs like DRK and WAR eclipse them in dmg now.
    Oh come on Draylo. Even you have to admit a well geared BLU is a fucking beast of a job. BLU is a way better job at surviving then WAR or DRK is. You don't need to output damage that much higher when you'll be the job that will die way less then the others. Even with my BST having an amazingly solid DD sets can't hold a candle to the damage your BLU can.

Edit: and by DD sets I mean my own damage with axes instead of just going all pet damage.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

blu didn't get damage limit on jse neck though, so not terribly surprising.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Do we even know what it does yet? Been on JSE necks for a while now and there's 0 info on it.

There's a ton of info on it. It literally does what it says. If you cap attack, you do more damage, beyond the normal cap.

Being that damage is dynamic and not static (ie 9999) most won't even notice a difference. it just looks like a higher random roll.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Oh come on Draylo. Even you have to admit a well geared BLU is a fucking beast of a job. BLU is a way better job at surviving then WAR or DRK is. You don't need to output damage that much higher when you'll be the job that will die way less then the others. Even with my BST having an amazingly solid DD sets can't hold a candle to the damage your BLU can.

Edit: and by DD sets I mean my own damage with axes instead of just going all pet damage.
    No it is not, not anymore than any well geared job in final fucking fantasy is.

Beyond any bias, it has been a piss-poor job on SE's part to have a clue as to what actual balance is, but thankfully it is to be expected that they fuck up. So who can complain at their incompetence, amrite?
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post

They are ninja nerfing the job with each and every update it seems. DRK and WAR have survivabilty as well, that isn't even a thing with them now. With all the gear improvements and Drain III etc, they are fine on surviving.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They are ninja nerfing the job with each and every update it seems. DRK and WAR have survivabilty as well, that isn't even a thing with them now. With all the gear improvements and Drain III etc, they are fine on surviving.
    But what is an FFXI thread without vast amounts of naiveté!?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Each and every update? they haven't added squat to any jobs in many months, last one was probably JSE neck augments which is one of the better things they've given blu in some time. This is just smite all over again. And since it's subjob tier on war you get the same as RDM. Super nerfed blu.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you take a look at the gear BLU has been given since the release of Omen and compare it to what other DD jobs have gotten, it's pretty clear that it's been subject to a nerf of sorts. The JSE neck isn't a great counterexample, given what other jobs got.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's a point where you have to realize tho Draylo that you're not a DRK or a WAR. You don't have to be the top DD job in FFXI. Not everyone enjoys BLU like you do and that's fine. I know not everyone likes BST like I do and even after the range nerfbat, I was able to adjust my playstyle around it even tho so many people rage quit over it. You already have an amazingly strong job sir so maybe you should let some other jobs get a chance to get back into place a little better. Monk has been a joke to most people for years now since the devs don't even know what to do with it anymore. They can't compete with WAR DRK DRG and BLU so much that people just threw it away.

Everyone wants their favorite job to be #1 and sadly that's never going to happen. This game's balance is a mess and while i think it's in a better place then it used to be, I doubt it'll ever be fully tweaked out where everyone is happy.

Let some of the lower tier jobs have a chance to maybe shine & even so if you're beating out those jobs in a parse then you can brag about it some more.

If you're really pissed about them giving other jobs a boost instead of BLU maybe it's because people have complained about how BLU can just wreck most content without any effort while other jobs struggle to even keep up. My own feelings aside, I always hated the idea of nerfing anything as I see it as a step backwards in any sort of content.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast