BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Pokémon Sword - Pokémon Shield (Isle of Armor, June 17, 2020) [NSW]

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be set in Galar, an expansive region with many environments—idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forests, and craggy, snow-covered mountains. The people and Pokémon live together in this region, and they’ve worked together to develop the industries here.

You’ll visit the various Gyms in the Galar region, aiming for the enviable and admirable title of Champion!

Starters:

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If seven minutes is too long:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So we should go ahead and assume late November/early December here for release.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Probs.

I don't much care for the base starters. Need to see evolutions. I mean day 1 either way cuz obviously.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its on the switch so I might buy it but IDK, I bought the Alolan one and never even left the first Island i got bored of it that quickly.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Please just be a full fledged game with endgame content and continue to flesh it out. This is amid Nintendo talking about DLC and title longevity so I'm hopeful this can be way, way better than the handhelds. Am definitely bored of those but this is a day one "holy shit they're doing it after all these years!" type of thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm fire starter right now, but may lean toward water after seeing evolutions.

I'm hoping TPC sees this transition to Switch through the glasses they had on during the DPP -> BW transition. Not necessarily a time to innovate or change things around, but do whats expected really fricking well by utilizing the Switch's upgrades over the 3DS entries to improve old ideas instead of trying new ones.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think theres been like 1 generation I didn't go Grass starter, so I'll probably grass it this one too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

During a Pokémon Direct presentation today, Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokémon Company, announced Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, the newest additions to the main series of Pokémon role-playing video games. Developed by Game Freak, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be launching late 2019 exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system.

The Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games take place in the Galar region. Galar is an expansive region with diverse environments— an idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forest, and craggy, snow-covered mountains. The people and the Pokémon who live there work together closely to develop the industries in the region. Fans will have the opportunity to visit various Gyms in the Galar region in their quest to become Champion. They will not be alone, since the newly discovered Pokémon they choose to be their first partner will be by their side.

“Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are the latest exciting adventures in the Pokémon video game journey that began twenty-three years ago on this day,” said Mr. Ishihara. “Since then, Trainers around the world have discovered new Pokémon, engaged in epic battles, and made countless memories along the way. We look forward to continuing this journey by exploring a stunning new region in the Pokémon universe when the games launch later this year on Nintendo Switch.”

The adventure begins in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield when players choose one of three new Pokémon—Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble. Grookey, a Grass-type Chimp Pokémon, is mischievous and full of boundless curiosity. Bursting with energy, Scorbunny, a Fire-type Rabbit Pokémon, is always running about. The stealthy Sobble, a Water-type Water Lizard Pokémon, shoots out attacks as it hides itself in water.
    https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/

Ridill
    BG Level

Mostly just posting to subscribe, but I was doing some type wish thinking and was like hmmm fire/fairy, water/dragon, but then to fit the weakness/strength theme that would kind of leave with Grass/poison which has been done to death and is quite uninspired.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Gonna be checking this out to fantasize about this region: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0p6x6W-hLg

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I'm fire starter right now, but may lean toward water after seeing evolutions.

I'm hoping TPC sees this transition to Switch through the glasses they had on during the DPP -> BW transition. Not necessarily a time to innovate or change things around, but do whats expected really fricking well by utilizing the Switch's upgrades over the 3DS entries to improve old ideas instead of trying new ones.
    Where did you see the evolutions?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Where did you see the evolutions?
    He didn't. He's saying "when" he sees the evolutions.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So I guess the 3DS is dead now? Boooo.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Mostly just posting to subscribe, but I was doing some type wish thinking and was like hmmm fire/fairy, water/dragon, but then to fit the weakness/strength theme that would kind of leave with Grass/poison which has been done to death and is quite uninspired.
    You just need a trio of types that cycles. Plenty of choices that would make for interesting typing. flying/fighting/rock, fairy/fighting/steel, ice/ground/rock, ice/flying/fighting, ice/ground/steel. Grab a strong offense type or a weak defense type and you can probably make a working trio.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    So I guess the 3DS is dead now? Boooo.
    They announced a while ago that they thought that USUM had reached the upper limit of what the 3DS could offer as a platform for Pokemon.

So the big question is bank compatibility between 3DS / LGPE and S&S. Presumably S&S will keep the older mechanics of EVs/Abilities/Items that got removed from LGPE to make those games simpler, but LGPE was recently said to be considered a mainline game which implies that bank compatibility going forward is reasonable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It may be an instance where there is an S/S in-game minigame that helps transfer pokemon from the 3DS to the SS titles like dreamworld in BW and if you have LGPE then you're able to skip that step if you want and import directly instead.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    The secondary types don't always follow the same pattern in the weakness chain. RBY and RSE secondary types had no relation to each other (Charizard's Fire/Flying and Venusaur's Grass/Poison; Big-Mudkip Water/Ground and Blaziken's Fire/Fighting) and DPP's secondary typing reversed the weakness match-up for one pair (Chimchar Fire/Fighting vs. Empoleon Water/Steel).

I'd bet on the monkey being a fighting type since they love to throw that into the starters, and monkeys as fighting type happens a lot in the game.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yo this looks really fucking good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast