Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Genshin Impact (PC/PS5/PS4/NSW/iOS) - Open-World Action RPG - 2020

Developed by miHoYo (Honkai Impact)
    Welcome, travelers, I know the world of Teyvat has been quiet lately, and you might be curious about what is going on behind the veil... I think it's time for you to step further...

We are thrilled to officially announce our brand new game, Genshin Impact, an open world action RPG, is coming soon, and here you will find out what new adventure we at miHoYo are busy cooking up, learn about new allies and adversaries, and step into a brave new landscape awaiting your exploration.

In the coming months we will be unveiling Genshin Impact, showcasing the world we have been busy building over the year, brand new gameplay systems that maintains the high standard miHoYo is known for, new friends to make, new enemies to vanquish, and ultimately, new loot to showcase your prowess.

We are excited to announce that Genshin Impact's Close Beta will be coming to iOS and PC soon, and sign up is available right now! We will have more information regarding testing schedule, specs and device requirements in the near future.

The past year has been tremendously important for everyone here at miHoYo, thanks to you, players across the globe and the awesome community we are so grateful to have around our games. And we can't wait to show you what is in the works.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get up to speed on latest news and goodies. In the meantime, the Genshin Impact manga is still going strong at Crunchyroll with Episode 5 just released!

So onward, traveler, Paimon is waiting!
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/458
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/questi...iz=hk4e_global - Beta Pre-Reg

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mihoyo also makes Honkai Impact 3rd, which is an action brawler game, on mobile, that actually has a lot of varied event content, besides just brawler stages. Controls are surprisingly tight on a controller, if playing on PC emulator, and it looks like they've added that action combat into this game, as well as their cell shaded look in graphics. Can't recall, but this seems like the first Chinese MMO to actually gain some global attention, though I can't image it becoming a hit outside China. Still interested to see what they accomplish, as Honkai has some top tier JP VA in the Japanese version, and they are constantly adding new content and rapidly bringing up global/SEA to Chinese server's content plus going to Cons over here and promoting in Japan.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BotW with a story, count me in

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I got into the beta. It's basically BotW mixed with Tales, Xenoblade, and various action games. Lots of mixed together systems here, and it feels great to play. Can't wait to try it on mobile.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wait, so is this gacha crap or a legit game?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Legit game, so far. No gacha rolling or even a cash shop available in the beta, though that might be an interesting take on it. No idea if that's planned though I'm sure a cash shop will be; very big Breath of the Wild presentation in terms of the graphics, which are crisp, HD, and it's physics engine. Burn grass, and float up/gliding with your outfit capes, kill a camp for a chest, cooking is an identical presentation, and other mechanics directly taken, which I can see a lot of people getting pissed over, but we'll see. Story is nothing like BoTW though, from what I've seen.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Story is nothing like BotW insofar as this game actually has a story. The dungeons are also quite interesting and I assume that's where the co-op will eventually go (there are major mechanics that are clearly built for it).

The elemental combo system makes combat so much better than any other game like this honestly.

It also fixes my main problem with BotW: exploring gives you a currency that has meaningful rewards attached to it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I’m slowly dipping my toes into the beta as well, maybe have only put in about an hour?
    In route to the first town/city, I am enjoying it a whole lot though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lame

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

Lame

Time to invest in that superior Android technology.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The dungeons are also quite interesting and I assume that's where the co-op will eventually go (there are major mechanics that are clearly built for it).
    Their matchmaking and co-op stability is shit, in HI3, so that's the one area I'm concerned with.

*edit*
    Here's a shot from the top of the zone area called Draonspine, looking north; you can bypass the barrier they put up by swapping characters and dashing repeatedly to avoid the NPC redirecting you back to the playable area. That's all explorable, and it's somehow gonna be on mobile.
    Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PlayStation Version Announced
    Ever since Genshin Impact’s reveal, questions have been constantly raised by fans worldwide about the availability of this open world action title on console platforms. During the PlayStation 4 Online Showcase heading China Joy 2019, miHoYo alongside Sony Interactive Entertainment (Shanghai) Limited (SIESH) made the announcement that Genshin Impact will be releasing on PlayStation 4.

Genshin Impact is an open world action game set in the fantasy world called “Teyvat”, offering players a freely explorable world, multiple playable characters, an in-depth elemental combo-based combat system and an engaging story. As a mysterious figure called “The Traveler”, players will embark on a journey of exploring the world filled with secrets, encountering distinct characters, defeating new adversaries and ultimately reuniting with their lost kin. The game has completed its first Closed Beta Test on iOS and PC to great success and is planning to have new beta test phases in the future.

The joined announcement made by miHoYo and SIESH marks the first time that a miHoYo game will be available on a console platform. Previous miHoYo games like Honkai Impact 3rd and its predecessors have been exclusively released on mobile platforms. The release of Genshin Impact on PlayStation 4 signifies miHoYo expanding into a new territory, tackling new challenges, and welcoming new communities.

“This first ever partnership between miHoYo and PlayStation will let us bring Genshin Impact to the broad community of console players, while also welcome players from other platforms to PlayStation 4,” said Wei Liu, co-founder of miHoYo, during PlayStation 4 Online Showcase in China, “We will be continuing to optimize the PlayStation 4 version of the game to ensure a smooth gameplay experience and adding exclusive content to the platform. We look forward to working with PlayStation and listening to feedback from PlayStation 4 players to help us further improve Genshin Impact.”

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Switch Version Announced
    Genshin Impact will be available on Nintendo Switch. Players will step into a vast and vivid open world full of adventures and mysteries, unravel the secrets of this fantasy realm, and fulfill their own heroic quests.

Genshin Impact, as an open-world ARPG title, set in the fantasy world of Teyvat, which offers a freely – explorable world, multiple characters, an in-depth elemental combo – based combat system and an engaging story. A mysterious figure referred to as “The Traveler”, players will embark on a journey of finding their long-lost sibling to piece together their own mystery, while revealing Teyvat’s numerous secrets. Joined by a lively companion called Paimon, players will explore the land filled with varied landscapes, culturally – diverse towns, and treacherous dungeons. By mastering the power of the seven elements with a custom party of up to 4 characters, players will overcome merciless foes and fiendish puzzles.
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/switch/#/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, the game is being released before October of this year. https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/4691

Greetings, Travelers!
    We have two pieces of news to share today that Travelers have been very eager to know, so listen closely q(≧▽≦q)

---Genshin Impact releasing on iOS/Android/PC before October---
    That's right! Genshin Impact will officially open its doors on iOS/Android/PC platforms before October! Travelers will then be able to freely visit the continent of Teyvat to start an adventure of their own. Remember to stay tuned to announcements from our official channels for the exact release date!
    I wasn't in the latest closed beta, but I watched hours of this, and there's just a gigantic world to explore in the Beta, with more on release, and will take dozens of hours to go through the entire map, just exploring and doing the main story, so if you like being able to explore an open world, discovering what it holds, you're in for a beautiful world, with some pretty good music too.

World Points:
    • World ranks up with your adventure rank, which you level up via exp points from various activities in the game
    • Large chests don't re-spawn, but the basic ones do, giving you a way to grind your adventure rank
    • Adventure rank opens up more of the main story and ranks up your world, making all monsters stronger, and adding mechanics to world bosses and weekly bosses.
    • Lots of puzzles, random events, and challenges scattered everywhere
    • Seamless world, with the only loading screens when you teleport around or go into instances
    • Can join someone else's world, so long as you are their rank, but only they get to open their chests, while anyone can collect their resources, which re-spawn about once a day.
    • Just about everything is a material and used to craft something or upgrade weapons/characters. The inventory limit is some 20K individual items, most of which stack pretty high, so it's impractical that you'd run out, as you'll want to use them for cooking or upgrading.

Characters
    • Gacha based, but once you learn the game, the free characters will take you very far and are worth investing in as they all have their uses and you will need 8+ to do end game abyss content. MC is also worth using and at start, has access to Wind/Earth, and it's speculated they'll get all the elements eventually, as more zones are opened up.
    • Models are extremely well animated with distinct personalities.
    • Switching between characters/elements is crucial to doing damage and completing the mostly timed challenges. If you just mash attack, you won't get far.
    • Since it's much like HI3, if you want a character, you're gonna have to save your gems and pull when their banner is up, as 5* rates are not worth chasing without having the pulls to guarantee the 5* you want, as it currently takes 180 pulls, but boy are they powerful.
    • Dupes are required to fully unlock characters, but honestly, it makes the game super easy mode if you do, and even more so if you use a 5* weapon.
    • Only one part of the character growth, arguably the strongest, is locked behind the dupes, and the rest are upgradable MC doesn't have this issue though each element needs to be upgraded separately.

Equipment
    • Equipment is also in the gacha, but only weapons, and even 3* weapons get you pretty damn far in the content available in the Beta. 5*'s, like characters, really make the game easy, especially if you combine them, it's really ridiculous.
    • There's quite a bit of RNG to equipment, as they drop with a random Main Stat, and as you upgrade it, a new sub-stat is added or enhanced.
    • Aside from weapons, there are also accessories, that have set bonuses, if you equip multiple in that set. Set bonuses are static but the accessory stats follow the same RNG system of Random Main/Sub Stats and is a big part of the gear grind, as they come from everything.

That being said, there are some issues that stand out.
    • Adventure rank was hard to grind after rank 30 or so, and that was maybe character level 60, IIRC, and characters go to at least 80.
    • Their energy system takes 14+ hours to regen, though unlike most games, does not increase as you rank up. While a large amount, it's expensive to use it, as one activity can take 20-60 of it, and you only have 120ish or so. While you can refresh it with primo gems, those run dry once you've opened most of your non-re spawning world chests and completed each dungeon & main story.
    • Not much end game content. Daily quests have you kill various world bosses, that don't cost any energy. Resource bosses (Character ascension, leveling scrolls, money, ect) re-spawn daily as well, but cost energy. Push abyss as far as you can, though you'll need 8 characters, eventually. There are also weekly and monthly quests as well, all rewarding resources.
    • MC Geo, while doing more damage than wind, has an extremely buggy main skill, which really needs to be addressed.
    • Everything is very expensive to do, end game, and drops are stingy, at best, so the more you spend early game, the less you have end game and gated behind daily stamina. Usually best to focus on a few characters you want to take to end game and upgrade others as you can. You just cant daily do everything that's available, so you have to target what you do, and even then, if RNG hates you, you could be stuck for days until it does decide to drop, and allow you to grow your characters.
    • Only whales will have fully uncapped 5* weapons and characters, but again, not a bad thing as even one trivializes content.
    • There's no PVP, which I have no issues with, but some do. As such, I somewhat see their strategy of limited resources and things taking a long time at end game, to grind out.
    • It's a Chinese game, which will turn some people off, and the world is heavily inspired by Chinese culture. That being said, the localization is done extremely well, and is fully voiced in multiple languages, and if you didn't know it was made in China, you'd think it was actually a Japanese game, for how well it looks and feels like an anime.

So, ya, definitely grabbing this when it comes out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

holy shit 14 hours to fully recharge energy off of natural regen. That is some severe F2P crutch right there. I have casually been following the game and it does seem fun. I will definitely be trying it out when it releases.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shame, was hoping it wouldn't be mobile trash, but it looks like its going to be mobile trash. I guess it could still be fun but I so miss enjoying a game without it psychologically fucking me sideways for cash, this coming from a person who enjoys many a mobile game. Still will probably give it a shot since it looks entertaining.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

I enjoyed the beta. The 14 hours to recharge energy is rough.There is plenty to do while you wait for it at least at the start. The books you need to level up your talents will bottle neck. While waiting you can farm some food and rotate through the bosses/ elite enemies that responsibility. The mc geo is definitely broke and just melts things. One thing I will say for anyone who jumps in make sure you pick up every single thing. There are flowers around the one of the ameno statues that you need to level up your main character i wish I would of picked up and started to gather sooner. From what I was hearing we might have reduced inventory as well i used up to 11k in the beta with a 30k limit. Once the game comes out ill post some links to some maps I used that where extremely useful. That AR grind after 32 was killer. The ps4 version is being delayed because it was fuckkng rough as hell. Lag in the cities was awful. Then multi player was a cluster fuck. But I don't think it was too bad on pc. The constellations on everyone but the MC will be a pain because you have to pull the character again and that could turn into a gotcha mess. Also I would only focus on maybe 2 characters at the start to level.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There's a current 1.0 Beta going on, that I didn't get into, but they are actually paying people, in Primo Currency, available to their accounts on launch. They are assigned tasks to complete, and depending on how well they complete them, they'll get more or less gems, which I don't think I've ever heard of happening before. I suppose that could mean there's a lot more in store for us that they haven't shown, they've some significant changes to the core mechanics that they didn't have ready for the last Beta, or both. To be honest, with what they just released for the last closed beta, you could spend nothing and have 100+ hours of game and exploration to do, if it's something that ends up tickling your fancy, and we know two more "zones" are available at release. It's hard to express the high production values this game has without having watched or played the last Beta.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag