1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -60 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Problems with FFXIV loading on PC

Just tried logging into FFXIV today, and having some weird issues. Login/password screen shows up just fine, than it goes to the "Play" screen. I hit play, it starts loading the black screen and stops there, and tells me FFXIV is not responding. Everything else on my computer seems to work fine. Except for some weird reason, my keyboard can't control my volume any more. There was an update yesterday, I don't know if that has anything to do with it though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm assuming you haven't modded the game? If you patch a modded client it might give issues like that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I'm assuming you haven't modded the game? If you patch a modded client it might give issues like that.
    No, I haven't. I'm don't know enough about computers to mess with stuff like that.

I logged in just fine two days ago. Yesterday I didn't log in at all. And today, now I have this issue.

Maybe they're tinkering with the FPS caps again and your setting is resulting in some sort of conflict?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Maybe they're tinkering with the FPS caps again and your setting is resulting in some sort of conflict?
    How would I fix that?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Not sure what might of caused this but can do some troubleshooting eliminations.

First update graphics driver and see if that helps, windows might of updated your driver to something that might of caused conflict.

Next might want to rule out the windows update. Run Windows update, there is a new update out today that fixed some issues with the previous update.

If still have same problem you can then try to uninstall the update that might caused the problem in the first place.
    You can do this from accessing "Programs and Features" in the control panel. Once there on left side there is a link "view installed updates", you can uninstall any windows update from that screen.

If still having the issue after eliminating all the above then can look for other possible causes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Problems with FFXIV loadi

Anyone want to play some lol with a noob ?

Join TS some time and look for Raziel

My account is lvl 25 . For more info how we can team up just check the TS or pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    How would I fix that?
    From the launcher, click the config gear and try resetting system settings. Unfortunately, it seems like the more specific setting (FPS cap) requires being in-game (can be done at main menu, though). Otherwise, try what Azat suggested, too.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When I couldn't get it working I said screw it, and DL'd the game to my PS4 Pro. Today, I decided to try logging in on my PC for shits and giggles, and for no apparent reason, it's working again. But... after playing with the frame rate on PS4 Pro, I don't think I'll ever be able to play FFXIV on this PC ever again. It's so much freaking smoother. Like ridiculously so. Night and day. I didn't think my PC was THAT old, lol.

I'm still playing shit on my 2009 potato. feelsbadman

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, after what happened on my desktop a couple of weeks back, I decided to go browsing some laptops on Amazon today. I'm thinking about converting to a laptop for more mobility since I'll probably doing a bit of traveling soon here. My specs on my desktop were i3 processor and 6 GB of RAM. Apparently, like 95% of the LAPTOPS on Amazon are direct upgrades to my DESKTOP. I've even seen some i7 processors with 16 GB of RAM for only $500-$600, lol. I feel like Fred Flintstone now, lol.

Funny thing, my FFXIV benchmark test always cam out "Very High" on my desktop. I think the benchmark has very low restrictions just to get more people to sub anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXIV doesn't require a powerhouse of a computer. Honestly as long as you have a decent processor that runs the recommended speed (Doesn't matter the # of cores), 8 GB of Ram, and you run FFXIV on a SSD you'll be breezing through and any limitations will be your GPU. (TBF having FFXIV run off a SSD is only good to reduce loading times)