Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Remake (PC/PS5)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Big news here. Huge news.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That’s dope but like...there is gonna have to be something new or different to grab me. I’ve already played these games a dozen plus times over.

REALLY hoping this becomes canon

BG Level

just hope it does well enough they hit us with II as well. always felt it was the more interesting game, writing and philosophy are light years ahead of 1, was just unfinished.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We got a whole dang mmo that is free to play if you wanna know how Revan’s story ends

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

This is amazing news. I hope they do it justice in the remake!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    This is amazing news. I hope they do it justice in the remake!
    They hired a writer for the remake that had nothing to do with the original game (or RPGs in general looking at their resume), so I'm expecting a lot of writing changes to annoy people because of both that, and Disney. My pessimistic view has the game at best being an FF7R situation. Too early to tell at this point with a short CGI teaser.

Also weird seeing Aspyr doing something that isn't porting a game from one platform to another, so they got big shoes to fill to prove themselves here. Least they have touched KOTOR themselves in the past with their phone ports of the game.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

console exclusive at launch is doublespeak for "timed but might hit xbox eventually" right? friend doesn't have a PC so he never got to play the original and I'm hoping he'll get the opportunity

BG Level

assuredly, the phrasing basically states timed exclusive without stating it. who knows what the timeline for porting will be but near 100% chance it gets out for Xbox as well.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

We say that, but here we are still waiting for FF7R to be released elsewhere. The phrasing means whatever they want it to mean at this point, I don't like making assumptions about platform jumping anymore lol.

https://www.aspyr.com/games

Here is a list of the developers games so far. Everything is PS/Switch exclusive except one shitty remake and one iOS game. It doesn't give me confidence that we'll get an Xbox version with haste.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Level

silly counterpoint, every single FF game has been ported at this point and FVII Remake is a guaranteed port with a public timeline. Playstation nabbed exclusive rights for six months after the Intergrade release meaning December/January at the earliest for PC/Xbox. dunno what the exact release will be but i'd bet anyone here a grand on the spot that FFVIIR gets ported within a year at the latest (very likely within the first quarter of 2022, perhaps even in time for a Christmas launch).

as stated the timeline is unsure, but barring an act of God or abject commercial failure the corporate speak of 'exclusive at launch' near guarantees a porting. hell these days the phrase "PS4/5 exclusive" is conditional given the ports to PC of Horizon and Kojima abortions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    We got a whole dang mmo that is free to play if you wanna know how Revan’s story ends
    Ya but then I have to play a MMO

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Ya but then I have to play a MMO
    Fine. This (badly) spoils like a decade worth of mmo story but if you reaaaaaally want to know

Spoiler: show
    Revan & Bastilla run off for adventures. Have kids. Revan runs off for another adventure to kill the Sith Emperor and is joined by the protagonist from KOTOR 2 (“The General”, they do actually give her a canon name but I forget what it is), and a Sith who was betrayed the Emperor and wants to kill him. Well surprise the Sith turns on our heroes, The General is killed and Revan is captured by The Emperor and imprisoned and the sith that betrayed them is rewarded by being made essentially immortal. Like he can die but he never ages. Anyway fast forward a bunch of years and SWTOR happens. The force ghost of “The General” calls out to the player character and guides them to Revan’s prison. Revan is freed and is like hey thanks, but my head is all fucked up, I need to peace out for a bit to get my mind right. Fast forward a bit and Revan has gone insane and restarted a forge to build an army of HK droids to kill anyone with even a small percentage of sith blood. The heroes are like Uhhh that’s genocide and Revan is like UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAHHH so you have to kill him. But his body blows up and you don’t really assume he is dead. Fast forward a couple expansions and a massive invasion is taking place simultaneously on Republic and Empire worlds and the two factions team up to combat the threat. Surprise, it’s Revan and a new army. You infiltrate his home planet and discover there is actually another Revan trapped there, a “light side” Revan who was split from the OG Revan (don’t ask) so you team up with “light Revan” and pretty much every significant NPC of the last several years to fight “dark side Revan”, you win, Revan is rejoined, and is like okay guys I’m gonna die now for realsies, thanks, and he goes poof.

The resulting devastation from Revan’s attacks led both the republic and empire vulnerable when ANOTHER empire from unknown space shows up out of nowhere and murks them both for several years. Turns out the emperor from this new empire is actually the old emperor the entire time, he just keeps reincarnating and fucking things up with an infinite plan B plan C plan D etc, honestly it gets comical. Anyway eventually you do defeat him and then the republic and empire to back to war with each other cause hey it’s an mmo and we gotta have faction warfare. Now you are caught up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Fine. This (badly) spoils like a decade worth of mmo story but if you reaaaaaally want to know

Spoiler: show
    Revan & Bastilla run off for adventures. Have kids. Revan runs off for another adventure to kill the Sith Emperor and is joined by the protagonist from KOTOR 2 (“The General”, they do actually give her a canon name but I forget what it is), and a Sith who was betrayed the Emperor and wants to kill him. Well surprise the Sith turns on our heroes, The General is killed and Revan is captured by The Emperor and imprisoned and the sith that betrayed them is rewarded by being made essentially immortal. Like he can die but he never ages. Anyway fast forward a bunch of years and SWTOR happens. The force ghost of “The General” calls out to the player character and guides them to Revan’s prison. Revan is freed and is like hey thanks, but my head is all fucked up, I need to peace out for a bit to get my mind right. Fast forward a bit and Revan has gone insane and restarted a forge to build an army of HK droids to kill anyone with even a small percentage of sith blood. The heroes are like Uhhh that’s genocide and Revan is like UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAHHH so you have to kill him. But his body blows up and you don’t really assume he is dead. Fast forward a couple expansions and a massive invasion is taking place simultaneously on Republic and Empire worlds and the two factions team up to combat the threat. Surprise, it’s Revan and a new army. You infiltrate his home planet and discover there is actually another Revan trapped there, a “light side” Revan who was split from the OG Revan (don’t ask) so you team up with “light Revan” and pretty much every significant NPC of the last several years to fight “dark side Revan”, you win, Revan is rejoined, and is like okay guys I’m gonna die now for realsies, thanks, and he goes poof.

The resulting devastation from Revan’s attacks led both the republic and empire vulnerable when ANOTHER empire from unknown space shows up out of nowhere and murks them both for several years. Turns out the emperor from this new empire is actually the old emperor the entire time, he just keeps reincarnating and fucking things up with an infinite plan B plan C plan D etc, honestly it gets comical. Anyway eventually you do defeat him and then the republic and empire to back to war with each other cause hey it’s an mmo and we gotta have faction warfare. Now you are caught up.
    So glad I spent seconds reading this instead of years in a mmo lol

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Level

lmao that's terrible

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I told it pretty terribly but playing through it was also pretty terrible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag