• Navigation
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    394
    BG Level
    4

    PS3 downloading impossible slow all of a sudden.

    Ugh. I can't even type a title. Impossibly slow*. I'm about to break this thing. Anyway.

    Let me start by saying that I have never had issues with my PS3 connecting wirelessly to the internet before today. It wasn't able to find an IP address all day, so my cousin had a better wireless router, he hooked it up and then it found it. No problem there.

    However, now it downloads slower than fuck. I have two PS3s in my house, one slim one original. I hooked them both up. Connected both to the network and began to download the new COD Map Pack. The slim finished about 25 minutes before the original. Now I'm trying to download an update on the original, it's a 52mb file. It should take me at most 2 minutes? Maybe. However, it won't stay connected long enough to download it. It downloads maybe 30% and then either freezes or starts downloading at an absurdly slow rate.

    Any tips as to what I might be able to do? I googled for a while. The best that I could come up with was disabling the media server. Restart modem/router/ps3, etc. The usual stuff. But in the mean time, I can't figure anything else out. I can't wire it. Modem is on the other side of the house. PS3 is making me want to slay several small children.

    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Any other routers available? Reset the old router and try to get it to work? Hardwire the PS3 to test it?

  3. #3
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    394
    BG Level
    4

    No real way to hardwire it. I might try to make the other router an access point in my room and try it that way. I saw a lot of people had similar experiences with PS3's. I just wanted to post to see if anyone here had a similar problem and might have a quick fix. Something that I might have overlooked perhaps. Who knows.

  4. #4
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    394
    BG Level
    4

    Fixed I think. Last resort was turn the goddamn printer off. I think that it was getting wireless signals mixed up or something. They are right next to each other. But that seemed to work. Thanks for the quick response regardless.

  5. #5
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Should try changing the channel of your router's wifi in cases like that.

Similar Threads

  1. USB ports not working all of a sudden
    By Chelly in forum Tech
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2009-04-14, 15:15
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2008-05-31, 04:43
  3. comp running slow all of a sudden
    By untouchable in forum Tech
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2008-01-08, 11:22