Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105

Thread: De La Hoya vs Mayweather     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    968
    BG Level
    5

    De La Hoya vs Mayweather

    Who's watching this epic fight Saturday?

    I think this is the most hyped boxing match since the Tyson / Lewis fight a few years back.


    My money's on De La Hoya.

  2. #2
    Xavier
    Guest

    De La Hoya is a sure thing.

  3. #3
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    192
    BG Level
    3

    Pulling for De La Hoya but he's getting old and I don't expect him to walk out of this one with a win.

  4. #4
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    I know nothing about boxing nowadays at all, but after seeing highlights of the press conference I really hope De La Hoya will win.

    This is simply because Mayweather was being such a D Bag, and De La Hoya seemed much more professional, and it would be awesome to knock him out just to get him to shut the fuck up.

  5. #5
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Not that i know a damn thing about boxing, but im pretty sure that De La Hoya sucks against speedy punchers. I know he's lost to Shane Mosely and Felix Trinidad. For that reason, i'll just say Mayweather and acknowledge i don't know shit about boxing.

  6. #6
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    192
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Not that i know a damn thing about boxing, but im pretty sure that De La Hoya sucks against speedy punchers. I know he's lost to Shane Mosely and Felix Trinidad. For that reason, i'll just say Mayweather and acknowledge i don't know shit about boxing.
    Another reason I think Mayweather will win, De La Hoya really shines against people he can keep up with in hand speed though. A prefect example of this is Mayorga.

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    852
    BG Level
    5

    DLH is not a sure thing. He has fought opponents similar to Mayweather before (Mosley) and lost. I'm still cheering for DLH. DLH does have size to his advantage though. I'm predicting a close fight but Mayweather will win through decision.

    Anyone watch 24/7 on HBO? 50 on a segway lol

  8. #8
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Based on my barely there knowledge of boxing I predict Mayweather will win.

  9. #9
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    968
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Yangsing
    50 on a segway lol
    Ya lol, that was great.

  10. #10
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,455
    BG Level
    7

    Boxing is dead.

  11. #11
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,461
    BG Level
    7

    Mayweather by a landslide

  12. #12
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    968
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    Boxing is dead.
    They're calling this "the fight to save boxing." Like I said earlier there hasn't been this much hype for a fight in years, but I still prefer boxing over UFC and other freestyle fighting.

    There's a lot more to it than who can grapple better.

  13. #13
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    125
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    Boxing is dead.
    They're calling this "the fight to save boxing." Like I said earlier there hasn't been this much hype for a fight in years, but I still prefer boxing over UFC and other freestyle fighting.

    There's a lot more to it than who can grapple better.
    This is going to be a spectacular fight, no doubt about that. And it probably will rejuvenate some interest in boxing. BUT! Both of these guys said they might retire after the fight! WTF!

  14. #14
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    602
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    Boxing is dead.
    They're calling this "the fight to save boxing." Like I said earlier there hasn't been this much hype for a fight in years, but I still prefer boxing over UFC and other freestyle fighting.

    There's a lot more to it than who can grapple better.
    The chuck norris fighting thing is fun to watch since they have to be fighting all the time and cant grapple.

  15. #15
    GRT
    GRT is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,272
    BG Level
    7

    200 bucks on mayweather here

    if he runs around and wins by points i get some extra dough, if he head to head against de la hoya and get KO'ed i pay extra for a more enjoyable fight

    win-win :D

  16. #16
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,857
    BG Level
    6

    I suspect it'll be a disappointing fight. Mayweather is a big favorite for a reason: The "similar" fighters DLH has fought and lost to were not as fast as Mayweather and didn't have his defensive abilities. That said, Mayweather knows he can't knock DLH out and he moved up a weight class for this fight, so he's not going to follow through with all his trash talking--he's going to fight methodically and just attempt to win the rounds. The only chance for any real excitement is if Oscar connects with enough lucky power punches to really hurt him.

  17. #17
    Xavier
    Guest

    Only Rocky can save Boxing.

  18. #18
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    I dislike Oscar, but I hate Mayweather. The sport of pugilism has suffered tremendously in the past years, they need to put some excitement into this sh!t fast.

    Oscar wins by a KO in the 7th.

    I hope they don't pull a draw out of their asses for a rematch...

  19. #19
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteora
    I hope they don't pull a draw out of their asses for a rematch...
    Needs to be a convincing win, thats for sure. Knock out plz.

  20. #20
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    So who's calling the fight lasting less than 3 rounds and everyone who buys it on pay-per view wasting their money like another certain fight I can't quite remember?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oscar De La Hoya: "Mayweather vs Pacquiao is very close"
    By Reality in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 2010-09-04, 21:55
  2. Manny Pacquiao vs De La Hoya
    By Blarg in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2008-12-08, 17:49
  3. Mayweather vs Hatten
    By Koyangi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2007-12-10, 07:45
  4. Pwned Vs Got Pwned
    By ChOkOmArU in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-09-28, 18:57