Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    KoD
    KoD is offline
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    224
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Mission55 Can't we all just get along? (HELPZ PWZ)

    How the fook, do you beat this dam thing?! -.-;

    Spoiler: show
    its the Ouchu What gives you the x2CP Item, On the way to titans trial

    I've completed 1Crystanium on Each Char, started 2nd..

    I've tried:
    Light/Snow/Hope
    Med/Sen/Syn <> Com>Sen>Rav <> Com/Sen/Med <> Med/Sen/Med

    Fang/Snow/Hope
    Com/Sen/Syn <> Com/Sen/Med <> Com/Rav/Rav <> Com/Sen/Rav

  2. #2
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,182
    BG Level
    8

    Considering the drops it would take one google search to find the strat everyone and their mother uses. But i just killed in a few hours ago and feel nice.

    Two ways:

    Easy way: have snow and hope SEN/MED and spam death on the big guy (1% chance of land so just retry till you land it) after that just switch to RAV and slowly kill the little guys with AoE.

    Hard way: Best to use the things that give all the buffs at the start of the battle, if you don't have 15k+ HP do it the easy way. Roll in Commander/RAV/RAV and take down two of them ASAP, then switch one to a medic, kill all the little guys then take the big one down to about 80%, Rebuff because at 75% 50% and 25% he calls his babies back. everytime they respawn take one or two down asap and SEN up if you have to.

  3. #3
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    What I did was I killed all the little guys first, then spam death until over.

  4. #4
    Blackice
    Guest

    I went as Van/Fang/Hope, SAB/SEN/MED. Popped both Aegisol/Fortisol and just went nuts with Death until it died or I died. I lasted about 4 mins each attempt with Fang having 14k HP, took 5 attempts doing it that way.

  5. #5
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,597
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

    Use Aegisol/Fortisol before engaging, have Vanille spam death at the start, and that's it. Once the main dude's dead, it becomes a matter of surviving the little ones, which isn't hard.

  6. #6
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I did this "low level", right around the time I started chapter 13, but before I did anything within that chapter. At first, just the little guys alone would do between 1000-1200 to Snow on Sentinel, it was a nightmare.

    So I went out, and upgraded three General's Belts to Star level, and stacked them onto Snow for about 68% Physical damage reduction, and those hits went from 1000-1200, to 200-400: much more manageable.

    Once I had that problem taken care of, I had Snow tank all five on Sentinel with healing support from Lightning, while spamming death (Recommend Magic at 1500+ and Belladona/Malboro Wand) on the Neochu. Chances are, if you try at a low level, Neochu's "Screech" attack will outright kill you, but that's not to say it can't be done - just reload and keep trying until you manage to get Death to land. After that, switch up to SEN/MED/COM and the Commando will take out the remaining hatchlings one by one with little problem.

  7. #7
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Am I going crazy or just stupid? Is Death a tech. ability? A spell? I haven't seen it <_<

  8. #8
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    It's a spell. Vanille only, on her level 9 Sab grid.

  9. #9
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    This mission was a pure bitch, lol. I'm glad I got 5 stars for it, too. Although the target time is super high on this, so pretty easy to 5 star it.

    Now I can CP grind and farm turtles at same time.

  10. #10
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,841
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    It's a spell. Vanille only, on her level 9 Sab grid.
    Some cie'th enemies can cast it too

  11. #11
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Some cie'th enemies can cast it too
    Was talking about characters

  12. #12
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,841
    BG Level
    8

    I'm just saying that's another place you could see it

  13. #13
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    I just fought the Neochu in Mission 45 and dropped it in 50 seconds with stage 9 crystarium, completely fluked it on my first try. It hit Lightning down to 200 HP in a single hit and then Random: Instant Chain triggered on my Army of One, took it to 999.9% chain with it and then just destroyed it with COM COM RAV. Shame it wasn't the #55 one, could really use that 2x CP.

  14. #14
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I just fought the Neochu in Mission 45 and dropped it in 50 seconds with stage 9 crystarium, completely fluked it on my first try. It hit Lightning down to 200 HP in a single hit and then Random: Instant Chain triggered on my Army of One, took it to 999.9% chain with it and then just destroyed it with COM COM RAV. Shame it wasn't the #55 one, could really use that 2x CP.
    Could always try doing the Death strat :D Imperil helped with landing Death for me, and my Vanille's Magic is so shitty.

  15. #15
    KoD
    KoD is offline
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    224
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I found the other Neochu very easy i jst did Sen/Buffer/Debuffer fully buffed up & Debuf, then went Com/Rav/Rav > ZERK :D killed it be4 it even got 2 summon its babys ,

    With mission 55, when i tried this as soon i changed to Com/Rav/Rav the babys would rage me or it would screech -.-

  16. #16
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,475
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Finally beat this guy after spamming death for over an hour. I probably had to retry over twenty times. I made a second saved file though after beating him,I spent around 700k upgrading stuff for van just so I could kill him. I made three of those +250magic items and two +1000hp bracelets along with upgrading one of her weapons so I could hit over 2500magic. It was overall a fun fight and I'm looking forward to getting my double cp now :D

  17. #17
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,838
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'm up to mission 30 and at the end of ch 11 now. How many missions do I need done before this one unlock?

  18. #18
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    959
    BG Level
    5

    I'm a bit confused how people are saying they beat it before the end of the game...

    I thought the prereq was to have completed the game, then it opens up?

  19. #19
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    The access to Cie'th Stone Mission isn't in any way restricted by how far you are in the story. (aside from the obvious req of having access to certain areas)

  20. #20
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    959
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The access to Cie'th Stone Mission isn't in any way restricted by how far you are in the story. (aside from the obvious req of having access to certain areas)
    I disagree ;x Because I had completed the same ammount of missions, went to Oerba, wasn't active, went and killed the final boss, came back and it was usable :3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast