Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Science Fiction Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,053
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Tab Candy - FireFox/Minefield

    So i was browsing engadget today and saw a post for Tab Candy which is a new tool that the mozilla guys are developing to make using tabs a much more friendly experience.

    i just installed it and using it now, very nice so far, havent found any major issues with it yet.

    check it out

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/26/f...-for-starters/

  2. #2
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Basically looks like OSX' Expose/Spaces but for Tabs. Not really sure if I'd make use of this as I already have a habit of just opening another Firefox window if I plan to open a bunch of tabs relevant to one subject. I guess if they can find a means of using TabCandy all via keyboard input I might bite, otherwise, what I do now seems faster.

    Would be cool if they could adapt it for home-page use of thumbnailing some of your bookmarked sites like Safari does.


    On a side note, nice to see theme for tabs on top are finished on the most recent OSX build, hope FF4 beta2 comes out soon.

  3. #3
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,562
    BG Level
    7

    because manually opening a new window is too hard

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2010-06-10, 04:09
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2008-11-04, 12:21