Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Relevant Emp +2 Armor     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    119
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Relevant Emp +2 Armor

    Hi,

    Have a decent amount of login campaign points on some mules, and was thinking of grabbing some emp +2 armor items just because. Was just curious if there were any pieces that were still considered must haves since SoA stuff came out. Already have BLM/BST/NIN from a while back. Really curious about the other jobs since I may decide to level those one day. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77
    BG Level
    2

    Off the top of my head:

    Bard hands
    Thief feet
    White Mage pants
    Monk body

  3. #3
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Well this is what I'd think is still good now.

    war- feet still good if you don't have huggin. I think legs still good tp peice.

    whm- body and legs still pretty awesome

    rdm- all of it.

    mnk- body

    thf- feet and head

    brd- all of it

    rng-head and body

    sam- hands and legs

    cor- probably all but head

    pup- body legs feet

    dnc- head body hands

    sch- heads hands feet.

  4. #4
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    883
    BG Level
    5

    THF head is outdated by this point, but hands are still useful for SA.

    If you don't have anything else to burn login points on, I'd complete the sets anyhow though since S-E plans to update AF3 for SoA.

  5. #5
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,746
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    BLU- Body for long casts and decent idle piece
    - Hands Decent for nuking till augmented Hagondes; 12% recast on long spells for procs in old content
    - Legs best in slot for Efflux spells, 15 skill helpful for some buffs
    - Feet best in slot for Burst Affinity nukes, makes a decent Sanguine Blade piece

    DRG - Body is amazing for Jumps
    - Hands are amazing for Spirit Link
    - Legs good for Spirit/Soul Jump damage and Drakesbane
    - Feet are best in slot for Spirit Jump

  6. #6
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    572
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Pretty sure all of the WHM pieces are still relevant for the set bonus (sub out the legs for AF2+2 legs) for your bar-element spells.

  7. #7
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    Considering they are updating AF3 next update, I'd say all of it for now lol.

  8. #8
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Considering they are updating AF3 next update, I'd say all of it for now lol.
    Been no word as to when they'll upgrade relic or empy gear. Next update is AF to ilvl 119. Gotta agree that getting all of it at some point is good though, just to future proof yourself.

  9. #9
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,644
    BG Level
    9

    I still yearn for the day where they just combine Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean gear. With the advent of the stat window tab, fitting all the info in shouldn't be such a concern anymore. Plus if shit ever goes beyond i119, it'll just make any future updating plans easier by doing 1 set instead of 3. But we know it'll never happen.

  10. #10
    I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    351
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well this is what I'd think is still good now.

    war- feet still good if you don't have huggin. I think legs still good tp peice.

    whm- body and legs still pretty awesome

    rdm- all of it.

    mnk- body

    thf- feet and head

    brd- all of it

    rng-head and body

    sam- hands and legs

    cor- probably all but head

    pup- body legs feet

    dnc- head body hands

    sch- heads hands feet.

    WHM full set unless SE release some new gears for bar element that I'm not aware of.

    COR full set too, because dat Blitzers

  11. #11
    I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    351
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I still yearn for the day where they just combine Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean gear. With the advent of the stat window tab, fitting all the info in shouldn't be such a concern anymore. Plus if shit ever goes beyond i119, it'll just make any future updating plans easier by doing 1 set instead of 3. But we know it'll never happen.
    May as well have SE combin every stat from every gear in this game on one single gear so we don't need to swap anything anymore.

    Gear swap-less FFXI, no thanks.

  12. #12
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I cant help but think the stat vomit is SE's way of alleviating some gearswapping issues for the beloved PS2 playerbase.

  13. #13
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Viar View Post
    WHM full set unless SE release some new gears for bar element that I'm not aware of.

    COR full set too, because dat Blitzers
    Yeah just was kinda on the fence of considering if a small chance to annul was a must have or just really nice. Sometimes I hate the annulling since that means you gotta rebar and it's not always wise to run back in

  14. #14
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah just was kinda on the fence of considering if a small chance to annul was a must have or just really nice. Sometimes I hate the annulling since that means you gotta rebar and it's not always wise to run back in
    You have to rebar?

  15. #15
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    What? no you don't lol

  16. #16
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I thought it used it up or was that brd before they changed it?

  17. #17
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Neither did

  18. #18
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I mean, that's how it worked in ff10

  19. #19
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Must be going crazy could swear I remember one of them being used up back when abyssea was still big fighting stuff

  20. #20
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Carol II used to wear off when it absorbed a hit, however it was a bug and was fixed before the second set of carols was added. iirc it made them have a higher proc rate, too, but it was so long ago and I may just be blending that in with WHM empyrean set proc bugs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tips on making fake armor boxes.
    By BRP in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2006-06-21, 14:05
  2. BLM 50-60+ body armor advice needed
    By grunion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2006-05-09, 22:48
  3. Homam / Nashira armor possible source
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2005-10-13, 14:03
  4. armor from gods and kirin
    By Krefthen in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2005-10-10, 12:12
  5. Need an explanation of cursed armor and uncursing pls
    By Aleandra in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-08-28, 05:34