Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    LBP, a PS3 killer app or bust?

    Sony had the chance to show one of its new games at GDC (Game Developers Convention), "Little Big Planet." Sony's compentitors have a few 'kiddie' games such as: Viva Piñata for 360, and... most games for Wii <_< However, I think this game will give them a run for their money. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's PS3 saviour, but it's a start. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention you can make your own levels, just like the players did in that demo.

    Now, if they only introduce MGS4 and a ZoE3, I'd buy it <_<

    If it was posted somewhere else, by all means delete, thx.

  2. #2
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,317
    BG Level
    7

    All you need for PS3 atm is Motor Storm, its pure win.

  3. #3
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,851
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    All you need for PS3 atm is Motor Storm, its pure win.
    This reply is made of pure win.

    Motorstorm seriously pwns lol...

  4. #4
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,317
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    All you need for PS3 atm is Motor Storm, its pure win.
    This reply is made of pure win.

    Motorstorm seriously pwns lol...
    It's not so high on replay value without online ability though.

    It only has 9 tracks, about the only minor drawback I can think of. But its a riot to play online, and there is no lag whatsoever online..how is that even possible? It's as seemless as one player...

  5. #5
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    What kind of single player "campaign" is there in it?

    Like how deep does it go, or is it just lol go race your dune buggies for an hour and get bored?

  6. #6
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    BG Level
    6

    Motorstorm has 8 tracks

    Online kicks ass

    So many vehicles (some are very good, for certain terrain)

    If you take a mototrcycle into the mud-pit (you are fucked), but the DUNNNNNNNNNNEEEEE BUUUUUUGGGGYS shine gloriously

    Assortment of off-road vehicles, with such a fun twist on crashing

    Online = pro, no lag

    One Player value (to learn the nooks/crannies and get best road setup for all tracks = 15-20 hours)

    Online takes getting used to, some players already in there can take lap leads

  7. #7
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    lol what is your sig from, that shit looks hilarious.

  8. #8
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    BG Level
    6

    The Darkness:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3CqtCcaLFY

    In-Gameplay:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ3X4br6qeg

    For PS3/Xbox360/PC (I Think)

  9. #9
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Motorstorm is the best fucking racing game i've ever played, hands down.

    BTW, has anyone noticed how cool the mud looks after you drive through it? lol. And people have been bitching about graphics..

  10. #10
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Little Big Planet (rerail) looks fucking amazing. I'm definetly in the lolsony camp but I'm looking forward to somehow playing this game. I could care less for Motrostorm though.

  11. #11
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Little Big Planet (rerail) looks fucking amazing. I'm definetly in the lolsony camp but I'm looking forward to somehow playing this game. I could care less for Motrostorm though.
    Same, I tried Motorstorm and at furst it was kinda fun for a while, didn't try the online one though. Maybe that's where the fun is ;x Anyways, Little Red Planet looks promising by its sheer complexity, yet simpleness in execution... oxymoron ;o

  12. #12
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,119
    BG Level
    7

    I love the idea of being able to make levels, and edit them as you go though.

    the ps3 is looking worth the 600$ in my eyes.

  13. #13
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Played motorstorm didnt like it..should I be worried? It just reminds me of a slower pace burnout..kept crashing crashing etc.

  14. #14
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire
    I love the idea of being able to make levels, and edit them as you go though.

    the ps3 is looking worth the 600$ in my eyes.
    Just an fyi, check your local craigslist.com, lots of people selling it for 500-550 here in Minneapolis. And it's like $639 after taxes.

  15. #15
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    619
    BG Level
    5

    Looks pretty sweet. What is the game supposed to be about? Do you control the little people? I guess I could go look this up for myself.

    And that music is awesome, reminds me of some of that old school Yoshi's Island music.

  16. #16
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    Looks pretty sweet. 1 What is the game supposed to be about? 2 Do you control the little people? 3 I guess I could go look this up for myself.

    And that music is awesome, reminds me of some of that old school Yoshi's Island music.
    1. Platform, design levels, share them with other players, online co-op.
    2. Yes, you make them too.
    3. That too.

    Another link.

    Here is the extended version @ gametrailers in high quality.

  17. #17
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    157
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    give me like 2 or 3 more solid games, in addition to motorstorm, and ill prolly go buy one, LBP looks kinda fun, but not sure if it will be my cup of tea

  18. #18
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    LBP looks more like a future development way of making games or something....tired, can't think straight. I wouldn't want that as an actual game though. ;/

  19. #19
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Lair and Heavenly sword will be out within the next 2-3 months, should be a good purchase by then.

  20. #20
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    Lair yes
    Heavenly Sword is Q4

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth or otherwise) for PS3??
    By Vedder in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2007-09-28, 15:22