Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: The Happening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    The Happening

    Well, i'm going to the movies this week to go see a movie with friends, but i'm torn between a few, this movie is one of them, but i've heard pretty bad things about the movie just not pulling through with it's intentions. I find that i tend to like pretentious movies that are well done and hold some mistery, i did like The Village even though opinions were mixed about it, so i'm not too sure whether i should see this one. I really want to like it, because it looks like it might be a good film, but i rather not spend money on it if it's really going to be that shitty. So i guess i'm waiting until others go and see it. >_>

    Let the M. Night Shamamamamamamammaala hate fest commence.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0949731/

  2. #2
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,665
    BG Level
    7

    Re: The Happening

    Already have the whole script for this movie rofl . . .

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    629
    BG Level
    5

    Re: The Happening

    Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta
    Already have the whole script for this movie rofl . . .
    What a twist!

  4. #4
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Re: The Happening

    This movie better not suck, I am looking forward to it. The only movie of his I haven't liked is The Village.

  5. #5
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    119
    BG Level
    3

    Re: The Happening

    Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta
    Already have the whole script for this movie rofl . . .
    Give me? > >?

    The Village wasn't too bad

  6. #6
    Vuitton
    Guest

    Re: The Happening

    Below is the twist ending for this film. If you do not want it spoiled then do not reveal the spoiler!

    [spoiler:dupsfsxh]Mother Nature is taking reveng on Humanity by having all the earth's vegetation release a neurotoxin. The toxin causes any human that comes into contact with it to commit suicide (usually violently.) All of the characters try to hide from this toxin in vast fields, gardens and forests, rather than locking themselves in air-tight buildings. You can tell when evil is afoot when the camera focuses on the wind russeling the leaves of plants and trees.[/spoiler:dupsfsxh]

  7. #7
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,228
    BG Level
    6

    Re: The Happening

    It has Mark Wahlberg, thats all you need to know to go see it.

  8. #8
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: The Happening

    Uh... Rotten tomatoes is giving this an 11% atm.... 27 reviews are up, 24 or so say its lame...

  9. #9
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Re: The Happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Uh... Rotten tomatoes is giving this an 11% atm.... 27 reviews are up, 24 or so say its lame...
    After reading some of those reviews it appears most never liked any of his films. I doubt they will influence my decision much, or I'll just go to watch-movies.net.

  10. #10
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    253
    BG Level
    4

    Re: The Happening

    This movie better not suck, I am looking forward to it. The only movie of his I haven't liked is The Village.
    Who in their right mind could have like Lady in the Water?

  11. #11
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Re: The Happening

    Quote Originally Posted by scrockstar
    This movie better not suck, I am looking forward to it. The only movie of his I haven't liked is The Village.
    Who in their right mind could have like Lady in the Water?
    I dunno, I liked it.

  12. #12
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,008
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: The Happening

    Lady in the Water was dreadful to watch.

    I have a really open mind when it comes to films, but this was just terrible.

  13. #13
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Re: The Happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton
    Below is the twist ending for this film. If you do not want it spoiled then do not reveal the spoiler!

    [spoiler:1f0k1y87]Mother Nature is taking reveng on Humanity by having all the earth's vegetation release a neurotoxin. The toxin causes any human that comes into contact with it to commit suicide (usually violently.) All of the characters try to hide from this toxin in vast fields, gardens and forests, rather than locking themselves in air-tight buildings. You can tell when evil is afoot when the camera focuses on the wind russeling the leaves of plants and trees.[/spoiler:1f0k1y87]
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambar
    What a twist!
    Seriously. Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't see it. Can't wait for the next season of Robot Chiken now.

  14. #14
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Re: The Happening

    The twist is not what ruins the movie, the concept is well done, but the execution is done horribly, the acting is apperently bad, and the movie just doesn't make the plot "work", or so this is the jist of what i'm getting from some reviews.

    I don't really get why people complain about the twists, it's not that what really ruins his movies, it's the way in which he works continuity and puts his ideas to practice where he fucks it up.

  15. #15
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,228
    BG Level
    6

    Re: The Happening

    But i thought Mark Wahlberg could do no wrong!

  16. #16
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,900
    BG Level
    10

    Re: The Happening

    I liked all of his movies except Lady in the Water. You must have had a needle in your arm while watching that movie to have enjoyed it...

  17. #17
    Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,403
    BG Level
    7

    Re: The Happening

    just go see kung fu panda. it pretty much owned

  18. #18
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25
    BG Level
    1

    Re: The Happening

    I'm apearantly one of the few in the universe who thought Lady in the water was awesome.

    I really enjoy most of M. Night shamalalalahingha's films. In fact, the one I liked least was his breakthrough to the big public, The Sixth Sense, which felt gimmicky at the end. All his films balance so well on the edge of honest drama and often despair in the main characters and their often tragic history, that the intwined fantasy or mystery elements work really well for me. I really liked the character of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable and Paul Giamatti in Lady in the water, as they really seem to need the 'miracle' that happens to them, but are reluctant to give into it throughout the movie. I can see why people don't like them much though, as it's hard to combine the often harsh reallity pieces with fantasy elements.

    Anyway, really looking forward tot his movie. I often check out other people's reviews to get an idea if I should go see a movie, but I really won't think that will work this time around.

  19. #19
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    214
    BG Level
    4

    Re: The Happening

    I liked Lady In The Water

  20. #20
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    Re: The Happening

    This movie had the most retarded advertising I've ever seen. Previews show absolutely nothing about the movie itself, just talking about it's his first R-rated movie ._. Guy must be full of himself or something

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What the hell happened to the "New Posts" link?
    By Aksannyi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-12-08, 14:19
  2. What happened to the starcraft guy? >.>
    By Edrick in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2007-12-20, 21:01
  3. The holocaust didn't happen.
    By Amarok in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2007-04-04, 17:48
  4. Here is what happens when retarded FF fans find the internet
    By Lordwafik in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2006-09-13, 00:33
  5. When good things happen to the wrong people
    By Raineer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 2005-05-08, 07:20