Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Smiths Ring     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    77
    BG Level
    2

    Smiths Ring

    80,000 guild points, just got mine. "Cannot synthesize HQ items"

  2. #2
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    711
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Re: Smiths Ring

    80k? Yeesh that's a lot; I thought this was supposed to target low-level crafters trying to skill up.

  3. #3
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    77
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Smiths Ring

    i thought it was for higher levels sick of hqing ingredients.

  4. #4
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Smiths Ring

    All that for 1% better nq rate!

    Won't be getting these, it'll go nicely with my didn't-get crafting signs.

  5. #5
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Sad thing is, one of the best uses for this would seem to be....getting guild points!

    Can't tell you the number of times I've had to craft a base weapon for a subsequent alchemy synth, only to HQ it and not be able to use it in the actual gp synth I need.

    Should have been 50k at the most (though the mention of 40k seemed to make the most sense).

  6. #6
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: Smiths Ring

    80k probably makes the most sense out of cooking. id easily have paid 100k for this. i plan to buy mine as soon as my freakin update finishes different crafts should have gotten different prices depending on how much theyd get out of it i suppose.

    another thing i like about it is the extra 1% chance in success. several GP items dont have an HQ value or their HQ isn't really worth more than their NQ and you need to make the same number either way.

  7. #7
    Tan
    Tan is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Would have been nice for something like Imperial Wootz Ingots for skill ups but w/ the whole them dropping in einherjar now they might not be worth it anymore

  8. #8
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Ghey as hell, I'll level Cooking on my mule to make Buffalo Jerky for Carbonara.

  9. #9
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    82
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    All that for 1% better nq rate!

    Won't be getting these, it'll go nicely with my didn't-get crafting signs.
    Lol, you always know best aurik! Enjoy your HQ darksteel items for cursed synths, kaman +1s for lightning bows, and a wide variety of other things. Not to mention watching yourself HQ elemental ores, or breaking them when that extra 1% success rate you could have had would have saved you. You don't know because you don't have it, and this isn't another "voodoo" based practice or anything else. It's a useful crafting tool with simply stated properties that can be VERY useful.

  10. #10
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    All that for 1% better nq rate!

    Won't be getting these, it'll go nicely with my didn't-get crafting signs.
    Lol, you always know best aurik! Enjoy your HQ darksteel items for cursed synths, kaman +1s for lightning bows, and a wide variety of other things. Not to mention watching yourself HQ elemental ores, or breaking them when that extra 1% success rate you could have had would have saved you. You don't know because you don't have it, and this isn't another "voodoo" based practice or anything else. It's a useful crafting tool with simply stated properties that can be VERY useful.
    he couldnt possibly use one of his craft mules with x craft as a sub, not main to nq those synths

  11. #11
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    82
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    All that for 1% better nq rate!

    Won't be getting these, it'll go nicely with my didn't-get crafting signs.
    Lol, you always know best aurik! Enjoy your HQ darksteel items for cursed synths, kaman +1s for lightning bows, and a wide variety of other things. Not to mention watching yourself HQ elemental ores, or breaking them when that extra 1% success rate you could have had would have saved you. You don't know because you don't have it, and this isn't another "voodoo" based practice or anything else. It's a useful crafting tool with simply stated properties that can be VERY useful.
    he couldnt possibly use one of his craft mules with x craft as a sub, not main to nq those synths
    True, for some synths, yet again I've tier 0'd 4 kamans while making them for woodworking synths. The ring is more useful for some jobs than others, but I just got one for my goldsmither. I can finally synth platinum rings (lvl 70 goldsmithing) without having to worry about tier 2 HQ (tier 1 if i remove my 150k GP item) and with a slightly lower chance to break than normal. Same goes for mythril rings, gold rings, etc. See what I'm getting at? Aurik made it sound like it's a worthless item when it's not, can't say I'm surprised he has fanboi's like yourself already defending him.

  12. #12
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    All that for 1% better nq rate!

    Won't be getting these, it'll go nicely with my didn't-get crafting signs.
    I won't be getting this ring either. If I was a clothcrafter doing peace capes and shit I would, but there is absolutely nothing as a smither that I need this for.

  13. #13
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    77
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Wait til you HQ 3 straight Kunwu ore/sheet synths or a few moly sheets and see if you feel the same way. I used mine yesterday and went 3/3 on Luisant synths. 2/2 on body 1/1 on legs after not HQing any of the foolish sheets or ingots. I love it already, its the one thing ive always hated with crafting. Also when making Darksteel gear to make thick or cursed it helps a lot. Darksteel solleretes +1 good times!!

  14. #14
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    884
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Smiths Ring

    I wont be getting this ring either. Oh wait, I quit!

  15. #15
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Smiths Ring

    hello skeet i missed you dearly

  16. #16
    Sanoske
    Guest

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Come back to me Skeet.

    I got this ring as soon as I got on. It will be nice for Peace Capes, and the occasional other small things I dont want to HQ and feel like I "wasted" a t0/1/etc HQ. I know I'm going to be anal and use this when I make Rainbow Cloths if I ever do Prism Capes again... HQing cloths/threads always drove me nuts.

    I also plan on getting this for my Leathercraft mule eventually. For things like Tiger gear and other various things that I wouldnt want to HQ.

  17. #17
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    77
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Smiths Ring

    For how cheap and painless you can get 80k GP in smithing it pays for itself in no time at all i think. I think its a must for cloth though. Leather its very helpful for maybe Behemoth leathers and tiger stuff?

  18. #18
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Smiths Ring

    I'm thinking that, as an Alchemist, I can charge a higher rate for synthing Hakutaku Clusters once I get this item. Woohoo! 15k instead of 10. Regardless, I'm a completist and will get the damn thing to go with my "Here's your sign."

  19. #19
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Probably too early for this, but has anyone done any tests on the HQ prevention affect while wearing the ring from another guild? Obviously the 1% success bonus wouldn't apply, but I'm kind of hoping the HQ stopper will. A lot of the base weapons I need for Alchemy are Smithing based, but I don't really want to have to get the Smith's Ring.

    Hubie, can you use your smith's ring to test a few dozen synths on something cheap and inexpensive in another craft? Maybe like Tsurara if your alchemy sub is capped.

  20. #20
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Smiths Ring

    Anyone able to reply with the level they are available for purchase?

    Hopefully they're there from the get-go, but you never know with SE.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Smithing past 66
    By Daemonxel in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2005-06-10, 16:00