Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1. #1
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    So I got jailed by accident

    Surprising, or maybe not, I was jailed by GMs unintentionally. I play on Xbox360, if it's somehow important in this story.

    Last night, my LS was about to start handing out hourglasses in Buburimu when suddenly I instantly get booted off FFXI. During that whole in-POL, but can still try to log back in I got a message that literally said "Cannont log into Playonline for some reason". So I go all the way back to the first menu and try to log in, it prevents me from going into POL, but sends me straight to GM chat. At this point I'm thinking I probably got banned over something silly or the STF has taken interest in me getting a Shining Cloth recently when usually I'm extremely poor.

    So I wait for my turn which painfully takes around 40 minutes. Finally I enter a chat with a GM, Promethus(or something similar), and he has me wait another 5 minutes while he "reviews the status my account". Finally he says "It seems your account has been confused with another one. You can now log in". I LOL'd and tried to take a picture with my cellphone, but it has shitty menus, so I don't think I saved it right.

    When logging back in, I get another GM call within POL, so I answer it. This time it's from GM Claudius(spelling likely off). He basically says the same thing, only "There seems to be no reason for your account to be jailed."

    After all that mess, I finally log back in Buburimu roughly an hour later.


    Has this ever happened to anyone else? Good lord...

  2. #2
    Ashira
    Guest

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    Can't say it has but someone in my LS recently got some mistells from a GM. It was rather amusing, esp since she was JP and the GM was NA. :D

  3. #3
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    I got MT'ed from a GM but it wasn't completely random. I reported a guy for tele-hacking mining points and held the GM's hand while I showed him how to confirm the guy was underneath the zone >.<; anyway the GM wouldn't tell me what he was going to do and only said I'll investigate, and then 15min later he mt me something like: "You may attempt to log in again after 72 hrs to recieve the final status of your account" or some shit.

    *edit* found SS

    When I sent tell askign if he got him 5 min later its cause I notice Lymenia dissapear from search, and I sent tell to see if the GM was still around or if he just leave the server after report like they normally do.

    http://www.fuergrissa.net/phpgallery...g2_itemId=1146

  4. #4
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    Is there like a secret to get GMs to actually jail/ban people for blatant POS hacking and MPKing?

    I've reported the prime avatar farming RMTs who I watched walk up walls to get around rather quickly. I've reported a guy on WHM~40 in sky who Diaga'd a bunch of slept mobs and then logged out. All I get is "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I'll investigate this matter closely." And the fuckers are still there two hours later doing the same shit.

    They apparently can only nail people for buying low/selling high on the AH and randomly for no apparent reason.

  5. #5
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    GM's are only human (unless they're named Dave, in which case they're inhuman.):

  6. #6
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    During Kujata's first besieged there was a small /shout riot going on. Naturally, I felt it in my place to contribute. Once I was satisfied with my ammount of shouts I felt the need to walk out back behind my house and get me some nice apple juice. Blackmages love Apple Juice.

    Needless to say I came back, shouted about 3 more times for goodluck, and got jailed. I checked the log and supposedly a GM told everyone to stfu when I went outside.

    Waiting about 30 minutes in a place that look remarkably like the Horutoto Ruins, but with no way out, I contemplated my actions and wondered if it was worth the trouble to see a GM for the first time. After all, nothing was going to happen to me, right?

    Right.

    When the GM finally came she smacked my hand, I said sorry, then I proceeded to tell her how her shiny sparkling gloves lag the screen and in all honesty how money shouldn't go into funding sparkling gloves for s. I told her I'd much rather see funding go to battle music for mages, recycled weapon skins, and a video of Red mages meleeing with staves that has some untold importance but looks really, really silly if you watch it for long enough.

  7. #7
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    92
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Durotan

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    i just lol'd so hard irl XD

  8. #8
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    93
    BG Level
    2

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    I had this happen once.

    Just chilling in Upper Jeuno asleep. Wake up to find I'd been logged off. So I log in.... Mordion Gaol! After about 20 minutes, I get a GM who has no clue why I'm there and warps me out. This was in 05, but very very weird.

  9. #9
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    In related news, one of my LS members who plays on PS2 was apparently banned 2 weeks ago. While I'm normally skeptical of everything, 3PP is obviously ruled out, and he honestly did not have the gear to back up being a gilbuyer(he could barely afford Limbus without farming Beast Blood and such a few hours before it). He received a LM-17 suspension, which I guess used to be the code for temp bans, but now is used for both temp and perm(not sure, never been banned or knew anyone who was).

    When he spoke to S-E they wouldn't tell him why he was suspended, and wouldn't confirm whether he was temp banned or permanently gone, they told him to wait until the end of the month and see if his account is billed, if he isn't he's banned, if he is to call back(gogo S-E customer service!). While I know there's always a reasonable chance he was into something we don't know about, I really do think there was some sort of mix-up on STF's part here.

    Anyways, that's my story.

  10. #10
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    605
    BG Level
    5

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    I didn't get jailed, but I'd say its worse.

    My comp decided to die on me, so I couldn't effectively play ffxi (I hate playing on Xbox beyond crafting) so I decided to put holds on my accounts so nothing weird happened to them.

    Well my comp is fixed soon, and I decided to start them back up.

    They deleted my main. Yay.

    Now in 3-5 business days I get to find out how much gear and money I lost. :rocl:

  11. #11
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    70
    BG Level
    2

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    I has it.
    I had it!?

  12. #12
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    808
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    Well to start off, my PS2 is sorta ghetto, it freezes when I enter certain zones, and those zones usually change each major patch. Back before I got my laptop I had to get a friend to move me through those zones if I wasn't paying attention or something and went into one of those zones accidentally. These zones have included important ones such as port jeuno, rolanberry, west ron, and al zahbi.

    One time I called a GM from POL to get my character moved because none of the people I trusted with my info were online(I wasn't expecting them to actually do it), I got a really nice GM(Gennisis or something) and he said he would take care of it, not sure if he was allowed to do that but oh well .

    I then went to get something to eat while he worked his magic and came back about an hour later. I logged on in mordion, and the super nice GM was nowhere to be found, so I just waited there until a GM answered my call. They asked why I was there and I told them why, they didn't believe me and told me to wait until they asked the other GM.

    About another 30mins later the second GM came back and said ok you're all clear, sent me to my HP, and off I was to enjoy the rest of my day.

  13. #13
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    What does "It's Wizard" mean?

  14. #14
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,102
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    I was preparing for Limbus and we were doing the final check to see if everyone was there and set to enter before trade.

    Then Suddenly! one of the players disappered from party/screen. After a talk with the GM the player was warped back to his homepoint; after some more talking the GM put him back with the group and then we entered.

    Story goes the GM wanted a player with a name very similar to him and grabbed the wrong one.


    Related to the mining; A friend of mine frequenly reports POS hackers whenever he is on Mt. Z. and usually gets everything taken care of in less then an hour. If only he could just bypass the middle-man.

  15. #15
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    What does "It's Wizard" mean?
    It's cool, or super neat, or awesome, fantastic, boss, groovy, marv, far out, mega, tubular...

  16. #16
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,228
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: So I got jailed by accident

    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    What does "It's Wizard" mean?
    It means you somehow actually liked Star Wars Ep 1.

  17. #17
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Check my signature, lol

  18. #18
    They're just like us
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Oh god the necro.

    Whats worse is I was reading some posts going 'this is really familiar' before I check the dates.

  19. #19
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Oops lol O.O
    Necro bumping sorry lol
    Was using the search function and this thread popped up, never looked at the dates ><

  20. #20
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    It's still pretty amusing to hear these stories. :D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So I got some Relic armor the other day~
    By Carnusty in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2007-07-20, 04:46
  2. So I got booted from an assault group today..
    By Akanei in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2007-03-03, 02:02
  3. So who got bagged?
    By Ryko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 2006-12-27, 18:04
  4. So Wafik got a Mandau...
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 2006-07-26, 13:25
  5. So I got a pet Penguin...
    By Gulkeeva in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2006-06-27, 14:00
  6. i got hacked by ...
    By Raiko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2005-09-16, 04:58