FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Zenless Zone Zero (PC/Consoles/iOS) - The Next Genshin Impact - 2024

Developed by miHoYo (Genshin Impact/Honkai Impact 3rd)
    Zenless Zone Zero is a brand-new game IP set in a post-apocalyptic metropolitan city. It features an engaging story with a futuristic art style, distinctive characters, and an exhilarating action-orientated combat system. Players will play the role of a “Proxy” and embark on an adventure with a diverse group of partners to conquer the unknown enemies and unravel the mysteries in New Eridu—the last shelter for urban civilization.

Contemporary civilization has been destroyed by a supernatural disaster known as the “Hollows.” They grow exponentially out of thin air, creating disordered dimensions where mysterious monsters dubbed the “Ethereal” roam. New Eridu, the last urban civilization that survived the apocalypse, managed to thrive by acquiring the technology to extract valuable resources out of the Hollows.

As New Eridu became the city of miracle and attracted more resettled residents, it also started the massive exploration of the Hollows for its perpetual expansion. The Hollows then became industrialized and monetized under the city’s administration, which gradually led to the increasing tension between monopolistic enterprises, gangs, conspirators, and fanatics.

Players in the game take on the role of a “Proxy”—a special professional who guides people in their exploration of Hollows. A great many people want to enter the Hollows for their own various reasons, and the “Proxies” are their indispensable partners. Players will help them explore the Hollows, battle their enemies, achieve their goals, and in the process learn more about their story.

Besides the engaging story, this 3D anime-style title features a fluid, cinematic action-oriented combat system. While fighting Ethereal, players can take control of different characters to unleash electrifying skills and unlimited QTE combos. The game has also developed a roguelike gameplay mechanism that awaits exploration.
    https://zenless.hoyoverse.com/

A beta (tuning test) is currently open for sign-ups for PC & iOS

https://zenless.hoyoverse.com/en-us/news/102133

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

More like HI3 upgrade or Punishing Grey Raven, from what the promo shows.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Video shows off the hub and a boss battle where the player swaps characters in and out similar to Genshin.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Game looks like a mix between Honkai 3rd stage system/combat (with strong empasis on evasion/parry) but with other systems a little more streamlined like in Genshin/Star Rail.

Animations are looking really cool too. Hoyoverse is just getting better and better with each game at this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yep, HI3 with artifacts. I suppose if you like the world, it can be fun, but it's not that different from Genshin play style, so I'll likely pass.

Hard pass for me. I tried the beta the combat is a bit repetivite and thats the only thing that was fun. The rest of the game in between the combat is boring which a lot of the game.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I played the previous beta a bit, and it reminded me of HI3 in the wrong ways. Spammy combat, lacks weight and impact. The TV puzzle bullshit in between was driving me nuts. Probably passing on this one.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Yep, HI3 with artifacts. .
    In other words, a downgrade

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Hard pass for me. I tried the beta the combat is a bit repetivite and thats the only thing that was fun. The rest of the game in between the combat is boring which a lot of the game.
    Ehh, that stucks. But even looking at the videos I could feel the combat was missing something interesting.

Plus I'm not really vibing with the style/theme too, so I guess no loss there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quick Reply Quick Reply