Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    HQ with sub craft question

    I was going to keep it general but I think it's better to go right in with specifics. we are making

    iron bullets: alchem45/smithing22

    Lets take 2 different players

    John has: 100alchem/60smith
    Joe has: 76alchem/60smith


    -------------------------------
    I read two different theories so far

    theory 1: John and Joe is both in tier 2, they both have equal chances of HQ

    theory 2: John has 1/2x1/4 chances of HQ, Joe has 1/4*1/4 changes of HQ

    -------------------------------

    Which theory is right? Does Joe gain anything from lvling alchem higher to 96 for this synth?

  2. #2
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I'd actually like to know how we discovered these tiers... I've yet to figure it out.

    I can't help but want to think that someone with 100+3 will do better on a level 99 synth than someone with 99 + 0. But according to the tier theory, they won't.

    Where/how was this data found?

  3. #3
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    222
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    some ala poster claimed to have done tests in 2004 or 2005. im skeptical about all crafting theories myself, idc what ppl claim to have tested.

  4. #4
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Sifer View Post
    some ala poster claimed to have done tests in 2004 or 2005. im skeptical about all crafting theories myself, idc what ppl claim to have tested.
    I can't help but think 100 + 3 + 3 + moglification + overwhelming dark energy will help me with cursed mail -1 attempts, so I'm going to wait.

    I'll face the right direction on the right day, too

  5. #5
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    data found?

    I am not sure what you are asking me. I thought i was the one asking the question. lol Data found...? I am not stating any data... i am asking a question. Or do you mean how did I come up with these 2 theories?

    first theory is well known, right? ur 31 above a cap, ur in tier 2. ur sub craft is governing overall HQ rate, because it's smallest over cap.

    second theory i see someone posting on this forum, i would have to look where, but they stated that a chance of HQ is 1/2*1/4. main*sub.

    if one can state 1/2*1/4 to exist, then one must be able to incur that 1/4*1/4 also exist.

    if i find that statement i will post it.

  6. #6
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by sixstitches View Post
    I am not sure what you are asking me. I thought i was the one asking the question. lol Data found...? I am not stating any data... i am asking a question. Or do you mean how did I come up with these 2 theories?

    first theory is well known, right? ur 31 above a cap, ur in tier 2. ur sub craft is governing overall HQ rate, because it's smallest over cap.

    second theory i see someone posting on this forum, i would have to look where, but they stated that a chance of HQ is 1/2*1/4. main*sub.

    if one can state 1/2*1/4 to exist, then one must be able to incur that 1/4*1/4 also exist.

    if i find that statement i will post it.
    I understand your question, but you're asking about two different theories and I was just trying to see if anyone know where the proof behind these theories are, because like the two examples you posted, the two people crafting my level 99 example would be in the same tier, which doesn't seem right.

  7. #7
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    ah.. ok

    I see, ur just asking addisional questions. I can definately say that 51 over cap produces another tier, I am a firm believer in this one. this part i can put to rest. anyway.

    I track 100s of synthesis on a spreadsheet. I make a living selling bolts, so I do 200+ synth in a batch. What I notice is that it yields about %60 more. bolts are lvl16 WW. I am lvl 79. I get anywhere from .58 - .60 in extra yield. Meaning if I was setup to make 100 quivers, I usually end up with 160 quivers.

    Now, If I turn to do Shihei lvl 29, I go for advance support, which puts me to 82, what I notice over 100s of syns... my yield is around 1.50

    for bolts i am 60+ over cap.
    for shihei i am 50+ with support.

    time and time again my spreadsheet say .60 for bolts and .50 for shihei.

    if there are no other tiers than 50%, shouldn't the yield be about same for 50+ and 60+?


    ---------------------------

    getting sided tracked. basic questions remain... does the two crafter yield same %?

  8. #8
    Egyptian Goddess
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    194
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    I'm more curious about whether or not having the subcraft higher afects the chances of an HQ. If my WW is 60 and Bonecraft is only 8.. what is the chance I have at HQing a Power Bow, or will it even HQ at all because the subcraft is just above the correct level?

    Power Bow: Woodworking28 Bonecraft7

  9. #9
    Fishing Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,722
    BG Level
    7

    Has this topic really gone this far? Read the sticky, the HQ rate is the lowest tier based on whatever craft/subcraft unless I missed something.

    For multicraft items, the HQ rate is based on the lowest gap between enhanced skill and recipe cap. That is, if you have a multicraft item where you are T1 on 2 craftskills and T0 on the 3rd, the entire item will have a T0 HQ rate.

    T0 rate seems to be somewhere between 1 and 3%. Some people predict 1/64.
    T1 rate seems to be somewhere between 5 and 10%. Some people predict 1/16
    T2 rate is about 25%. (1/4)
    T3 rate is about 50%. (1/2)

  10. #10
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    thanks

    so basically they both are in T2, and no such thing as 1/2*1/4

  11. #11
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    246
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Has this topic really gone this far? Read the sticky, the HQ rate is the lowest tier based on whatever craft/subcraft unless I missed something.
    Unless you are synthing Siren's Macrame - in which case you will get HQ animation 7/10 times, but you don't gain any yield due to it. Wish I had that same luck with Prism Capes

  12. #12
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    The sticky is called "Read before you ask any stupid crafting questions" and this is a stupid crafting questions.

    Clearly you've failed. Stop sucking.

Similar Threads

  1. Random Crafting Question Thread I: HQ secret cracked!
    By BerenTebogo in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 1684
    Last Post: 2013-12-26, 16:40
  2. Over 60 Craft Question
    By Alpsyche in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2007-10-06, 11:32
  3. Somewhat noob crafting question
    By Keltiks in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2007-04-18, 16:05
  4. Easiest way to find out sub craft skill levels?
    By Wort in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-03-05, 00:49
  5. stuipd crafting question
    By DoubleD in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2006-05-25, 10:27
  6. !!A few crafting questions!!
    By RARARARARARA in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2005-12-24, 11:07
  7. Smithing sub-crafts
    By in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-08-25, 06:47