+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avatar Studios     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Nickelodeon revealed the arrival of Avatar Studios, an entire division dedicated to creating animated series and movies based on Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Oh, and the original creators are along for the ride.

Avatar creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are going to lead Avatar Studios. The content their team creates will arrive on Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access), Nickelodeon’s various platforms, third-party streaming platforms, and in theaters.
    “Creator-driven stories and characters have long been the hallmarks of Nickelodeon, and Avatar Studios is a way to give Mike and Bryan the resources and runway to open up their imaginations even more and dive deeper into the action and mythology of Avatar as we simultaneously expand upon that world and the world of content available on Paramount+ and Nickelodeon,” said Brian Robbins, President of ViacomCBS Kids & Family.
    The creators were similarly enthusiastic. “It’s hard to believe it’s been 19 years since we created Avatar: The Last Airbender. But even after all that time, there are still many stories and time periods in Aang’s world that we are eager to bring to life,” said Konietzko and DiMartino. “We are fortunate to have an ever-growing community of passionate fans that enjoys exploring the Avatarverse as much as we do. And with this new Avatar Studios venture we have an unparalleled opportunity to develop our franchise and its storytelling on a vast scale, in myriad exciting ways and mediums.”
    Also:
    The World of Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Getting an Animated Feature Film
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-world-of...n-a-1846349722

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Hell yes. Glad Netflix fucked up so Bryan, Michael and Nickelodeon could make this happen. I wonder if they'll finally animate the comics after TLA or do new stories.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'd imagine new stories? Unless the comics are sooo fucking good fans won't shut up about it. It's kinda baffling Viacom/Nick has let this IP go dormant for so long. Excited to see more Avatar stuff.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If they want to keep telling stories using Aang, it's hard to do so without animating the comics. The one that immediately comes to mind is Zuko and Azula's mom. Her fate has been addressed in the comics, but if you didn't read them, that was one of the big questions at the end of the show, so it'd be weird to go from that question to having an off-screen resolution.

I guess they could jump ahead like ten years or something, then it'd be less relevant.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1550630562049687552

https://twitter.com/NickAnimation/st...15491114319873

Allegedly the first film was going to be about Kyoshi but I guess something changed. Korra was reported to be the focus of a 3rd animated film.

Though Janet Varney's video is p much Korra holding the Rise of Kyoshi book talking about the Aang gang announcement.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Dunno how reliable a source this is, but:

Avatar Studios is working on the next Avatar after Aang and Korra. An original animated streaming series set in the future after The Legend of Korra, following the next earth Avatar in the cycle, is coming to Paramount+ in 2025.
    https://avatarnews.co/post/704388959...nimated-series

First: the big picture. Starting in 2025, Avatar Studios will release an animated movie to theaters AND an animated show on Paramount+ every year.

The Zuko movie still exists and is separate from the adult Gaang movie.

The Kyoshi movie still exists and is now undated.
    https://avatarnews.co/post/704475347...l-consist-of-a

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

It's allegedly sourced well with anonymous individuals in Avatar Studios. But take with a grain of salt because who knows how much the streaming landscape can change in the next 2 years that the budget gets yoinked before any sort of official Paramount announcement of a series.