Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: CCC codec +VLC     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    CCC codec +VLC

    Hi, some Animes, (aka the old Valkyria Chronicles when made by Ayako) and the version i download of Code Geass, come seperated, what i mean is simple.

    You have 3 files to download, The opening, the Anime and the Ending, and if i play then anime in VLC it shows me like 1min30 without subtitles then reboot.

    So i installed Combined community codec. to "fusion the 3 Videos" and everything is working A01 as for now.

    The only problem is that i hate Zoom Player that comes with it, it bugs my videos and everything. So i wanted to know if there's a way to make VLC compatible with that codec, of if you know any codec compatible with VLC that does the same thing.

    Thx

  2. #2
    The Dazzler
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    BG Level
    6

    Media Player Classic Homecinema comes with CCCP as well. I would suggest trying that as I've not had any problems with it.

  3. #3
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Do you use the default database subtitle with it?

    Because even if i activate the subtitle from the anime i can't see any subtitles with taht program

  4. #4
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Do you use the default database subtitle with it?

    Because even if i activate the subtitle from the anime i can't see any subtitles with taht program

    Hmm, that's odd, as I've never had any issues with it either. I don't even install the other media player with CCC though, always just use the Classic. I dislike VLC though, so don't think I'd be much help in this case. Can always ask on the CCCP forums.

  5. #5
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryssan View Post
    Hmm, that's odd, as I've never had any issues with it either. I don't even install the other media player with CCC though, always just use the Classic. I dislike VLC though, so don't think I'd be much help in this case. Can always ask on the CCCP forums.


    Fixed damn windows 7

  6. #6
    The Dazzler
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah, there's a codec change inside the program you have to do for Windows 7. I probably should have included that above.

  7. #7
    Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,569
    BG Level
    6

    1) This isn't a codec issue. Codecs are for decoding the audio and video after they've been extracted from the files, your problem is with the splitter that comes with VLC that can't handle MKV files with external chapters. CCCP installs both codecs and splitters for various formats, but...

    2) VLC uses neither your system codecs nor your system splitter, it has its own self-contained libraries for handling the various video formats it supports. This is an upside when you lack various codecs, but it's a downside when you don't, which is why...

    3) You shouldn't use VLC for anything that requires complex features like external chapters or softsubs, because their built-in libraries are pretty lowest-common-denominator.

  8. #8
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    101
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Few things to note VLC sucks never use it.

    It sounds like your downloading from thora which their releases are specially created for the coreavc codac. If you download their evangelion1.11 1080p without it and watch the entire thing closely you will see what I mean.

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

    Download and install that with all the instructions. If you already installed everything do it again just to make sure. Includes MPC + CCCP + Coreavc + a few other possibly useless but it makes stuff work codacs.

    Slow pcs use regular mpc + overlay renderer. Fast pcs with a real video card use mpc-hc with EVR custom. I think that is extra step 7. Been along time and I need to rewrite this guide. Everything ever should work for you then except .rmvb videos but no one cares about them anyway. Ordered chapters aswell.

    Remember to read the instructions and not to install the halli that is included in coreavc. Also dont skip on disabling h264 in cccp.

    If you use windows 7 I read there might be some problems. Best solution if this happens is to do one of these or both. When you prefer the coreavc codac make sure to prefer directvobsub aswell so the subs appear. If that doesnt work I hear the newest beta of cccp might do the trick. I dont use windows 7 so its just what I heard works.

    Also restating VLC sucks, never use it.

  9. #9
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Fixed problem with the new CCC Beta Pack

  10. #10
    The Dazzler
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah, by the codec thing I mentioned above I actually meant filter. I couldn't remember exactly what I changed but the preferring DirectVobSob definitely fixes the subs in Windows 7 (in addition to the beta).

Similar Threads

  1. VLC player and loading mp4/subtitle files.
    By Eaglestrike in forum Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2018-07-05, 16:46
  2. Codecs
    By Purrrfect in forum Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-05-03, 03:58
  3. Best Codec for vent?
    By Tekki in forum Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-09-21, 10:46
  4. Any decent video codecs to encode as?
    By Kaisha in forum Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2008-04-23, 08:20
  5. Codec Help
    By The_OG_Nelta in forum Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2007-09-01, 21:36