Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: NAT problems     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    NAT problems

    I have been trying to set up my router so me and my brother can play Modern Warfare 2.

    I had the DMZ turned on, and I was connecting fine with an open NAT, but since changing the DMZ to my brother's xbox IP, it's only connecting him as moderate, and through port forwarding is only connecting my xbox to moderate. It also told me that port 80 on TCP was taken, which is 1 of the ports the xbox needs.

    Main question, how can I make my router have 2 (3 if I could) open NAT so I can actually play Modern Warfare 2.

    (Router is Netgear DG834PN)

  2. #2
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,599
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    For your router:

    Your gonna wanna login to the router ( http://192.168.0.1 ).

    Username : admin
    Password : password

    On the left under Security, click Services.

    You need to create rules to allow the following ports for Modern Warfare 2 (these should be the same for PC / PS3 / xbox, except you DO NOT need the Steam rules).

    Steam Client
    UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
    UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
    TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)

    Dedicated or Listen Servers
    TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

    In addition to the required ports for Steam, Modern Warfare 2 requires the following ports for multiplayer:
    UDP 1500 (outbound)
    UDP 3005 (outbound)
    UDP 3101 (outbound)
    UDP 28960
    Hopefully this works for you and you do not need to be more specific, since I wouldnt know how you can unblock ports that go need to go to 2 destinations.

  3. #3
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Well that seemed to work for me, thanks!

  4. #4
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    997
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I have a NAT 3 type for my PS3 but I'm still able to play MW2. Should I try to change it and if so, how do I do that? My router is a Linksys WRT54G .

  5. #5
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,599
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    I have a NAT 3 type for my PS3 but I'm still able to play MW2. Should I try to change it and if so, how do I do that? My router is a Linksys WRT54G .
    if its not broke, dont fix it.