Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Borked PSP     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Borked PSP

    I'm not sure what the hell happened, but it seems like my PSP is broken (well...obviously). The thing is, whenever you do something, like touch the screen or press start/select, it acts like you're hitting the home button. Which is annoying, but I can still listen to music and play games. I just wonder if there's a way to fix it, or anyone I should send it into to fix it (bar Sony - I haven't sent something in before, so I'm unsure if the process is quick/painless).

    I ask because this isn't actually my PSP, and I don't want to give it back to my friend broken.

  2. #2
    Drunken Red Mage
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,907
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Sounds like you shorted it out. I had the same fucking thing happen to mine after charging it up after having it sit in my computer desk drawer for half a year. Unless you want to break the warranty seal and replace circuit boards you're fucked. :/

  3. #3
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    So basically...get it fixed (send it to Sony) and/or replaced, huh? Oh well, it's been like 5 years since I got it, so good run I guess.

  4. #4
    Drunken Red Mage
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,907
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Sadly, yes. I refuse to pay Sony another $100 for a system that was broken from fucking plugging it in so I'd rather use it as a paper weight.