• Navigation
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Video Card changed to standard VGA graphic adapter

    I did a clean install from Vista to Windows 7 on my laptop. My old card is GeForce 8400M GT. I went to upgrade some drivers, and I saw that my display is now standard VGA graphic adapter. I tried uninstalling it and downloading the drivers of my video card, but I can't install it because it said my hardware isn't compatible. My system info for display says:

    Property: Value
    Video Adapter: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    Code Name: G86M
    Video Processor: NVIDIA
    Technology: 80 nm
    Adapter DAC Type: 8 bit
    PCI ID: 0x10DE / 0x0426 (Nvidia Corp / GeForce 8400M GT)
    PCI sub ID: 0x104D / 0x9005 (Sony Corp)
    Memory: 256 MBytes
    Type: GDDR3
    Memory Bus Width: 128 bits
    BIOS String Version: 60.86.45.00.41
    BIOS Date: 08/31/07
    Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385
    Core Temperature : 77 °C (170 °F)
    DirectX: DirectX 9.0
    Driver Name: vga.dll
    Driver Description: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    Monitor: Generic Non-PnP Monitor
    PnP Device Id: DISPLAY\DEFAULT_MONITOR\5&3C26589&1&12345678&01&00
    Current Resolution: 1280 x 800 @ N/A

    I'm not sure if the card can't be run on win 7 or if there's anyway to load my old card.

  2. #2
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,658
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    If your video card is 8400M GT

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...7.16_whql.html (32 bit)

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...7.75-whql.html (64 bit)

    You may need to download motherboard/chipset drivers first from your manufacturer's website.

    You can also try to just install the video drivers while the default windows ones are still installed. Sometimes when you uninstall the previous drivers, it will seem like there's no hardware there, so the setup programs won't even complete.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-08-22, 20:02
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009-01-31, 19:26
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2008-11-28, 23:11
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-02-06, 20:25