Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Installing FFXI on second hard drive

    Probably belongs in tech, but here goes. Just finished building a new computer with an SSD and a 1 TB HDD. I installed Windows, Mozilla, and some other key files on the SSD and now I'd like to start installing games, etc. on the HDD. I put in the Vanadiel Collection DVD 2007 and selected my E: drive as the installation location (HDD). However, the installation only takes like a minute and the total folder size is only ~350 mb. When I put in the WotG disc, it says that FFXI is not installed and that I can't proceed.

    When I try to run POL, I get the following error:

    Error code = 20008003
    PlayOnline Viewer cannot run under current operating system.

    Can someone please give me a hand. Just built my first computer yesterday and am still pretty green when it comes to tech.

    EDIT: Running Windows 7 64bit

  2. #2
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,606
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    4

    Scootched over to Tech.

  3. #3
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,315
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    First, are you running the Vista (and beyond) version of Playonline Viewer?
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...l?pageID=media

    The official method of installation does call for Playonline to be installed first, so that may be part of the problem.

  4. #4
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I was following the instructions here:
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...l?pageID=media

    I downloaded the Vista/7 compatible POL viewer then installed it to my HDD on the E: drive. When I run the Collection Edition DVD, I get the following error:

    "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue."

    If I reverse the process (Disc first then Vista/7 POL update) I get the same issue.

  5. #5
    Robbb
    Guest

    Did you by any chance try installing the game before downloading the Windows 7 compatibility? I installed the entire game before finding out I had to download the thing from SE's website. I went to install/uninstall programs and uninstalled it, then redownloaded windows 7 playonline and then installed the games from the dvds and it worked fine for me.

  6. #6
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Ended up taking a roundabout but faster way of fixing it (thanks Jags). Transferred the entire POL folder (~10 gigs) from my old computer over my network. Then deleted the PlayOnline sub folder and replaced it with the one from SE's website. My buddy sent me a reg file and a batch file that I ran and presto, working FF.

Similar Threads

  1. Re-installing ffxi on Xbox 360
    By Renzy in forum Tech
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2010-05-19, 00:20
  2. Installing Win7 on new Hard Drive
    By Jotaru in forum Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-11-16, 17:38
  3. Installing ffxi on the pc
    By EternalSnow in forum Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-04-24, 18:30
  4. Just installed FFXI on vista laptop
    By Taera in forum Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-01-11, 14:37
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2008-05-02, 16:29
  6. Installing FFXI on a 2nd HD
    By pirahna1 in forum Tech
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2007-04-13, 22:33