Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Matrix 4: Resurrections (December 22, 2021)

The Wachowskis have begun the pre-development
    A huge rumor has just hit the internet originating from our friends at Latino-Review. They claim that the Wachowski siblings are planning a brand new trilogy for The Matrix. If that's true, how freakin' amazing would that be?! According to the site,

We’ve been told that the Wachowskis have already started the writing process with early treatments and outlines already turned into the studio. No word if they will want to direct but my money says 'Claro Que Si!'...

The derisive ending of the original Matrix trilogy [included] the bearded Architect suggesting that Neo wasn’t the first 'One,' opening the story world for prequels.
    There are obviously so many different directions that they could take this story. I just hope whatever they do is better than what they did with those last two Matrix films. It would make sense that the studio would want to make more of these films and expand the franchise. After all, the original trilogy made $1.632 billion for the studio.

There are no details on what the trilogy will be about, but one of the early outlines was about the birth of the Matrix. There's also no word on if anyone from the original films will be back to reprise their roles.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/new-matri...the-wachowskis
    http://latino-review.com/2014/02/exc...ilogy-horizon/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I personally enjoyed Reloaded and the first one. Revolutions was a bit meh.

Gonna be interesting to see where they go with these prequals.

requesting gif of neo stopping bullets in the first one and saying no. that is all

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

birth of the matrix could be cool. not sure how they'll be able to attach from the end of the OT, since i really don't understand the ending that well. it was pretty vague and kinda stupid. For a while I thought Zion was just another matrix layer, (matrix within the matrix omg!) but since they seemed to act like neo actually changed the cycle somehow, i wasnt sure, so idk. but then they had the oracle and the little sunrise program so the matrix is still running so i guess all he did was kill Smith, and so now the machines just don't try to kill the zioners? idk, man. idk.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Um really? Wasnt that hard to follow...

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Normally I'd say no but sure why not. Maybe the first one was so good cause it was so 90s. I guess they'll have to go back in time...

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm 100% down with this, I loved the trilogy. I wonder if they're going to bring any of the material from MxO.

Matrix Reloaded(Enter the Matrix) was also one of the best movie-based games I've ever played. Here's to hoping they reproduce that effort as well, with all the exclusive movie footage, canon, and so-on.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I've seen the trilogy and to me 1 is still a fun movie to watch every now and then. A few nights ago Reloaded was on tv and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to this.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Should've stopped after the first one.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Totally looking forward to it. I know it mentioned the "Birth of the Matrix" so that would be nice to see... but could also see them grabbing Keanu and doing a the next three as sequels since Oracle
    alluded to the fact that Neo may come back. Either way, pretty stoked... although not sure what they would do if they brought Neo back >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Should've stopped after the Animatrix.
    ftfy (although I think they started coming out about the same time, but meh).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Could be interesting, could be utter shit. We'll have to see.
    I didn't even hate the sequels at the time, but IMO the whole trilogy has aged poorly. By which I mean it greatly appealed to my late-teens/early 20s self, but not to my early 30s self.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Matrix Reloaded(Enter the Matrix) was also one of the best movie-based games I've ever played. Here's to hoping they reproduce that effort as well, with all the exclusive movie footage, canon, and so-on.
    Really? I never finished it, personally. Because I couldn't. Because it was buggy as hell and some event wouldn't trigger. On both paths (Niobe's and Ghost's).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    birth of the matrix could be cool. not sure how they'll be able to attach from the end of the OT, since i really don't understand the ending that well. it was pretty vague and kinda stupid. For a while I thought Zion was just another matrix layer, (matrix within the matrix omg!) but since they seemed to act like neo actually changed the cycle somehow, i wasnt sure, so idk. but then they had the oracle and the little sunrise program so the matrix is still running so i guess all he did was kill Smith, and so now the machines just don't try to kill the zioners? idk, man. idk.
    Yeah, Revolutions can be hard to follow. But basically the antagonist was always Agent Smith for the whole series. They just threw in a bunch of red herrings to make you think otherwise. Even if the machines wiped out Zion, Smith would take over the system. He was basically a virus. Thus killing smith had a mutual benefit for the machines and humans. The Dues Ex Machina would have been a dumbass to refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmada View Post
    Really? I never finished it, personally. Because I couldn't. Because it was buggy as hell and some event wouldn't trigger. On both paths (Niobe's and Ghost's).
    Yeah, I remember it being very buggy and unforgiving, but I was apparently a masochist at the time and beat it on Hard, even lol I just thought the movie integration was awesome, with the rewards outweighing the gameplay shortcomings.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Yeah, Revolutions can be hard to follow. But basically the antagonist was always Agent Smith for the whole series. They just threw in a bunch of red herrings to make you think otherwise. Even if the machines wiped out Zion, Smith would take over the system. He was basically a virus. Thus killing smith had a mutual benefit for the machines and humans. The Dues Ex Machina would have been a dumbass to refuse.
    Yeah, I thought the whole point of the trilogy, so to speak, was to point out how Neo basically made a deal: If the machines leave Zion alone, Neo will destroy Smith. I just figured there would be a lot of people staying in the Matrix because they really not only would be better off staying plugged in (couldn't handle reality), but Zion wouldn't be able to support everyone getting unplugged at the same time, not to forget that the machines wouldn't allow it. The deal would be temporary, as eventually, the machines would figure, Zion would grow large enough to pose a genuine threat to the machines should the humans decide to liberate humanity. While these movies are probably prequels, sequels would probably concern the war that must come once Zion grows past the point of being scared of the machines.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i prefer my matrix-within-the-matrix idea simply because it doesn't involve magic superpowers

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Yeah, I thought the whole point of the trilogy, so to speak, was to point out how Neo basically made a deal: If the machines leave Zion alone, Neo will destroy Smith. I just figured there would be a lot of people staying in the Matrix because they really not only would be better off staying plugged in (couldn't handle reality), but Zion wouldn't be able to support everyone getting unplugged at the same time, not to forget that the machines wouldn't allow it. The deal would be temporary, as eventually, the machines would figure, Zion would grow large enough to pose a genuine threat to the machines should the humans decide to liberate humanity. While these movies are probably prequels, sequels would probably concern the war that must come once Zion grows past the point of being scared of the machines.
    The Matrix Online's(MxO) story kinda goes in that direction, it starts off with them wanting Neo's remains back and the Merovingian's doing their usual dicking around. Eventually Zion builds a new fortified city and the machines destroy old Zion. Also Morpheus is killed by an assassin hired by the Merovingian's and later appears as a ghost in the Matrix.

I doubt they would do a sequel, technically the story continuation in MxO is supposed to be verified canon, the Wachowski's directed the MMO. There's much more breathing and wiggle room in a "birth of the matrix" concept. It makes me giddy from what I saw of the Animatrix.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    It makes me giddy from what I saw of the Animatrix.
    Yus, animatrix was awesome. "world record" scene was pretty cool. All of that shit was legit... I have the dvd.. gonna watch that shit when i wake up later lol

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

The story in MO was garbage and made little sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast