+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX) | VR (Labo)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...k3pdvq7i3v.bmp

Saw the first footage from the new Zelda for Wii U today. The game is intended to be a return to the feeling of the original Legend of Zelda where players are able to approach an open world and have the freedom to approach the challenges from many different angles. It sounds a lot like a cross between Skyrim and Zelda.

The breathtaking footage Nintendo showed today for its 2015 Wii U Zelda is real, a Nintendo rep tells me. I asked if it was pre-rendered. No, they said. It's in-engine. It's not a gameplay angle, for the most part, but what you saw is coming from Wii U-level hardware, it seems.
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-that-amaz...ine-1588740315

Currently planned for 2015 (expecting Holiday 2015)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

High rez screens
    Spoiler: show

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Y Link no Grn?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Assuming we can go off of his clothing.. this game may take place early in the time line, or somewhere in the "New World" timeline, perhaps?
    Looks fantastic though, hopefully they can pull it off big.

This is the trailer people lost their shit over? I'm happy as fuck there's a new Zelda and that it's open world but they didn't actually show anything worth being excited over (unless the Nintendo boys want to suddenly be like IT LOOKS GOOD--which it does). It was basically just that guy saying "hey here's open world zelda we couldn't do it before because our hardware sux," which is fine and then like 20 seconds of actual movement and shit happening.

Kinda sad there wasn't some actual game play, I thought they would've worked on this more so they could actually show some shit.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Kinda sad there wasn't some actual game play, I thought they would've worked on this more so they could actually show some shit.
    That clip was in-engine, so thats something at least.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Y Link no Grn?
    Spoilers we get the blue tunic early on in the game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Really want an open-world Zelda game, can't wait. Also I should buy a WiiU

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Someone noticed that Link's garbs sort of match Ganon's.
    Gerudo arc?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    This is the trailer people lost their shit over? I'm happy as fuck there's a new Zelda and that it's open world but they didn't actually show anything worth being excited over (unless the Nintendo boys want to suddenly be like IT LOOKS GOOD--which it does). It was basically just that guy saying "hey here's open world zelda we couldn't do it before because our hardware sux," which is fine and then like 20 seconds of actual movement and shit happening.

Dude, its an in game engine trailer; Its already more worth conversation then the majority of games shown at MSs conference. Open world to boot? They realized the Zelda formula was getting stale and changed it up, this is pretty exciting.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Dude, its an in game engine trailer; Its already more worth conversation then the majority of games shown at MSs conference. Open world to boot? They realized the Zelda formula was getting stale and changed it up, this is pretty exciting.
    I am sceptical about the open world reboot, i like open world games, but I REALLY doubt that any Japanese developer, even Nintendo, can pull of something like open world skyrim/GTA V or so. I didnt see any Japanese developer pull somethign off like that successfully. and the world doesnt look that big if that death mountain on the background is the finishing line of the world.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I would prefer the "open world" of Xenoblade. Zone lines don't bother me.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

The way it sounded to me was almost a Dark Souls-esque open world - they wanted you to be able to go to a lot of different places from the get-go and they also wanted these different places to connect with multiple other ones, not just one hub or one hallway type deal. Could open up shortcuts etc like DkS

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am sceptical about the open world reboot
    It's not like the Zelda series just originated with tossing you in the middle of nowhere, a guy in a nearby cave giving you a sword, and then "Go figure it out yourself".

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    It's not like the Zelda series just originated with tossing you in the middle of nowhere, a guy in a nearby cave giving you a sword, and then "Go figure it out yourself".
    Zelda was pretty much the first Open world game (since you can carry on forever if you miscount when going towards the 5th Dungeon?) oh Nintendo you've upset me today, so many beautiful games so long til you'll give them us

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    You say that, but the last Zelda game was set in the fucking SKY, and you still had a sidekick who stopped you every 15 seconds that there was a 78% chance that something obvious would happen when you touched the obvious thing would happen in front of you. Zelda's design approach has been extremely hand-holdy and just because they say 'open world' doesn't mean this suddenly becomes Morrowind.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    You say that, but the last Zelda game was set in the fucking SKY, and you still had a sidekick who stopped you every 15 seconds that there was a 78% chance that something obvious would happen when you touched the obvious thing would happen in front of you. Zelda's design approach has been extremely hand-holdy and just because they say 'open world' doesn't mean this suddenly becomes Morrowind.
    this, i dont mind exploring, its what makes the games fun, its what I like ALOT about skyrim. The latest zelda games had way too much of handholding, and everything started with that dumb fairy navi... I dont mind a Zelda story line that bring towards 8-12 dungeons or so, but for gods sake expand on the world and make it 10times bigger and fill it with ALOT of stuff ot explore...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You guys say latest zelda, but I don't recall anything like that in A Link Between Worlds.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The way they explained, I see it as an OoT type of exploration, if you ignored Navi. You're left to figure out what to do, but you'll need to solve puzzles and true to any Zelda games, some are impossible until you acquire the right tools.

So a 100% open world that you can explore, but not really until you start getting the fancy stuff like hookshot and the like. Totally not out of the ordinary, they're just promising a much larger scale with out artificial boundaries like curious walls that just happen to enclose the zone you're in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Well, technically, you could ignore Navi for parts (didn't have to finish Dodogo's Cavern before King Jabu Jabu's Belly; were free to complete the Forest, Fire, and Water temples in any order; could do Spirit before Shadow).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast