1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - June 20 2017

Coming to PC, Mac, & PS4, Set in Ala Migho, Level 70 Cap
    New Zone - Rhalgr’s Reach | New villain - XIIth Legion Legatus Zenos Yae Galvus

Spoiler: show

• Stormblood will explore Ala Mihgo. The main focus is to regain control of Ala Mihgo from the Garlean Empire. 20 years have passed since Garleans have had control. The main antagonist is Zenos Yae Galvus, XIIth Legion Legatus and de facto ruler of Ala Mihgo.
    • The Warrior of Light’s main job in 4.0 is Monk.
    • The area shown in teaser trailer is Rhalgr’s Reach, the HQ of Ala Migho’s main resistance.
    • Multiple new jobs will be discussed at future date. Producer Naoki Yoshida wore a t-shirt of Marvel’s Scarlet Witch, and said that was the only hint he’d give at this time, suggesting the addition of the Red Mage job.
    • There is a new level cap of 70 (for all classes). More actions for each job to go with the new cap. A revamped battle system will accompany the new actions.
    • Additional skill systems are to be overhauled, with skills shared by roles instead of jobs, and can choose from shared role ability options.
    • There will also be a reassessment of unused / ineffective actions. The example used is Dragoon’s Blood of the Dragon buff, where in 4.0 an icon / gauge showing how much time is left will be better visible on screen so players aren’t just staring at the current icon.
    • Stormblood will be a full standalone game’s worth of content. New areas will be introduced, comparable in size to Heavensward areas, as well as new Primals, including known names and all-new original-to-Final Fantasy XIV ones.
    • New Dungeons will be introduced with new battle and dungeon concepts. High-end raids to also be added, with the possibility of different stories depending on difficulty—normal on odd patches, savage on even.
    • New Alliance Raids will be added. Yoshida says it will be “very, very Final Fantasy.”
    • An expanded form of Exploration will be introduced: The Forbidden Land of Eureka, something different from Diadem and will expand its own entire area, unique to Stormblood. There might even be Notorious Monsters that only appear once every 72 hours. Eureka may also be used for next set of high-end weapons, akin to Relic / Anima, rather than upgrades in “normal areas.”
    • New Gear and Recipes will be added, including winners of the Fan’s Gear Design Contest.
    • Item Inventory will be expanded. They’re looking to increase “as much as humanly possible.” There is uncertainty in how this will be implemented due to the server needs, and it will be addressed in a future Live Letter.
    • A fourth Residential Area to be added. As for where it will be added, Yoshida said, “Sorry, can’t tell ya.”
    • Indications are that Ala Mihgo is crossed via a wall in The Black Shroud, which will be shown in Patch 3.5. Yoshida joked that Dragoon Jump won’t work to scale the wall, but that The Warrior of Light has a lot of practice falling off of things.
    • Ala Mihgo will not be just deserts and wasteland. Forests are also part of it.
    • All areas of 4.0 will be accessible by flying mounts, but there was an indication that it will again by quest-based like in 3.0. At groans from the audience, Yoshi said it will be easier than Moogle Quests.
    • There will be changes to the Windows version’s minimum specifications. The current minimum specifications are geared towards components you can’t buy anymore. So for the best experience possible, they’ve decided to raise their minimum specifications. “If possible, maybe upgrade to a 64-bit OS,” Yoshida said. The game will still support 32-bit, however.
    • More information will be released at other Fan Fests, during Live Letters, and so forth. “This is just the start” Yoshida teased
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ed_stormblood/
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I’m at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Las Vegas this weekend, where Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida took the stage moments ago to deliver the event’s keynote address and share some amazing news: details on the next Final Fantasy XIV expansion, Stormblood, due out in early summer 2017!

The keynote opened with a brand-new teaser trailer (and tons of cheering) that gave everyone a glimpse of what’s to come to Square Enix’s massive MMORPG.

The Warrior of Light — who seems to have once again opted to change his main job — goes toe to toe with a mysterious woman in red during an intense training session. As Yoshida revealed during the presentation, this area is actually one of the new hubs that players will visit as they venture to Ala Mhigo, the backdrop for Stormblood.

As the liberation of Ala Mhigo will be taking center stage in the new storyline, it was revealed that XIIth Legion Legatus Zenos yae Galvus, ruler of the occupied Ala Mhigo, will be one of the main adversaries to be faced during your adventure. He looks pretty intense…

There was a plethora of additional gameplay updates laid out during Yoshida’s presentation. Not only will the level cap be raised from 60 to 70, but the addition of multiple new jobs was also revealed! While Yoshida didn’t make any firm declarations today, he teased attendees with more news coming at the Fan Festivals in Tokyo and Europe.

Yoshida also touched on the staples of Final Fantasy XIV that will be returning, including new dungeons, challenging high-level raids, alliance raids, as well as new gear. But one of the most well-received announcements was the increase to player inventory size, which was met with a deafening cheer.

To close the presentation, Yoshida announced that with the launch of Stormblood, support on PS3 for Final Fantasy XIV would come to a close. At the same time, a PS3 to PS4 upgrade campaign is planned, which will allow PS3 players to seamlessly join in the battle for Ala Mhigo at launch!

As a final treat, Yoshida shared a stunning piece of artwork from legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano, which you can enjoy below.

See you in Eorzea, guys.

Justin Massongill - Social Media Manager, SIEA
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...we-know-so-far

Additional Caps

Spoiler: show

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Rehosted on BG

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They are also in the spoiler in the OP at full size, hosted by BG.

There might even be Notorious Monsters that only appear once every 72 hours
    Hello darkness my old friend...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Hello darkness my old friend...
    Oh god here we go again: FFXIV: return of thr kings aka Faffys revenge!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Given the super casual catering of this game, I'm predicting open world HNMs are just S rank hunts with slightly harder mechanics and more direct drops

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Given the super casual catering of this game, I'm predicting open world HNMs are just S rank hunts with slightly harder mechanics and more direct drops
    1. i hope not
    2. some hunt NMs had some very fun mechanics, that never applied because welp dead in 1-2 sec
    3. I do hope they are popable NMs restricted to 8-24 people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    1. i hope not
    2. some hunt NMs had some very fun mechanics, that never applied because welp dead in 1-2 sec
    3. I do hope they are popable NMs restricted to 8-24 people.
    Yup to all of these. Make them poppable NMs with a cooldown for any participant. Anything else and it'll just be worse than hunts given that they want to tie these to relics.
    I'm also guessing Eureka is not instanced like Diadem otherwise they wouldn't be talking about 72h respawns. If it turns out like sky/sea from XI It should've been Azys Lla in HW, what a wasted opportunity there for such a cool but empty zone.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Easy fix to that, when the conditions are meet create an instance area that can be accessed either alone or with a party and is up for a set amount of time where you have to take the target on, once defeated the game flags your character so you cannot enter the instance again. Of course something like that would require phasing which I don't think this game currently supports so that would be something they would need to add.

Think of it as an unlisted FATE such as Odin, and w/e the HW ones are but instanced when you walk into the radius.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Funnily enough we already have a system like that with the much over used FATE system - Odin/Behemoth/Proto-Ultima are similar to the "72 hour pop", the problem is they don't really offer anything so it's content that went the wayside. Since it's tied to the relic system it's unlikely the zone will ever go the way of diadem, but it also depends on the other content at the time of 4.0.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My bad. I saw links to another site so stuck them up.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Couldn't they just implement it like how Leves are and Chimera used to be?
    Leve mobs will sort of pop into existence for other people once the level owner gets on their enmity table but outsiders can't do anything to them and for Chimera before they shoved it into its own zone I vaguely remember that you couldn't even heal the people currently fighting their own copy of it over in the Central Highlands.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Couldn't they just implement it like how Leves are and Chimera used to be?
    Leve mobs will sort of pop into existence for other people once the level owner gets on their enmity table but outsiders can't do anything to them and for Chimera before they shoved it into its own zone I vaguely remember that you couldn't even heal the people currently fighting their own copy of it over in the Central Highlands.
    Similar to the 1.x era Leves that were done for the relic. I think the largest problem with that is 2.x+ seems to be really..restrictive in a way that if they did tie it to the leve system, not only would they add artificial barriers to make it more annoying than "go pick up leve, go pop leve" but with thousands of people doing the same specific leve, there will probably be server issues loll the game can already barely handle popular S rank hunt mobs.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

XI style NMs in XIV, that would be neato

I'll pretend as if the thread in my signature played a part in it

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    XI style NMs in XIV, that would be neato

I'll pretend as if the thread in my signature played a part in it
    Doubt they'd have any of the usefulness but so long as they improve on the concept in ways XI couldn't (I.E this game has a multiple claim system, so multiple people shoud have roll for loot if participating) I can see it adding value to the world. I hate that it'll probably be just Cosmetics but if the cosmetics are good its a step in the right direction so long, as I said above, as they improve on the concept to make it a bit more fair. I hope they're not afraid to give them a low-but-reasonable drop rate for longevity. Not talking another Pre-Buff Relic FATE thing either.

Not everyone loved NM camping even for useless shit like I did in XI... but I'd love to be able to camp/hunt random obscure NMs... I mean having them drop Pink/Green maybe even Blue tier low level armor in todays game wouldn't be a bad idea (All the way up to level ~60 since cap will be 70. not letting it interfere with endgame as I imagine that would be against their vision). I know the low level crafting market is still around but the low level green market seems dying.

As this stage of the game I think low level/new/returning/New Jobs players having an out-of-dungeon way of obtain gear that could last them 5-10 levels wouldn't be insane...? I know I'd camp a Sahagin for a day or two to get a gun for MCN that looked fishy and lasted me a bit.

Maybe its just me but even if they were useless I'd probably still camp them so long as they looked neat (Bano del Sol, I'm looking at you. Fuck that guy)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Since they've mentioned that Eureka will probably be used for the next relic weapon quest line, I can see them using systems like Hunts, FATEs, daily quests, and maps to reward tomestones and relic upgrade items. I'm guessing they'll incorporate some of the ideas they're developing for the Exploratory Missions revamp such as the 'Full Area Raids' (i.e. FATEs with more mechanics) as well. I'm envisioning something like Abyssea with upgrade tokens for specific weapons and gear pieces dropping from different bosses.

They've even talked about the potential for relic armor:

Q: I have a lot of love for the weapons that I enhanced myself, namely the Zodiac and Anima weapons. I think it would be fun to be able to enhance armor in the same way, so do you have any plans to introduce something like Anima armor?
    A: We haven't made any decisions as to whether or not we will do this, but the development team has been talking about something like this for a future patch series, but not for 3.x patches. We'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
    Source
    It might introduce an additional element of player choice in what to upgrade first, while providing an opportunity for dedicated players to do open world content for multiple pieces over an extended period of time without caps.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    without caps.
    If it is even remotely useful gear in the current ilvl of a patch then 99% chance it will have caps, don't kid yourself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    If it is even remotely useful gear in the current ilvl of a patch then 99% chance it will have caps, don't kid yourself.
    Relic weapons don't have caps, they just take a long time to get and come out later in a patch cycle.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Relic weapons don't have caps, they just take a long time to get and come out later in a patch cycle.
    Yeah. Relic weapons, crafted gear and weapons, the Diadem gear, and PotD weapons have all been things that let you bypass lockouts. Since they've talked about wanting to add even more difficult content in odd-numbered patches and given the time it takes to upgrade a relic item they might continue to add more things outside of lockouts. Even if it takes a place similar to Doman/Asuran armor at launch and then is expanded upon in odd-numbered patches, it's still something new to do in the open world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast