+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The Witcher Saga - Season 2 December 17, 2021

Welp:

https://twitter.com/PlatigeImage/sta...87632991219712

Quote Originally Posted by Some Producer on Twitter
    We started production of the series based on “The Witcher” in coop. with @NetflixUS and SeanDanielCompany. Tomek #Bagiński one of the dir!
    Time to start speculating what actor would best fit the role of Geralt. Go!

I'm good with Mads Mikkelsen.

Edit: EAT IT SOULS!! by 1 minute! (merge my thread into his plzkthanks)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Witcher Saga

CD Projekt Red are not involved, Based off of the Book series
    Polish Author Andrzej Sapkowski’s Fantasy Franchise to be Brought to Life as English Language Drama Series

Netflix is developing and producing a new English language drama series based on The Witcher, the globally popular fantasy saga from Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski, that has entranced legions of fans worldwide. Known collectively as the Witcher Saga, Sapkowski’s eight novels and story collections center on "witchers" -- hunters who develop supernatural abilities at a young age to battle deadly monsters. The New York Times bestselling books have spawned a major video game franchise and have been translated into over 20 languages.

“Andrzej Sapkowski has created a rich and memorable world, at once magical and familiar,” said Erik Barmack, Netflix Vice President, international series. “We couldn’t be more excited about bringing Netflix members around the world.” “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” said Sapkowski. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.” Andrzej Sapkowski will serve as a creative consultant on the series.

Sean Daniel (The Mummy franchise, Ben-Hur, The Expanse) and Jason Brown (The Expanse), partners at the Sean Daniel Company are executive producers, along with Tomek Baginski (Oscar nominated short The Cathedral, BAFTA winning The Fallen Art, Ambition) and Jarek Sawko (The Fallen Art, Another Day of Life) from Platige Image, the Polish production and visual effects company. Bagiński will also direct at least one episode of each season.

“The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world,” said Sean Daniel and Jason Brown. “The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”

Added Platige Image’s Tomek Baginski and Jarek Sawko: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”

MAKE IT HAPPEN NETFLIX!

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Fuck. Yes.

Also the producers are two of the guys who worked on The Expanse, a fucking terrific adaptation. Bodes well imo. Casting will be key.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

They better not fuck this up.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I can't imagine the budget this will take for monsters and magic and combat to not look like cheap garbage. I'm very nervous about this you guys

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I can't imagine the budget this will take for monsters and magic and combat to not look like cheap garbage. I'm very nervous about this you guys
    Dude, Netflix has a fucking giant budget.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Dude, Netflix has a fucking giant budget.
    how much they willing to spend on fantasy tho? This doesnt have the marvel universe attached and would be more CGI intensive. It would need a Thrones-esque budget imo and thrones has some of the worst choreographed sword fights ive ever seen.

Just worried it gets the short end of the stick unless they get a HUGE name for it.

marco polo had a GoT-esque budget and that show sucked balls

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

not sure that the Witcher mythos is a strong enough standalone to lose the interactivity of a video game or the prose of its books and still be compelling, but hey, I like the dude's work, so this is cool for him even if it flops. I also worry about the budget, especially when it comes to the setting... decent makeup to make up a lot of the monsters isn't that expensive at least.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Let me know when they cast Yennefer and Triss, aka the real stars.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If you are a fan of the video game series, forget most of what you know. This is a book adaption and not a re-imagining like the game was. The author hates the video game series and has been quite vocal about it in recent months (thinks the entire fan base read the books then played the video game). So, he will not allow elements from that be included. This series will closer resemble what the author imagined as he wrote the series.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    marco polo had a GoT-esque budget and that show sucked balls
    jeez that show looked like it was made for 12 bucks

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    If you are a fan of the video game series, forget most of what you know. This is a book adaption and not a re-imagining like the game was. The author hates the video game series and has been quite vocal about it in recent months (thinks the entire fan base read the books then played the video game). So, he will not allow elements from that be included. This series will closer resemble what the author imagined as he wrote the series.
    The author can suck a dick. The video game series made him rich lol

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

not that rich. he took a small sum up front rather than a percentage because he figured no one buys video games.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...px?PageIndex=1

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well that's just his own ignorance then lol

Plus, isn't percentage of sales where its at anyway?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    The author can suck a dick. The video game series made him rich lol
    ^.

Would have never had known it was based on a book, or even known of the books if not for the amazing games. Witcher 3 is still my top PS4 game I've played.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Well that's just his own ignorance then lol

Plus, isn't percentage of sales where its at anyway?
    Depends on how much sales you expect and what kind of sum. But yeah I'd definitely take a bet on it selling better than I hoped for a big payout myself.

Who knows maybe he's a little salty that it did so well and he didn't get as much? Or maybe he just really doesn't like people changing his stories and such. Would be funny if that becomes an issue in producing this series lol.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm counting on a shitload of sneaky references to the game that the writer won't see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag