1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

PLL Summary from Famitsu - Patch 4.3

Since there was no "official" translation other than few tweets which missed a lot of information, I thought it would be worthwhile to translate the Famitsu article which summarized the information presented during the live letter.

Original: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201804/16155747.html

-----

On April 14, 2018, the 43rd Producer Letter LIVE was held, presented by Naoki Yoshida, producer and director of Final Fantasy XIV. During the broadcast, Yoshida outlined "Part 1" of the new content which will be added in the next major update, Patch 4.3.

This broadcast was held as part of the Final Fantasy XIV Full Active Time Event in Matsuyama. About 300 players were gathered at the venue to greet Yoshida with much enthusiasm.

The Doma story will finally come to a conclusion.

We'll discuss the information related to patch 4.3 as announced during the PLL point by point. To begin, the patch title will be "Under the Moonlight." Yoshida announced that the patch will be released in late May 2018, although he also said that it wouldn't be much exaggeration to say the middle either.

Quest-related

> Doma will be complete. You'll need to wait a bit longer to find out what the story will be about.
    > With the Doma story completed, a new story will be introduced. He believes that no one will have predicted the direction in which they are expanding, so you'll have to wait to see with your own eyes.
    > There will be stories related to The Four Lords and the Hildibrand Stormblood storyline. Hildibrand will be somewhere during the 4.3X series.
    > The new beast tribe will be the Namazu. This will be content for gatherers and crafters. In particular, people who don't already have gathering or crafting classes at 70 will want to use this content for its rewards.
    > Cirina from Azim Steppe will play a role in the new beast tribe quests. Have they decided on the reward mount yet? It will be announced at the next PLL.
    > The Doman Enclave will have new side quests. This will be a new system as part of an update to the Doman Enclave which will open up after clearing the main quest.

New Instanced Dungeon and New Trial

> The new instanced dungeon will be The Swallow's Compass. The development was interesting and the BGM is great (high production values).
    > They won't be announcing the identity of the next trial in advance, and it won't be in the trailer or in the patch notes.
    > The boss is not one of the Four Lords. What will happen and who you'll fight will be something you'll have to see with your own eyes on patch day.

New Alliance Raid Dungeon

> The next alliance raid dungeon will be called The Ridorana Lighthouse.
    > Matsuno is working on the scenario development.
    > There will be a related side quest available for gatherers and crafters separate from the Ridorana Lighthouse.
    > Alliance Raid dungeon loot rule will be set to "All Greed"
    > The reason for changing to "All Greed" is that currently because of the relative difficulty, you can only get equipment for your main job even if the item level of that equipment would better serve a lower level alternate job. So equipment you want may drop but you cannot lot it because you're on your main job and you'll have to repeat it many times.
    > By changing the distribution rule, it should make it easier to use your main job to acquire equipment for your alternate jobs. However, if they receive a lot of opposing feedback, they will rethink the introduction of this rule, so please give your feedback.
    > For those who may be worried this will result in less tanks, since there's only one tank in each party, it's more likely that there will be an excessive amount of tanks immediately following patch release.
    > There was a boss designed by Amemiya which will appear.

New Deep Dungeon

> The stage for the next Deep Dungeon is Heaven-on-High which rises up from the Ruby Sea.
    > This will be Deep Dungeon content for players who have graduated past Palace of the Dead, and can be uses for leveling up from 60 to 70.
    > The main story of the quest has been reduced to just the first 30 floors. Floors 31 and beyond will be the higher difficulty section.
    > There will be substantial rewards, so players who have already reached level 70 will still want to check it out past floor 31.
    > The interior of Heaven-on-High is a mysterious space. There will be new elements like the "monster house" and "large room" from the Chocobo Dungeon series.
    > You'll be able to use Magitek to summon. For example, you could summon Titan and he would perform Earthen Fury to wipe out the enemies on the floor.
    > The next Deep Dungeon will probably be released slightly after patch 4.3. There is a chance it may come out at the same time, but they are currently reviewing the implementation schedule so they need some more tiem to make a decision.

The second part of Forbidden Land Eureka

> The next part of Forbidden Land Eureka, called Pagos, will be released in 4.35 or 4.36. Pagos is a Greek word meaning ice.
    > There will be a lot of three-dimensional crossing terrain features which haven't been seen in FFXIV so far.
    > In addition to the new area, there will be system updates and new elements added. As an example, something like the "Happy Bunnies" in FFXII.
    > There will also be elements on a weekly system added in patch 4.3 to help players catch up after the first wave.

Ultra High-level Content

> In the battle against ultimate Bahamut, the first enemy to appear was Twintania, so it may be something similar this time before you can fight Ultima Weapon.
    > This is scheduled for release in patch 4.31. Likely about two weeks after patch 4.3.
    > Because the battle time for Ultimate Bahamut was long, they are planning on shortening it a bit. However, that doesn't mean it will be lower difficulty.
    > The reward will be a unique weapon exclusive to the ultimate Ultima Weapon fight and is for bragging rights only. They won't have new models, but they will have a huge glow.

Job Adjustments

> The only announcement at this time is that job adjustments would be performed with patch 4.3.
    > They are currently working through final balance checks with the adjusted jobs, and will provide more detail at the next producer letter.
    > There will definitely be adjustments for Dark Knight, Samurai, and Astrologian.
    > Based on a previous exchange, there seemed to have been an impression that some work would be done on black mage, but they were actually talking about samurai.
    > Black mage in its present state is already strong enough.
    > The samurai adjustments will be purely to increase their damage output.

PvP Updates

> Enemy party window will be visible during the match so you can see the buffs utilized by other players. They'll show this in more detail at the next producer letter.
    > The Crystal Tower Training Grounds map will be adjusted. When they made the change to allow field revives, the push/pull feel of the matches was reduced, so they are working to renovate the map to solve this.
    > There will be a frontline daily rotation added to the Duty Roulette. For example, one day might be Seal Rock, the next day might be Shatter, and the rule would change every day. Matching would be done just for that corresponding rule so you'll be able to enjoy PvP every day without getting bored of it.

Glamour Dresser Updates

> You'll be able to remove equipment from the Glamour Dresser as an item.
    > Even equipment that's already been stored will be able to be returned as an item after the patch is update. When removed from the dresser, any signature on the equipment will be lost.
    > There will be a Glamour Dresser for your squadron in the barracks.

Performance Updates

> Five new sounds will be added
    > There will be a new animation for whistling.
    > Functions have been added to have a sound continue while keys are held, or to slowly fade out.

Player Housing

> Guestbooks will be added, which can be arranged in the house like any other furnishing. For example, you can write a welcome message in the Guestbook and visitors can leave comments.
    > You'll be able to put a mannequin in the house with your favorite equipment. This will be released with one of the updates during patch 4.3.
    > They are working to connect mannequins with the market so that visitors can purchase the equipment displayed on a mannequin. If they can pull this off, it will be able to purchase full coordinated sets of equipment.
    > For example, you can use a mannequin to display a certain set of matched (glamour) equipment, and players can "order" it like at a boutique.

Other Updates

> A Duty Roulette will be added for normal raids.
    > A third custom deliveries client will be added, but it will not be another Miqo'te. It also won't be a new character, it's someone we've already met.
    > Once your reputation with that NPC increases a certain amount, you'll be able to coordinate the wardrobe of that NPC.
    > Cross-world chat groups will be implemented. A function will be added which will allow you to add players from other worlds on the same datacenter to a chat group. You can essentially think of it as a cross-world linkshell.
    > The feature set will be simpler than those of existing linkshells.
    > You can create a cross world chat group, then add other world players as members. After a certain amount of time where there are no members other than yourself, the group will automatically be deleted.
    > Up to 64 people can belong to a cross-world chat group. They want to check the stability of this during operation.

[[The next part of the article was about the companion app. There's really nothing to add here, the slides from the presentation already had most of the relevant details in English.]]

Talk with Toshio Murouchi

The second half of the program began with a talk session with special guests. At this event, global community producer Toshio Murouchi talked about his experience with the game and answered questions about his role. Yoshida was also there to supplement Murouchi's explanations.

What is a global community producer?

Murouchi: In addition to the community team and two types of customer support teams (the information center and game masters), I also have jurisdiction over the special task force (STF). I also work to maintain unified policies and cooperation with the teams located in Los Angeles and London.

Yoshida: To put it more simply, a great person.

Did you act as a game master?

Murouchi: Of course. Although I never had a shift with FFXIV because of my position, I acted as a game master during the FFXI era. I originally joined Square Enix to work on FFXI, but even when I was with Electronic Arts Square before that, I was a game master on Ultima Online.

You seem to be easygoing most of the time, but I've heard that you're scary when you're angry. Do you hit things, or maybe Yoshida, when you're angry?

Murouchi: I don't hit things. I'd have to be really angry to punch Yoshida, so I'd probably only do that if I was ready to quit. When I'm really angry, I think I'd be silent.

Yoshida: He smiles even when he's angry. I don't think he's aware himself sometimes, but everyone around can sense his inner rage.

You've been involved with a lot of events like the FFXIV Full Active Time Events, but which one stands out most to you?

Murouchi: The event we held at Shibuya Hikarie when we commemorated the release of the new generation of FFXIV. Seeing Yoshida on stage addressing the crowd while holding back tears particularly stands out.

Yoshida: I'd like to wipe those videos from the internet....

In the North America and Europe datacenters, there are players using PvP content and crafting/gathering bots. What's your response to that situation?

Murouchi: Dealing with PvP bots is a high priority project within the special task force. We're working on several things right now which will allow us to identify and catch bots.

Gathering bots are mainly used by RMT traders. Large scale groups are easy to catch, but individuals or small groups often use unique patterns which makes them difficult to catch. We need to work on the conditions to catch those people along with related parties like our legal team, and once we determine what adjustments we can make, we put them into practice.

Once we implement countermeasures, those who committed fraud will disappear for a time, but they will often come back in a different way, so then we need to come up with a new response. It will continue to develop like a cat-and-mouse game, so I hope everyone is cooperative by reporting these issues.

The name Mordion Gaol originated from FFXI. The management team wanted a secluded place to be able to talk to players, so the development team made an area covered in rock walls. However, in FFXI, because of the coding every area had to have a name, so the person in charge of the world setting came up with the name Mordion Gaol.

Notices are posted on lodestone about RMT and other fraudulent activity, but please tell us how you determine whether to issue temporary or permanent suspensions when deciding on sentences.

[[This was used as a lead-in to the slide presentation on penalties, which also had the relevant information already in English.]]

Do you have any plans to do another equipment design contest?

Murouchi: We are planning on it. We're coming up with the role theme, but we still have to do ranged and melee DPS. We're planning for this to happen soon, so please hang on a bit longer.

How do you decide how many players to invite to one of the FFXIV Full Active Time Events?

Murouchi: We decide how many people based on the size of the venue and the number of people that Yoshida can interact with. Because there are always some people who can't show up due to certain circumstances, we add a few on top of that to predict no-shows based on past events.

Yoshida: I want to be able to talk to as many people as possible, so we target around 200 people. We don't want to go much beyond that to prevent situations where people were able to show up to the event but didn't get to interact with us.

Instead of holding one or two larger ones a year, we feel it's better to hold three or four of them at smaller venues, so I ask the staff to please not increase the number of winners. We get lots of entries, ten times or more the number of people that can show up.

[[Everything else was all promotion/advertising... Universal Studios Japan collaboration, Eorzean Symphony, new Primals album, etc. etc.]]

Towards the end, we got to take a photo with all of the participants. Yoshida made a final remark to the audience before the event came to a close.

Yoshida: We were finally able to come out and see everyone in Shikoku. As we discussed earlier, we'll continue holding Final Fantasy XIV: Full Active Time Events for hundreds of people. I look forward to making it out to as many locations as possible. Thanks for coming out!

OMG thanks SLY! ur da best!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

> The reason for changing to "All Greed" is that currently because of the relative difficulty, you can only get equipment for your main job even if the item level of that equipment would better serve a lower level alternate job. So equipment you want may drop but you cannot lot it because you're on your main job and you'll have to repeat it many times.
    so instead let's make it so you have to repeat it many times no matter what job you're on. brilliant. lmao

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    so instead let's make it so you have to repeat it many times no matter what job you're on. brilliant. lmao
    Crabs in a pot. WE SUFFER TOGETHER!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm waiting to see how it plays out before I start lobbing pitchforks across the Pacific. keep in mind that everyone is still limited to one piece of gear per run so you're really not lotting against seven people every time unless all seven are new for the week and want the specific piece of gear you want, which is not likely. you might also be playing with people in the same role as you who actually want to gear up a different job, so that would work in your favor.

if you only have one job this kinda sucks, but as someone playing both caster and healer? yeah, I can dig it. they'll change it back if people hate it anyway; they were pretty clear about being open to feedback on this issue specifically.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Imma laugh if the JSE gets a ilv bump in eureka to 360 though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Wait they're gonna change it to all greed without removing the 1 per week cap? That's a totally different story... I'd rather just grind it as much as I want to get as much gear as I want.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I'm waiting to see how it plays out before I start lobbing pitchforks across the Pacific. keep in mind that everyone is still limited to one piece of gear per run so you're really not lotting against seven people every time unless all seven are new for the week and want the specific piece of gear you want, which is not likely. you might also be playing with people in the same role as you who actually want to gear up a different job, so that would work in your favor.

if you only have one job this kinda sucks, but as someone playing both caster and healer? yeah, I can dig it. they'll change it back if people hate it anyway; they were pretty clear about being open to feedback on this issue specifically.
    The point is that there's a system (already available elsewhere in the game) that fixes all the issues they've listed as reasoning for this change yet they go with the stupidest implementation they can possibly think about. Just put a token system in place for 24 man raids and be done with it. People will play on their mains and buy whatever they want with them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think the development team wants to do that otherwise they would've (Plus we already have a token system for buying Polish/Weaves). Instead we've gotten the doubling of loot in Heavensward and now a greed only function that'll hopefully boost the average ilv of the players.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

<3 Slycer

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I don't think the development team wants to do that otherwise they would've (Plus we already have a token system for buying Polish/Weaves). Instead we've gotten the doubling of loot in Heavensward and now a greed only function that'll hopefully boost the average ilv of the players.
    But not the skill level, since the game holds your hand like a gentle lover through all of the content so by time players who don't have to try or bother to improve reach the 'challenging' content, it's like playing with people who forget the basics of the game. It's pretty interesting to see what this most likely Tenzen or Zenos trial will be though.

Ultima weapon could be interesting, especially if they opt for the Proto-Ultima design to FINALLY give him an actual fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Actually the most common theory is that the new Trial is not Zenos related at all but it's something to do with (4.2 spoilers)
    Spoiler: show
    Yotsuyu and that mirror she got last patch; she may become the vessel of a Primal (Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi, the latter being the most likely choice although the gender doesn't match) depending on how they go with it.
    Makes a lot more sense if you ask me, especially if you read up on japanese folklore that they're using for inspiration (patch name is also a reference).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It does make sense, that's why I counted it out kinda

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It does make sense, that's why I counted it out kinda
    samurai in stormblood showed me SE will go with the most predictable boring answer

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair Samurai got revealed at Fan Fest 2014 when Soken connected his laptop to the project and there was a giant SAMURAI folder in it.

I don't remember what "happy bunnies" were in FFXII, can anyone explain?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I don't remember what "happy bunnies" were in FFXII, can anyone explain?
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/H...l_Fantasy_XII)

Basically enemies that are friendly until attacked and will cast buffs/heals on you if you're close.

I don't really get how people are saying this new system will boost the average ilvl of players its basically going to be the same except its more of a free for all now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was there a date for 4.3 yet?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

We'll discuss the information related to patch 4.3 as announced during the PLL point by point. To begin, the patch title will be "Under the Moonlight." Yoshida announced that the patch will be released in late May 2018, although he also said that it wouldn't be much exaggeration to say the middle either.
    ^