Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy Origin: Stranger of Paradise (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1) - March 18, 2022

With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts...

Jack and his allies, Ash and Jed, burn with resolve to defeat Chaos as they throw open the gates to the Chaos Shrine. Yet doubts remain—are they truly the Warriors of Light the prophecy foretold? 

Step into a world of dark fantasy and revel in the exhilarating, action-packed battles!
    PS5 demo coming today and available until June 24th

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

CHAOS

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/...fantasy-origin

STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN is a brand new original game, developed in collaboration with Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES.

That’s the team behind NINJA GAIDEN and the incredible Nioh series too. They’re masters of the dark and visceral action RPG, and they’re bringing all of their brutal experience to the FINAL FANTASY series.

You take the role of Jack who, along with allies Ash and Jed, sets off on a quest to defeat Chaos. Burning with resolve, and with memories of their struggle deep in their hearts, are they the foretold Warriors of Light?

Your journey will take you into a dark and challenging fantasy world, filled with iconic monsters from the FINAL FANTASY series. Fortunately, Jack isn’t exactly defenseless - he can use powerful spells and abilities from a range of jobs, including warrior, dragoon and black mage.

How do I play the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION?

If you really want to get a sense of how the game plays, you can experience it for yourself. The trial version is available today on PS5.

This sample of the game takes you and Jack into the Chaos Shrine, where you’ll be able to explore, battle some horrifying monsters, and try out some of the different jobs available.

Once you’ve given it a go, why not share your thoughts? Those who try the game are invited to take part in a survey to provide feedback to the development team. Your thoughts can help shape the outcome of the game, so make sure you participate. You can access the survey from the menu screen of the trial version.

Now here’s all the small print and legal stuff, so buckle up. The TRIAL VERSION is available for free on PS5 beginning June 13, 2021 and until June 24, 2021 7:59 pm PT / 3:59pm BST. Once that period is over, the demo will no longer be able to be played.

You must also have an active internet connection and a PSN account to play it, and save data can not be carried over to the full version of the game.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This looks rather low grade/B-team quality stuff? 3 generic dudes, seemingly uninteresting and the dialogue doesn't feel like much. Even the battle system feels like a bit of NieR replicant has leaked onto it (well the spinning spear bit made me think it). And the graphics look PS3 like.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Generic cliché slop that is emblematic of what FF has become.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The fucking memes lmfao

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is 2.0 of the DmC debacle, letting Team Ninja just shit all over an IP with their generic angst

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/...n-dev-comments

Tetsuya Nomura – Creative Producer

The initial concept for STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN came up around the time following the release of DISSIDIA 012duodecim FINAL FANTASY. I was thinking to myself about making my next game into one that featured action elements in which locations are conquered, rather than the kind with battles against characters.

Some time passed without anything coming of it, but separately I was also thinking to myself about another plan for a new series of FINAL FANTASY titles revolving around "the story of an angry man". Even more time passed, at which point I received a request for a new plan, so I combined these two ideas to come up with this.

While it is FINAL FANTASY, it feels different—but there's no doubt that the blood of FINAL FANTASY runs through its veins.

We've undertaken the challenge of finding this difficult middle ground for this mature and stylish title. We need a little time until we're able to complete it, and while the battle system is a bloody one, it does link to the story, so I hope you'll use this opportunity to give it a try.

Kazushige Nojima – Story and Scenario

"It's not a hope or a dream. It's like a hunger. A thirst."

When I wrote this line, I felt like the story had been brought to life.

What drives them to want to defeat Chaos as much as they do?

What, then, are their hopes and dreams?

It was in this moment that what used to be fragments and pieces of story came together in a powerful way.

The story that I wrote - in what seemed like a single breath after penning that line - is STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN. I think it turned out to be quite a memorable story that accompanies a game which prominently features brutal imagery.

Please enjoy!

Jin Fujiwara – Producer (SQUARE ENIX)

True to its label as “a bold new vision," this title is full of new undertakings that draw a clear distinction between it and previous FINAL FANTASY series titles. I can't divulge too many details at this stage, but we prepared a glimpse of these ambitions within the trial version, including the title's direction and overall image, so please enjoy.

I believe that the feedback we receive from all of you around the world is very important as we improve upon the title even further. Please send us your thoughts through the trial version survey or through social media.

I'm already looking forward to the day I'll be able to play this title with you.

Daisuke Inoue – Director (SQUARE ENIX)

This is a title that has been developed with the goal of bringing something new to sit alongside the many FINAL FANTASY titles in the series. I think it could be considered a side story in terms of how it is positioned.

There may be some people who were disappointed that this announcement was not a new, numbered title in the series, but this game contains ambitions within that even a mainline title may not have been able to achieve.

Grounded and challenging action created by Team NINJA, our protagonist, sprayed with blood as he literally rips apart, throws, and pulverizing his enemies.

The way he looks is almost as if-

Well, we have prepared this trial version with hopes of having players experience this new flavor that the title brings with it, even if just a little bit. As we are still in development, I think there may be some areas that are not perfect and may be that way for a while to come, but I hope you'll enjoy this trial version regardless.

Additionally, please let us know your thoughts on the game, whether it be positives or negatives that you noticed - we will make great use of this feedback as we continue development.

Fumihiko Yasuda – Head of Team NINJA, Producer (KOEI TECMO GAMES)

Playing FINAL FANTASY IV 30 years ago is what made me aspire towards a career in the gaming industry, so I always hoped that someday I could be involved in the FINAL FANTASY series.

When Team NINJA was working on DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY, I was in charge of a different section, which meant that every night I filled my pillow with tears. I'm truly happy to be involved with a new FINAL FANTASY, and a title connected to its ORIGIN at that.

Using the feedback that the players provide after playing the trial version, all of us at Team NINJA will work to make this a title that meets the expectations of not only action game fans, but also FINAL FANTASY series fans around the world!

Hiroya Usuda – Director (KOEI TECMO GAMES)

I grew up playing FINAL FANTASY since I was very young, so it is a great honor to have the opportunity to be involved with this title. Furthermore, I'm truly excited that Team NINJA is able to deliver the first full-on action game in the FINAL FANTASY series to the world.

In this trial version, we've made specific demo-oriented adjustments so that players of all styles will be able to enjoy it—we have incorporated elements such as multiple jobs and weapon types, adjustable difficulty levels, and great replayability. Please let us know your thoughts and feedback once you have given it a try!

Nobumichi Kumabe – Director (KOEI TECMO GAMES)

I’m glad we were able to announce this new FINAL FANTASY game—an action game in which Jack, a Warrior of Light(?), lays waste to monsters while being bathed in the spray of their blood. I'm a huge fan of the FINAL FANTASY series myself, so I'm going to work hard towards release so that this blood-stained Jack can become a hero!

This is a title developed with the characteristic Team NINJA level of difficulty in mind, but once you start getting the hang of it, you'll be able to defeat enemies in an exhilarating and satisfying way. I hope you will replay the trial version many times and try out the various weapons and abilities available.

The difficulty level can be changed as well, so one recommendation I have is to start playing on an easier difficulty and gradually raise it higher for a challenge!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The fucking memes lmfao
    You got a source for that? I feel like shitting on it with a friend haha

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    memes
    Thanks man, delicious!! hahaha

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    This is 2.0 of the DmC debacle, letting Team Ninja just shit all over an IP with their generic angst
    I thought it was Ninja Theory that did Devil May Dubstep?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    I thought it was Ninja Theory that did Devil May Dubstep?
    gdi you're right.

And I had just corrected Kaslo (I think) about the mixup between the two devs a couple weeks ago)

team ninja and nioh 2 last year was excellent, but goddamn the dialogue/story was borderline incomprehensible in that game too. hopefully this ones gameplay covers it like nioh's did

Can we have Mobius back instead?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag