FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

FFXI Reddit AMA on May 23rd 2022 at 9:30 p.m. EDT

Our friends at reddit.com/r/FFXI asked me to make a post about this, they are having an AMA on May 23rd at 6:30 p.m. PDT / 9:30 p.m. EDT. Here is their blurb on it:

We are pleased to announce that the Final Fantasy XI Development Team will be holding an AMA (Ask Me Anything) within this subreddit on May 23rd in celebration of the 20th anniversary! Square Enix has graciously agreed to once again work with us in coordinating this AMA on /r/ffxi. Stay tuned and Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito will be answering your questions on the 23rd.

When: May 23rd at 6:30 p.m. PDT / 9:30 p.m. EDT (countdown link)
    Where: https://reddit.com/r/ffxi/ (pinned thread)
    Who: Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito

If you ever wanted to ask the Development Team a question, this will be your opportunity! We also recommend spreading the word about this AMA in advance, as it is a live event and is within a limited time window like most AMAs.

While you are waiting, why not read the previous AMA from 2016!

From Square Enix's announcement: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/...th-anniversary

Got a question about the long-running title? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you! FINAL FANTASY XI Online’s Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito will be hosting a Reddit AMA on the FFXI subreddit on May 23 from 6:30 pm PDT to 8:00 pm PDT as part of the anniversary festivities.

If you’d like to submit a question, or read through the answers after the fact, be sure to visit the FFXI subreddit when the date arrives: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

XI / XIV DUAL SUB WHEN!?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What was the answer we always use to get back in the day? "We currently have no plans for x"?

Anyway, ask them when they'll finish Monstrosity. Stop making excuses and give me Parties and Dragons/Wyrm class at the very least. Also let Monsters get drops from enemies, I mean sh*t its not like Monsters are any more OP than players at this point so that little nerf isn't necessary and might breathe a little life into Monstrisity. Please and thank you.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The only question to ask is what the fuck were you trying to do the player base by releasing that "How to fight Absolute Virtue" video they released. Only the old OG's will remember this shit.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Can we get a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    Our friends at reddit.com/r/FFXI
    Since when?!

Meanwhile, Funk and I are talking about hosting an insurgent AMA at the same time on r/FinalFantasy11.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Since when?!

Meanwhile, Funk and I are talking about hosting an insurgent AMA at the same time on r/FinalFantasy11.
    with blackjack, and hookers

they may even be for you, matsui and fujito
    wink

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    with blackjack, and hookers

they may even be for you, matsui and fujito
    wink
    It would be nice for r/FinalFantasy11 to have an AMA without all the riffraff in there that are going to be mad about SE not giving them a pony, a unicorn, a redo on the last season of Game of Thrones, etc for the 20th Anniversary. That or them asking for a classic server, or a mobile version, etc. There will flat out be a list of topics like "when engine remake?" "when classic server?" "when expansion pack?" that wouldn't be allowed. This way the AMA wouldn't be a cringe fest of repeat questions.
    Thus we have been talking today about having a concurrent, unofficial, and unsanctioned AMA and having fun with the whole thing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

AV and PW really in the dafuq? Column. I guess being yahoo famous was the goal?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Damn shame r/ffxi gets to host this. It'll be full of trash questions like last time or shit that is already known but wasn't bothered by the poster to look up.

While I'm not a fan of reddit in general what Spicy has been doing over at r/finalfanatasy11 even if it it does have that Spiciness, I guess that helps keep a ton of junk from being even posted to start with though since they refuse to use it, it is much better quality of threads and the mods weed out junk.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darvamos View Post
    Damn shame r/ffxi gets to host this. It'll be full of trash questions like last time or shit that is already known but wasn't bothered by the poster to look up.

While I'm not a fan of reddit in general what Spicy has been doing over at r/finalfanatasy11 even if it it does have that Spiciness, I guess that helps keep a ton of junk from being even posted to start with though since they refuse to use it, it is much better quality of threads and the mods weed out junk.
    A damn shame. Don't worry, I will make a thread later on the AMA. That should help make up for it a little bit.

See bad things can be good. Unlike Batman though, I'm not just the hero you need, but also the one the community deserves.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I liked that one. Laughed all the way to the Mireu with that one.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    A damn shame. Don't worry, I will make a thread later on the AMA. That should help make up for it a little bit.
    BEHOLD!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darvamos View Post
    Damn shame r/ffxi gets to host this.
    The real shame is this will be one of the very few times they sit down to answer questions with an English translator present any time soon. They might do another interview with LOLGamerEscape because they're on their shit community team's mailing list already.

So the time will be a waste and we would have been better off with Matsui spending his time tweaking his V2 Ambuscade for the month or something else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
    So the time will be a waste
    Very fitting for the game

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
    The real shame is this will be one of the very few times they sit down to answer questions with an English translator present any time soon. They might do another interview with LOLGamerEscape because they're on their shit community team's mailing list already.

So the time will be a waste and we would have been better off with Matsui spending his time tweaking his V2 Ambuscade for the month or something else.
    Best case scenario is that they respond to our simultaneous AMA. We will actually ask better questions than "when classic server?! DQ gets an offline server, why not us!?"

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I figure the safe Qs that would get a response for would just be regarding unused shit in the game they could talk about freely, since there's no dev commitment required. Eg. I'd have liked to hear about the OG ideas they had in mind for Salvage/Walk of Echoes, since I doubt how either ended up was in the original design doc.
    Spoiler: show
    Or just more behind-the-scenes regarding all the test/beta maps sitting in the client files to this day still

A Q I'd ask, is about making public versions of the instanced areas in the game (eg. The WotG caves like Ruhotz Silvermines, or the ToA Assault maps), to create dedicated master leveling zones from, rather than cramming new mobs into zones meant for much lower level players.

They're running out of unused space in the current zones selection to squeeze new camps into, so that'd be a cheap means of recycling assets to make use of again, assuming the server they got these days can budget the overhead of a couple more locations to keep spawn tables active for.
    Or just throw a couple hundred mobs into Chocobo Circuit and let us run around the racetrack on foot

If I'm lucky someone will ask about that Monstrosity update we never got lol. I think only 10 of us in the game even liked this mindless content.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Would you please put protections in place so you can't spike flail Mireu like a dumb cunt?" Is surely going to be asked

Personally speaking I don't care as I have just about everything from DI. But it would be a funny quest to see asked.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I heard this being talked about on a recent stream elsewhere. Suggestion was to have it charm the person who pulls hate in the back instead of a flail so the other players can just kill that player.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I heard this being talked about on a recent stream elsewhere. Suggestion was to have it charm the person who pulls hate in the back instead of a flail so the other players can just kill that player.
    This was I can just get charmed and take out players that can't even target me in the lag.