Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Three years ago now     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Three years ago now

    So, three years ago at 10:55 pm on dec 3rd I was playing FFXI while on Skype with my Linkshell. I was helping to build lights for an abysses burn party. Every party I had been in for my Linkshell I went as the summoner for Odin spam since I was the only one with him. This time however I was able to be a leech and level some sub jobs. I was looking forward to finishing lights and then changing jobs. That was never going to happen however.


    See, right when I finished, my phone rang. It was the doctor calling me to tell me that my lungs are in and that I got my transplant.

    I've been going strong since and am kicking ass. Not being aloud to leech that night was the best thing to ever happen to me. I am finally living life and doing things I never thought possible. I'm currently in the Bahamas living it up and celebrating this gift I was given.

    So, go me. And remember. Be an organ donor

  2. #2
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Glad to hear your transplant went so well! Enjoy the Bahamas, it's freezing in Denver. But, Broncos, so it's cool

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    567
    BG Level
    5

    That's awesome glad you're still kicking around because of a donor. Anything of value they can take when I die. It's the last selfless thing we can do. Always good to see someone get a second chance and use it right.

  4. #4
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,098
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Fuck yeah! Does your doctor still think you're a pain killer addict over the whole broken back thing?

  5. #5
    We wear wine red on Wednesdays

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,241
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Yeaaaaah Buddy, glad to hear you're still goin strong.

  6. #6
    BG is my LJ
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,222
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Like. DREAM~BOAT!

  7. #7
    Vuitton
    Guest

    T_T my feels

  8. #8
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,973
    BG Level
    8

    Good to know your graft is still holding up well.

    And I probably had a part in making the product your doctors used for your post-transplant monitoring. Makes me feel good that my agony and frustration making transplant diagnostic kits helps increase transplant success rates.

  9. #9
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    Fuck yeah! Does your doctor still think you're a pain killer addict over the whole broken back thing?
    I'll explain a whole story when I get home. iPhone typing is gay. But the gist is, yes lol

  10. #10
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    So glad it's been working out for you Myrrh!

  11. #11
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Fuck that doctor right in his butthole. Stay in the bahamas!

    Hard to believe it's been three years already. Happy lungversary!

  12. #12
    I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,524
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Keep on trucking man!

  13. #13
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Grats man, glad to hear.

  14. #14
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    521
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Celestial Cosmos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Whisperwind

    Quote Originally Posted by nayaminfenrir View Post
    Glad to hear your transplant went so well! Enjoy the Bahamas, it's freezing in Denver. But, Broncos, so it's cool
    Srsly, so cold today! But glad to hear that you still goin strong. :D

  15. #15
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    I remember this, three years ago. Its good that you're still kicking. Enjoy the trip!

  16. #16
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    awesome stuff! Grats and stay strong my friend!

  17. #17
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,332
    BG Level
    7

    Great story to read. Can't say I've ever heard from anyone that has had lungs transplanted before. Enjoy filling them with the Caribbean air.

  18. #18
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,528
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

    Enjoy a cold drink on a hot beach for me.

  19. #19
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Should we sing you Eye of the Tiger? Grats man, keep living life to the fullest.

  20. #20
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,382
    BG Level
    9

    Post pics of the Bahamas...not of you though, just want warm sun and chicks in bikinis D:

    Good to hear though, nice to see that type of shit in action, now you just gotta start up smoking

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How does this happen in three years?
    By Francisco in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 2010-01-10, 05:15
  2. 150 Years Ago Today: On the Origin of Species is Published
    By Sepukku in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2009-12-21, 05:34
  3. How the Health Crisis was solved 80 years ago.
    By guartz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1589
    Last Post: 2009-11-30, 21:52
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2009-11-17, 16:27
  5. Thought I'd try.. /r/ name of Anime I watched years ago
    By Howard Roark in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2008-02-01, 19:00
  6. 1 year ago. Let us never forget
    By Melena in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-01-31, 23:39
  7. N64, 10 years ago
    By BRP in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2006-10-02, 15:41