Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Resolve Cable Modem Disconnects

    I thought I would share this with you guys. The last couple weeks I've been getting disconnected from the internet / FFXIV and I thought it was caused by a weak cable signal I was getting sometimes. I found this little broadband signal amp and it has worked.



    This was my signal without the amp....



    and this is signal with the amp...



    Here is a video explaining it....


    I don't know all the technical stuff... but it improved my connection and I don't disconnect anymore... I hope this helps if anyone has internet connectivity problems. I bought the AMP online from Ebay for $48 +$3 shipping.

  2. #2
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,118
    BG Level
    9

    I use to use a similar device when I had Comcast. The tech actually gave it to me for free. I had to have them come out a whole bunch of times cause it was showing a weak signal. In my case it only helped a little bit. The modem would still lose the signal and try to reconnect but it wouldn't. After several more visits I got somebody who was thorough and checked the cables coming into the house. (They were old.) He checked the cable going off to the modem. It was connected to a splitter from the main line. When he unscrewed it the male end was almost completely withdrawn into the cable. He told me he didn't know how I was even getting a signal at all. That was the problem the whole time and the other technicians didn't even bother to check. >.>

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2013-10-22, 12:41
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2013-03-02, 13:18
  3. Routers and Cable Modem
    By Yoli in forum Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-12-31, 18:31
  4. Wireless Modem, Connection Cable issues
    By Karbuncle in forum Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2008-05-01, 15:54
  5. 2 cable modems.
    By Booin in forum Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-04-18, 12:31